Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:50:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are you better off today than you were 4 years ago  (Read 3914 times)
PrisonerOfHope
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.70, S: -5.50

P
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:03:44 PM »

No.   I was unemployed for two of the last four years (two separate job losses).  One tech job was outsourced.   I had to sell a home and still wound up 100K in debt.   Absolutely no health care for 3 years.   I've recently gone back to work at about 2/3 of prior salary.   Half the people I know have had similar experiences in their family.  Everyone knows somone who's been through hard times.

I'll agree success requires persistance and effort, but those do not guarantee it.   Some people were unlucky and lost their job regardless of the quality of their work and effort.  With no new hiring they were locked out.

Bush didn't cause the recession, but I and a lot of other people think he could have done a lot more than promise that when the taxs cuts for the wealthy are completely phased in over the next ten years that things would improve.

He's certainly no Roosevelt.   Whatever your economic philosophy, you have to be prepared to put it aside to get results.   Bush did nothing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies