Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:37:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13578 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2008, 01:12:34 AM »

This thread is still alive?

And I see that J.J. is trying to benefit from faux outrage.

What outrage?  My understanding is that Daily Kos pulled the story and banned the poster.  If that is correct, they did the right thing and was going to applaud them (for a change).
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2008, 01:13:03 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2008, 03:52:05 AM by jmfcst »

I'm not trying to argue to you that this girl was pregnant. I just don't understand how Sarah could have been based on all of the visual evidence. I've never seen a woman that far along without even a hint of showing.

dude, that's because Sarah Palin is a freak of nature.  

And there are EXTREMELY few woman who look as good as Palin before she even started having children.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin after having one child.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin after having two children.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin after having three children.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin after having four children.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin after having five children.

And there are EXTREMELY few women who look as good as Palin at 44.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »

I am sure the 16 year old Bristol is going to be overjoyed that a bunch of people on the web think she looks fat enough to be pregnant.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2008, 01:23:51 AM »

I can't believe we're still seriously discussing this lame a conspiracy theory about somebody's kids.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2008, 01:28:59 AM »

Let me just say that teenage moms don't have downie babies but women in their 40s certainly do. Especially if they have already had 4 kids like Sarah Palin. So I think this story is BS and hopefully the Obama camp doesn't go near it.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #105 on: August 31, 2008, 01:29:45 AM »

The Democrats must scared to death to put out this crap.  
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #106 on: August 31, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #107 on: August 31, 2008, 02:30:08 AM »

To me it looks like Palin's 16-year old daughter was too often at McDonald's but not pregnant ... Tongue
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #108 on: August 31, 2008, 03:52:38 AM »
« Edited: August 31, 2008, 03:55:50 AM by Lunar »

Um, to me, if this rumor were true, it speaks better about Palin and her family values.  I would respect her more if this rumor were true, which I doubt it is.

I stopped reading at about the third page in this thread, but seriously, c'mon.  Palin's favorite food is moose stew, why not go for that instead of tabloid rumors?  It'd be a lot more hilarious and effective.
politicaltipster
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #109 on: August 31, 2008, 06:06:21 AM »

I think this is smear. However, if we take her at her word, she put herself and her child at risk by taking an eleven hour flight after her waters had broken and contractions had started. This makes her a utter hypocrite on abortion.

Edwards deserved to be blasted for his adultery and Obama got off lightly vis as vis Wrightgate. However, you cannot suddenly do a 180-degree turn and claim that her private life is her business. FWIW, I still think that McCain is the better candidate but picking a supporter of Pat Buchanan, someone deeply inexperienced and someone who has integrity and honesty issues was utterly reckless.
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2008, 06:08:11 AM »

LOL
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2008, 06:40:13 AM »

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/8/30/121350/137/486/580223

The gist of it is that Palin's last pregnancy was really just a cover-up for her 16-year-old daughter's accidental pregnancy, and Trig Palin is her grandson, not her son. I know it's a DailyKos article, but it's (as far as I can see) pretty well researched and convincing.
Lol, I'm not going to believe that.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:03 AM »

Darn, that was before I checked the link.

Re Tender: While one pic is too little to go by, that definitely looks a lot more like "pregnant" than like "too many visits to McDonald's".

Meh. if true, while hilarious, and sort of telling about these people's exact values, it`s certainly not horrible. So Palin's a grandmom. Shrug.
Justin
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:17 AM »

Small problem guys. The girl in question could not have been pregnant during Palin's pregnancy. Why? The picture was taken in 2006.

http://www.adn.com/photos/v-gallery/story/509850.html?/1521/gallery/509852-a509987-t3.html
Saxwsylvania
Van Der Blub

« Reply #114 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:10 AM »

OK, they say that Sarah Palin doesn't look pregnant.  But, if their whole timeline is correct, Bristol would be 7 months pregnant at the time of that picture, andshe doesn't look 7 months pregnant (honestly, shoe looks normal, just a little bit of a belly, like a LOT of teenage girls.

Neither of them looks pregnant to me.

Like I said, Bristol looks like a normal 16 year-old w/ a little baby fat.

lol
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: August 31, 2008, 07:45:46 AM »

OK, they say that Sarah Palin doesn't look pregnant.  But, if their whole timeline is correct, Bristol would be 7 months pregnant at the time of that picture, andshe doesn't look 7 months pregnant (honestly, shoe looks normal, just a little bit of a belly, like a LOT of teenage girls.

I'm old enough to have seen many pregnant young women in sweaters, and I have some years perspective on the HS crowd. However I now have a daughter in HS, and so I also have the current opportunity to see many of her friends. FWIW Bristol looks pretty normal there and not pregnant.
Justin
United States

« Reply #116 on: August 31, 2008, 07:47:13 AM »

I'm old enough to have seen many pregnant young women in sweaters, and I have some years perspective on the HS crowd. However I now have a daughter in HS, and so I also have the current opportunity to see many of her friends. FWIW Bristol looks pretty normal there and not pregnant.

Dude, there should be no bother with the photo itself. It's from 2006.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #117 on: August 31, 2008, 08:29:36 AM »

Dude, there should be no bother with the photo itself. It's from 2006.
Good.

I consider this one settled then. Smiley

(Btw: Justin? Wow. Blast from the past. Welcome back.)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #118 on: August 31, 2008, 09:10:37 AM »

Darn, that was before I checked the link.

Re Tender: While one pic is too little to go by, that definitely looks a lot more like "pregnant" than like "too many visits to McDonald's".

Meh. if true, while hilarious, and sort of telling about these people's exact values, it`s certainly not horrible. So Palin's a grandmom. Shrug.

As I have already said.  Compared to another picture, her breasts aren't large enough for her to be pregnant.  We see no change in breast size, something that would've happened had Bristol have been pregnant.  We can't tell in Sarah, because we don't have any pictures that would reveal that.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2008, 09:11:19 AM »

Like I said, Bristol looks like a normal 16 year-old w/ a little baby fat.

lol

That was not intended.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2008, 09:12:01 AM »

No outrage on screen 9 yet. Come on guys, step it up. Smiley
agcatter
YaBB God

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2008, 09:33:00 AM »

According to reports, Palin has been breastfeeding and using her breast pump on the campaign bus.  I thought that would put an end to the conspiracy stuff.  However, my wife tells me that with the right medication, milk can be induced for breast feeding in women who have not had a baby.  Rather than just bottle feed her grandson, Palin has taken the step of taking medication to induce breast milk.  It is a step that helps make her story seem more convincing.

That Sarah Palin is really clever.

Also, isn't it a convenient coincidence that Palin just happened to NOT be in the Twin Towers on 9-11. 

Hmmm.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2008, 11:09:57 AM »

The funniest part is the pictures that supposedly show she is not pregnant.  They all have her wearing a winter jacket or something else that wouldn't show pregnancy
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »

As others have noted there really doesn't seem to be anything to substantiate this story except for a few photos and her daughter's illness which really doesn't tell us anything.

I think the more serious question that some might ask, is why Sarah chose to get on an 8+ hour airline ride instead of going to a hospital in Texas immediately considering the circumstances. I am glad that the pregnancy went well, but there were serious risks involved in making that decision that could have turned out quite badly.

I am assuming that this came up in the conversation with her doctor before she got on the plane, and that she made that decision based on good medical advice based on her individual circumstances...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »

I don't think this would have gotten through VP vetting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies