Which city is more liberal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:50:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which city is more liberal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which city is more liberal?
Seattle

Albert Lea, MN

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: Which city is more liberal?  (Read 2644 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 31, 2008, 05:29:40 PM »

Bush's showing:

Albert Lea: 40.9%
Seattle: 17.9%

Of course, I'm sure that's negated by something like strip clubs, or alcohol laws, or something which most people consider non-political.  One day, BRTD will realize that Minneapolis is just like a colder, smaller, more Republican, worse Seattle, and Minnesota as a whole, the same to Washington.  Tongue
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 03:51:06 AM »

Minneapolis is way cheaper too, which makes up for the cold, hell I'd take that over rain.

And more Republican? You are really splitting at hairs here. The Republican Party is completely meaningless in Minneapolis, they hold absolutely no influence whatsoever and have absolutely no chance of winning any elections no matter how minor. Hell the Green Party has had more electoral success in Minneapolis than the GOP.

Yes, but you run into more Republicans -- especially since your suburbs are Republican and ours aren't.  Wink

And the GOP doesn't exist in Seattle either, haha.  In fact, their state legislative races literally come down to who's gayer (43rd), or who's more angry at The Man/Republicans/Democrats who aren't liberal enough (the other LD's).  In fact, it was a massive, nearly campaign-ending scandal that one city council candidate was a former, repentant Republican.  It was basically the opposition's entire campaign.

As for the rain thing...what can I say?  I like a good windstorm.  The drizzle and the overcast, I could leave.  But it's a lot better than four months where I barely want to leave the house.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 04:58:14 AM »

Bush's showing:

Albert Lea: 40.9%
Seattle: 17.9%

Of course, I'm sure that's negated by something like strip clubs, or alcohol laws, or something which most people consider non-political.  One day, BRTD will realize that Minneapolis is just like a colder, smaller, more Republican, worse Seattle, and Minnesota as a whole, the same to Washington.  Tongue

Where did you get those numbers from?

The Minnesota numbers come with an Atlas subscription.

It also has Washington precinct data.  You could theoretically add up all of the "Seattle xx" precincts in Excel, using the search feature.  I have a Washington precinct spreadsheet on my computer that adds up the municipalities automatically, though.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »

You can't just say "well, just cut off hte conservative part of the state and we're very liberal"

If you can do that, then Minnesota is actually shaped like a donut and that middle part where those crazy German Catholics live with their funny last names and inbred relatives... well, they don't count.

We'd still win on all of those counts Tongue  A lot of cutting would be required.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies