Which city is more liberal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:23:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which city is more liberal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Which city is more liberal?
Seattle

Albert Lea, MN

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Which city is more liberal?  (Read 2591 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 04:58:14 AM »

Bush's showing:

Albert Lea: 40.9%
Seattle: 17.9%

Of course, I'm sure that's negated by something like strip clubs, or alcohol laws, or something which most people consider non-political.  One day, BRTD will realize that Minneapolis is just like a colder, smaller, more Republican, worse Seattle, and Minnesota as a whole, the same to Washington.  Tongue

Where did you get those numbers from?

The Minnesota numbers come with an Atlas subscription.

It also has Washington precinct data.  You could theoretically add up all of the "Seattle xx" precincts in Excel, using the search feature.  I have a Washington precinct spreadsheet on my computer that adds up the municipalities automatically, though.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2008, 08:25:03 AM »

Elitist?  nah.

We're not better than anyone... except Iowans. 

I just like to point out when people are trying to talk about how "progressive" their states are because of how anti-Bush they are, that there are other measures which matter more than perceived liberalness... like life expectancy, education, income, and general happiness.

CultureKing
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »

Elitist?  nah.

We're not better than anyone... except Iowans. 

I just like to point out when people are trying to talk about how "progressive" their states are because of how anti-Bush they are, that there are other measures which matter more than perceived liberalness... like life expectancy, education, income, and general happiness.

Ah but remember that eastern washington is a clone of Idaho. If you just looked at the west side of the state we would own everyone. But we will do our part and take the extra electoral votes that come from the eastern side of the state and hand them to a democrat year after year.
Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2008, 06:11:16 PM »

You can't just say "well, just cut off hte conservative part of the state and we're very liberal"

If you can do that, then Minnesota is actually shaped like a donut and that middle part where those crazy German Catholics live with their funny last names and inbred relatives... well, they don't count.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 07:38:30 PM »

This whole thread proves how great the Bay Area is.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 07:50:37 PM »

Smarter eh?  What's this from?  Education rates?  Wink  Ooh, I hope we're not that elitist in Minnesota...

You are talking about a state where, "All the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average."
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

You can't just say "well, just cut off hte conservative part of the state and we're very liberal"

If you can do that, then Minnesota is actually shaped like a donut and that middle part where those crazy German Catholics live with their funny last names and inbred relatives... well, they don't count.

We'd still win on all of those counts Tongue  A lot of cutting would be required.
CultureKing
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 01:57:28 PM »

I think we actually settled this when the forum voted washington as the best state in the union. Remember? We had a competition and Washington owned y'all. Whoot!
Wink
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 03:46:26 PM »

I think we actually settled this when the forum voted washington as the best state in the union. Remember? We had a competition and Washington owned y'all. Whoot!
Wink

Well, aren't you just special.  Do you want a big blue ribbon? Wink

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies