Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:15:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13587 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:10 PM »

Eh, I'd want to hear Palin answer these questions before taking an opinion. There are a lot of loose ends that the diary doesn't cover. I also think Democrats should be very careful to accuse her of something like this, considering how we've been complaining about the Obama smears for more than a year now.

Oh, and LOL at the DailyKos bashing
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:42 PM »

Again, I can only hope the Dems take this theory public and accuse Mrs. American Pie

Careful, Jm.  You don't want to call her that.  Band camp, and all.  ;-)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2008, 06:10:19 PM »

jsj

I don't get it
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2008, 06:10:54 PM »

It's from a ridiculously overrated American teen movie.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »

Even if this is all true (which is unlikely for reasons touched on here) this is not a road the Democrats should even think of taking. Abandon all thoughts of playing this game, it's the way to disaster and utter ruin.

Btw, I think it's reasonable to assume that if Palin were the Democratic candidate for VP, DailyKos and so on would be spitting feathers about this. A nice way of working out whether you're going too far, is to imagine what your reaction would be if parties and so on were reversed.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »

Btw, I think it's reasonable to assume that if Palin were the Democratic candidate for VP, DailyKos and so on would be spitting feathers about this. A nice way of working out whether you're going too far, is to imagine what your reaction would be if parties and so on were reversed.

You know that requires too much rational thought for most posters at that site, dontcha?
ucscgaldamez

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »

I think that if she is in fact the mother, this could be easily refutable. The Dems should be careful with this. I don't think anyone should be accusing her without having more evidence than just pictures, odd details, and assumptions. However, if the DNC is able to verify that this is in fact true, then they should go after her, not the Obama campaign. I don't believe that she'll be this stupid to take the VP position and hoping that no one would find out. But again, some politicians are so stupid to do things and later get caught...eg. Edwards, Foley, etc.

If this is true, her credibility would just go down the drain. Compassion for a liar? Ok. I'll leave that to the Republicans and their talking points.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2008, 06:25:35 PM »

If this is true, her credibility would just go down the drain. Compassion for a liar? Ok. I'll leave that to the Republicans and their talking points.

Yeah, you're right. It's a good thing that America didn't have compassion for Bill Clinton after all of his lying over the years.

Roll Eyes
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2008, 06:28:20 PM »

Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2008, 06:32:46 PM »

It is almost beyond comprehension that people here are promoting this smear.

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

Could you site evidence for this? I have never seen kos post this, and the few conspiracy diaries are panned pretty quickly by commentators. I am not a fan of Dailykos, but i will admit that some of the stuff they dig up(emphasis on some) is good, and the general tenor minus a few crazies and an unjustified hatred of Democrats who actually try to represent their districts, is center-left. Definitely much better than Redstate or its equivalents on the right.

That said, this a stupid attack, because even if it is true, it reflects well on Sarah Palin that she would be willing to do this for her daughter, rather than simply drive her daughter for an abortion, which many parents would do. It will strengthen her pro-life credentials as well as hers as parent.
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2008, 06:39:25 PM »

Pushing this story is a real winner for Democrats.  By all means, keep posting this story.  It will be a real winner with soccer moms.  They will gravitate to the Democratic Party in droves.

LOL

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2008, 06:49:09 PM »

if it is true, it reflects well on Sarah Palin that she would be willing to do this for her daughter, rather than simply drive her daughter for an abortion, which many parents would do. It will strengthen her pro-life credentials as well as hers as parent.

let me formulate your theory for you:

living a lie = pro-life

dude, I've been in a pretty good mood on this forum lately, so please don't post anything this illogical  again

Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2008, 06:51:22 PM »

My brother, who is completely non-political and basically lets me fill out his ballot for him, just got forwarded the Palin story by a friend of his.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2008, 06:53:30 PM »

if it is true, it reflects well on Sarah Palin that she would be willing to do this for her daughter, rather than simply drive her daughter for an abortion, which many parents would do. It will strengthen her pro-life credentials as well as hers as parent.

let me formulate your theory for you:

living a lie = pro-life

dude, I've been in a pretty good mood on this forum lately, so please don't post anything this illogical  again

How many politicians for parents generally including "Pro-Life" ones do you think would simply drive a pregnant daughter to a clinic and forget about it?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

this story?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »

As a fourth child myself, I can easily believe that Palin thought she had plenty of time to get back to the hospital where her obstetrician was.  Why?  As I have often been told, numbers 1 to 3 took their time to come out, so when mom started to have contractions for me, she waited until they started coming at regular intervals before bothering dad.  Even then, dad waited until the latest episode of The Avengers finished to take her to the hospital.  He then went home to take care of my older siblings and get some rest, as he fully expected that it wouldn't be until morning before I came along.  Once he got home, he ended up having to return to the hospital almost immediately tho.

As for some of that post's other points, I though it was supposed to be right-wing Neanderthals who had the misconception that pregnant women are such frail and delicate things that they mustn't be allowed to do anything even hinting at normal exertion.

So no, that post on DK doesn't prove anything to me except that its author is a misogynist jerk.

Even if the story be true, I can't see it harming Palin much except with those who think that underage pregnancies should be celebrated as harmless events rather than be an occasion for regret, and those people won't be voting Republican anyway.

The ONLY way this story should have an effect on this election would be if Todd be not only Trig's grandfather, but also his father.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2008, 07:49:58 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2008, 01:20:15 AM by WilliamWallace »

Even the Kos-Kiddies are refuting the diary.

BTW: The risk of Down Syndrome INCREASES with age, not the other way around.

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2008, 08:04:59 PM »

Even the Kos-Kiddies are refuting the diary. You people are laughably desperate.

BTW: The risk of Down Syndrome INCREASES with age, not the other way around.

But it's a tendency; 75% of down syndrome babies are born to women under 35. The graph, like the KOS story, proves nothing.

As for Ernest's anecdote, my experience was the opposite. Our second child came a lot faster than the first, and that tends to be true: with each pregnancy, the delivery is faster and easier. That she would go into labor with a known special needs child and get on a long plane trip, I find a lapse in judgement.

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »

I also read on DailyKos that 9/11 was an inside job.  They had lots and lots of "proof."

Could you site evidence for this? I have never seen kos post this, and the few conspiracy diaries are panned pretty quickly by commentators.

http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/DailyKos_FAQ#Controversial_Diary_Topics
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2008, 08:26:08 PM »

Could you site evidence for this? I have never seen kos post this, and the few conspiracy diaries are panned pretty quickly by commentators.

http://www.dkosopedia.com/wiki/DailyKos_FAQ#Controversial_Diary_Topics

And Kos banned them.  I think it speaks well of him vis-a-vis, say, Freerepublic.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2008, 08:27:55 PM »

This is definitely a formula for winning the hearts and minds of the American people.

absolutely.

democrats have gotten pretty good at misogyny under team obama.

let's run a 16 year old girls name through the mud!

reason 5,697,823 why im not a democrat.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2008, 08:28:47 PM »

And Kos banned them.  I think it speaks well of him vis-a-vis, say, Freerepublic.

Yeah, it eventually got bad enough that he had to.  They were all to often "featured."
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2008, 08:30:20 PM »

As for Ernest's anecdote, my experience was the opposite. Our second child came a lot faster than the first, and that tends to be true: with each pregnancy, the delivery is faster and easier. That she would go into labor with a known special needs child and get on a long plane trip, I find a lapse in judgement.

My anecdote agrees with the tendency for later pregnancies to be quicker.  It just was that in my case it wasn't until #4 there was a speed up.

As for "special needs", I'm not aware of anything that indicates that in the absence of physical defects detectable via ultrasound that Down syndrome creates any problems for childbirth.  It's not as if she was all alone at any point in her journey.  The worst that would have been likely to happen was that if she had suddenly developed major contractions, the other passengers would have been inconvenienced by a unplanned stop. in Seattle or Prince George.

Was it a risk? Yes.  Was it a serious risk? No.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2008, 08:33:28 PM »

it is disgusting that 'progressives' have stooped to this level...

but if a pregnancy was being hid, why in god's name would the daughter have been in those photos?  duh?  i doubt seriously she would have been posing for any photos.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2008, 08:40:14 PM »

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_after_your_water_breaks_does_labor_start

How long after your water breaks does labor start?

Answer

Your water can break at any time, it does not mean your labour has started.

If your water goes very early, before the baby is able to survive outside the uterus you will have to be very carefully monitored to ensure you do not get an infection. the tear in the bag may heal itself but if it does not you will probably be delivered as soon as the baby is mature enough. You will probably be given antibiotics while you are waiting.

Very occasionally the waters do not break until after the baby is born and the baby is born in the bag. This is called a 'caul' and is supposed to be lucky. the superstition says the baby will not die from drowning. Sailors used to buy the membranes as they believed the protection could be passed on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies