First Presidential Canidate You Supported
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:16:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  First Presidential Canidate You Supported
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: First Presidential Canidate You Supported  (Read 7695 times)
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 07:45:50 PM »

I really hate political education and all it's mock activities because it TOTALLY OMITS third parties.

Did you read mine?  I mentioned Jesse, a third party candidate Smiley

And in 2000, our Presidential mock election had Nader/LaDuke and Buchanan/Whoever on it... although Winona LaDuke looked a little drunk >P
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 07:48:23 PM »

I really hate political education and all it's mock activities because it TOTALLY OMITS third parties.

And in 2000, our Presidential mock election had Nader/LaDuke and Buchanan/Whoever on it... although Winona LaDuke looked a little drunk >P

Buchanan's running mate was Conseravtive Activist Ezola Foster.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 07:49:54 PM »

Buchanan's running mate was Conseravtive Activist Ezola Foster.

OK.
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2004, 07:55:28 PM »

First Presidential Candidate: Ross Perot (1996)

First State Candidate: Skip Humphrey (Minnesota Governor's Race 1998)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2004, 07:57:19 PM »

My schools 2000 mock election was a funny one to say the least. Al Gore won by a fairly wide margin. Two of my friends and I voted for Buchanan (I was a radical right winger then). He only got those 3 votes. Nader mamaged about 12 votes and Browne got a few votes from kids he thought he was cool because he wanted to legalise marijuana. John Hagelin and Howard Philips managed to get 1 vote a piece.
badnarikin04

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 08:16:56 PM »

Well, mine doesn't. Minnesota's a big third party state, which is pretty much because of Jesse and that Independence Party deal.

I live in NH. Pretty much nobody even knew what a libertarian was until I made my choice. I'm guessing I've informed about 5-10 people.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2004, 08:36:22 PM »

But that'll change once I tear up the room with all my libertarian glory in the class debates.

No necessarily...I voted for Lenora Fulani in my eight grade mock election in 1992!  And she beat the Libertarian (Marrou I believe), 9 votes to 6.

In the mock election in my high school in 1996, Bob Dole got trounced by Ross Perot.  Dole only got 5% of the vote, and this is in a 3000 person school!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 08:39:39 PM »

But that'll change once I tear up the room with all my libertarian glory in the class debates.

In the mock election in my high school in 1996, Bob Dole got trounced by Ross Perot.  Dole only got 5% of the vote, and this is in a 3000 person school!

Well Maryland wasn't really Dole country Tongue But I understand what you're saying. 5% is pretty pathetic.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

My first vote was for Ronald Reagan in 1980.

I was vaguely supportive of Gerald Ford in 1976.  I had already developed a sense (probably from my parents, though they started out as Democrats) that Democratic candidates were bad for the country.  And of course, Carter's term as president proved that thinking to be correct.

My mother took me to see President Nixon when he was campaigning in 1972, but I had no particular interest in that race, or any earlier one.
ThePrezMex
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: 5.25, S: -1.69

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 09:55:17 PM »

I got first interested in American politics in 1984, when I was 10! and I supported Gary Hart.

In Mexico, the candidate I first supported was Miguel de la Madrid in 1982 (I was 8yo!) - my Mom even took me to two campaign events Wink
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 10:15:09 PM »

George H.W. Bush 1992.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies