Sarah Palin favors teaching creationism in schools. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:13:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Sarah Palin favors teaching creationism in schools. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sarah Palin favors teaching creationism in schools.  (Read 25431 times)
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:24 PM »

OK, here is what she really said:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/elections/story/8347904p-8243554c.html

I'm glad to know that liberals like sbane, stop sarah palin, Teh O.C.,, new deal democrat, oppose free debate.  Good job guys.

Sorry J.J but there is nothing to debate about. I would also love to debate gravity and other such facts but time is money. We shouldn't waste it having worthless debates about whether we descended from monkeys. If you really want to debate it so much then get into college and get a bio degree, then you can argue all you want with your professors. In high school having the debate from a religious point of view in a SCIENCE class is detrimental to the other students.
But you've got to admit when you read what Palin actually said it sounds much less alarming. Hers is the position of most conservatives. I don't agree with it, but it hadly makes her a far-right nutjob.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:49 PM »

She does not respect other religions. My mom took me out of class when that happend. So many people will object to it. I hate her.
Clearly believing students should be exposed to both sides of a debate makes her hate-worthy.
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 09:13:28 PM »

She does not respect other religions. My mom took me out of class when that happend. So many people will object to it. I hate her.
Clearly believing students should be exposed to both sides of a debate makes her hate-worthy.

Again, I would like someone to explain to me why an idea, lacking scientific evidence, should get more credence in a science class, just because lots of people believe it in a culture.
It shouldn't, of course. Except she didn't say that. What she said was, "I don't think there should be a prohibition against debate if it comes up in class. It doesn't have to be part of the curriculum." No where does she say creationism should get more credence than evolution in a science class, or even that it would be taught per se.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies