Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:52:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago  (Read 3915 times)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« on: September 08, 2004, 01:02:14 PM »

Yes.

Fall 2000: economy going into the crapper, staying in school just so I could hang onto my $12/hr student job.

Fall 2004: going on 3 years of non-stop employment, now working as a consultant where there's so much demand, I'm often overworked, taking on multiple simultanous projects.  Almost all of my current clients are in the manufacturing sector, or are service sector businesses that work closely with the manufacturing sector.

(Granted, the manufacturing economy in NE Wisconsin is about as recession-proof as you can get.)
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 01:49:25 PM »

My family isn't better off than it was 4 years ago; at that time, my father was still working as a teacher. Now he's paralyzed and his income was cut in half since he relies on disability pay, and had to take an early retirement thus he's not getting a full pension anymore.

I'm sorry to hear about your father, Nym.  My dad was partially paralyzed in a car accident in 1993.  I know how tough it can be to go through that.  He lost his ability to play music, which was the thing he loved the most.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies