An Inside View from the RNC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:27:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  An Inside View from the RNC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Inside View from the RNC  (Read 5361 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 03, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »

I only the walls had ears.  Smiley  Sounds like you had a great evening.  As far as the teleprompter shot, both CNN and FOX had that angle (over his left shoulder).  I'm not sure if that was actually one of the convention cameras and they were just pulling in feed from it.  Glad to hear you weren't around any of the confrontations with the protesters!
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 10:24:56 PM »

I arrived early at the Xcel to get a better feel of the views and press areas. One interesting person I saw was Ron Paul being interviewed on camera.

On the floor there is some chatter about whether Rep Paul will come onto the floor and what reaction will take place. some think that there may be some antics from the delegates and alternates here to support him.

He is a strange little man, but McCain would do well to pull him in and make him a part of the campaign somehow.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:57:37 AM »

Thank you for visiting our state.  Now go away.  Smiley

Not directed at you personally, I'm just really looking forward to this convention being over, and life in the Cities returning to normal.

Not quite so fast. I do have family and friends in the area and I have at least one visit planned for tomorrow. Smiley

hahaha . . . enjoy your weekend and get home safely!  Thanks for all the updates.  It gave a good sense of what it would be like at a convention.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies