Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Interesting DailyKos article about Palin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Interesting DailyKos article about Palin  (Read 13586 times)
NDN
Uganda

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2008, 02:51:04 PM »

DailyKossack fails again.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »

YIKES.  Of all the "issues", this is still alive?  I don't get it.  Worst case -- she lied to protect her daughter and grandchild (which I think is commendable).  But I see no proof that she did.  Nary a shred.  

I really can't tell what's more tortured -- the Democratic straining and gnashing of teeth to pop this silly turd out...or the Republican gesticulation and hand-wringing over how evil Democrats are.  But on this one, I gotta go with the R's.  It's pretty low to make an issue over this, especially when it's almost certainly untrue.

One note to Jmcfst -- the "American Pie" remark was a reference to a really naughty movie intended for adults but seized on by a lot of young people.  It was uproariously funny.  But no one under 18 had any business seeing it.  One of the virginal boys in the film was told that intercourse felt like warm apple pie.  So...he developed a severe "attachment" to pastry.  As to band camp, well, that comment can't be reprinted here.  No worries -- you didn't miss much.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »

J,

I came in here, denounced the story, and left. Republicans and independents are keeping it alive by treating it as a serious issue as well. These things stay alive because they are juicy and dramatic.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2008, 03:04:55 PM »

10 pages on something so irrelevent.

This is not a major issue for neither side. It'll have zero effect. It's the left wing equivalent of the "Obama is a Muslim" nonsense, no one who would vote otherwise believes it anyway, so who cares? Republicans seem to think Obama is making campaign ads of this or something.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2008, 03:06:05 PM »

I really love how the pro-choice "let a woman make decisions about her own body" males on the forum here are criticizing how Palin handled her fifth pregnancy.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »

I really love how the pro-choice "let a woman make decisions about her own body" males on the forum here are criticizing how Palin handled her fifth pregnancy.

Numerous pro-choice males here have denounced the story as irrelevant, Mr. Moderate.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2008, 03:07:47 PM »

J,

I came in here, denounced the story, and left. Republicans and independents are keeping it alive by treating it as a serious issue as well. These things stay alive because they are juicy and dramatic.

Hell, I know Beet.  I know who the "usual suspects" are in all three (R, I and D) camps...and you have NEVER been one of 'em!  <grin>

Now change that avatar back to red or be forced off the collective farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2008, 03:08:58 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2008, 03:59:38 PM by TCash101 »

Numerous pro-choice males here have denounced the story as irrelevant, Mr. Moderate.

Oh wow, that was Moderate. It seemed so like mitty. Moderate, if we suggest what she did (take an eight hour flight while in Labor) should be against the law, then you've got a point.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »

Including the one who posted right before this post.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »

You people need help.  Even if this is true, and I highly doubt it, who cares?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2008, 04:14:41 PM »

Is ANYONE here taking this story seriously? The only thing I see is ten pages universally against the article's validity while people talk about how outraged they are that some of us are "taking it seriously."
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2008, 04:38:05 PM »
« Edited: September 01, 2008, 01:34:38 AM by Click here for NUDE pictures of Sarah PALIN »

If true, it would turn Palin and her entire family into liars and probably also hypocrites. Plus, Palin would soon become the second VP nominee after Thomas Eagleton who drops out of a race.

But it isn't true with almost 100% certainty... in fact, this story most likely belongs into the same category as the many "Obama attended a madrassa/was sworn in on the Quran/is an anti-Semite" rumours.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »

If true, it would turn Palin and her entire family into liars and probably also hypocrites. Plus, Palin would soon become the second VP nominee after Thomas Eagleton who drops out of the race.

But it isn't true with almost 100% certainty... in fact, this story most likely belongs into the same category as the many "Obama attended a madrassa/was sworn in on the Quran/is an anti-Semite" rumours.

Yes.

And even if it were true -- all it would mean is that they put family first.  They were protecting a teenager and a tiny baby from what they worried would be shame and criticism.  I would cheer them on for that.

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 31, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »

If true, it would turn Palin and her entire family into liars and probably also hypocrites. Plus, Palin would soon become the second VP nominee after Thomas Eagleton who drops out of the race.

But if you will remember correctly, a few of us on the other side did criticize that one.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2008, 05:36:53 PM »

But if you will remember correctly, a few of us on the other side did criticize that one.

Absolutely.  There are LOTS of Reublicans and Independents with class. 

Just not GM.  He smells of elderberries.    ::: runs :::
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #140 on: August 31, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »

Republicans are wonderful. I post a story that I found interesting, most of the Democrats come on here and refute it, a couple people point out the inaccuracies, and then the Republicans on the forum go on for 9 more pages about how horrible the Democrats are for making this an issue, evidently believing that the DNC and Obama campaign wrote the article, are furiously churning out ads and mailers about it, and talking about it on the news shows. lol.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #141 on: August 31, 2008, 08:47:44 PM »

Well, Wonkette's commented on it. Sh*t just went viral.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #142 on: August 31, 2008, 09:06:10 PM »

I have lost all respect for Daily Kos. That site jumped the shark on May 23, 2008. It is now a grotesque updated version of the Free Republic, only more frightening because it approaches politics from the side I find myself in more agreement with.

What exactly happened on that date?

And a summary of this thread:

-Democrats calling the story stupid and not believing it.
-Republicans accusing the Democrats of being disgusting for trying push this in response.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: August 31, 2008, 10:04:15 PM »

Andrew Sullivan has also picked up on it. He's got rather extensive coverage.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #144 on: August 31, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »

Palin during an earlier pregnancy:

I don't believe the story, there isn't sufficient evidence, it's nearly absurd, all the other necessary disclaimers, etc.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2008, 10:31:15 PM »

Andrew Sullivan has also picked up on it. He's got rather extensive coverage.

Hmmm...  Another woman-hater.  Something him and Daily Kos share in common, though I have to believe at least some members of that site don't have aids and aren't trolling the Internet looking for anonymous gay sex.  I wish I could be so sure about this site.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2008, 10:31:31 PM »

Drudge has it
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2008, 10:34:08 PM »

Hmmm...  Another woman-hater.  Something him and Daily Kos share in common, though I have to believe at least some members of that site don't have aids and aren't trolling the Internet looking for anonymous gay sex.  I wish I could be so sure about this site.

LOL. Sam, what I admire about you is your high standards and sophistication in the way you assert your authority. This falls far short of what you're capable of.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: August 31, 2008, 10:34:41 PM »

One of the photos with the Bristol Bump was published in the ADN in 2006
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #149 on: August 31, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »

LOL. Sam, what I admire about you is your high standards and sophistication in the way you assert your authority. This falls far short of what you're capable of.

Damn, and I wanted your approval so much! 

Well anyway, I guess you could remind who exactly is promoting this story again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies