How many can you name... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:34:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many can you name... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many can you name...  (Read 5007 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: August 31, 2008, 08:02:11 PM »

Democrat posters: Harry, BRTD, Xahar, Nym90, NDN, ChrisfromNJ, jfern, Ebowed, Preston, Ian, jsojourner, benconstine, Gabu
Republican posters: Keystone Phil, Naso, Assad, Torie, PIT, jfern, don, INKs, John, waltermitty, JJ
Independent posters: Mr. "Moderate", SamSpade, MODU, Boss Tweed, Alcon
Canadian posters: Gabu, hashemite, EarlAW, The Vorlon, Richius
European posters: afleitch, Bono, JFK, Al, Torie, Jas, Lewis, Peter Bell
Gay posters: afleitch, josh22, Chris, Peter Bell, hugh
Southern (US) posters: Harry, Josh22, Statesrights, his wife, Ian, BrandonH, ijohn57s, SamSpade, don, memphis, tcash, Dibble, AHDuke, Preston, sensei
New England (US posters): Mr. "Moderate", Winfield...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:06:43 PM »

Common knowledge doesn't have to be cited.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 12:54:02 AM »

No I wouldn't expect you to because it IS in the South...I can find lots of cites that back that claim up.  Unless we change the meaning of what "the South" is, Virginia, all of it...even NOVA, is in "the South".  That's the whole farking point of saying "cite"...well, most of the time.  Sometimes it's curiosity I guess.  It's like calling BS politely, but giving the person doing the BSing a chance to prove their BS.

"The South" is cultural, and as thus, cannot be cited. I emphatically believe that NoVA is not Southern.

Northern Virginia is Southern.

No, it has nothing in common culturally with the South, which is Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, northern Florida, northern Louisiana, most of Arkansas, parts of eastern Texas, parts of Tennessee, most of Kentucky, a bit of Missouri, a bit of North Carolina, and parts of southern Virginia.

If you want to justify it geographically, that's as dumb as saying New Mexico and Arizona are part of the South.  or Hawaii...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies