Former Pols Series: Dale Bumpers (D-AR)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:51:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Former Pols Series: Dale Bumpers (D-AR)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Former Pols Series: Dale Bumpers (D-AR)  (Read 855 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »

By now, you know what to do.  This one is about Dale Bumpers...

1.   What, if anything, did you like or dislike about them?  This could be policy, campaign tactics or just personality.

2.    What are they doing now?  If you know.  (If pushing up daisies, just ignore questions two and three.)

3.    Do you see them making a return of any kind to politics, either at the district, state or national level?  Why or why not? (In some cases, this will be obvious because of age, etc.)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »

I absolutely love the man.  A great Democrat, who would've made as great, if not a greater, President than the Arkansan that finally won.  His eloquent defence of President Clinton, and work for children's health, has made him a truly great FF.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 07:42:06 PM »

I absolutely love the man.  A great Democrat, who would've made as great, if not a greater, President than the Arkansan that finally won.  His eloquent defence of President Clinton, and work for children's health, has made him a truly great FF.

I agree.  I wish it had been possible for him to serve alongside J. William Fulbright, whom I greatly admired.  So I've never liked that Bumpers primaried him out.  But still, the guy did a lot of good...both as a Governor and as a Senator.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 07:51:17 PM »

I agree.  I wish it had been possible for him to serve alongside J. William Fulbright, whom I greatly admired.  So I've never liked that Bumpers primaried him out.  But still, the guy did a lot of good...both as a Governor and as a Senator.

Arkansas really produced some great Senators, like Fulbright, McClellan, both Pryors, Bumpers, and Lincoln.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:00:06 PM »

bumpers was a good orator, in a folksy sort of way.  i used to enjoy watching him speak on the senate floor on cspan.

his populism wasnt my kind of thing though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies