Palin's church is anti-semetic
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:50:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin's church is anti-semetic
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin's church is anti-semetic  (Read 2368 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »

Of course the media will decide that this isn't important, while Rev. Wright is incredibly important.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13098.html
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:16 PM »

You should post stories like this in the "official character assassination" thread so we don't completely clutter up the forum with partisan hackery.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 11:02:30 PM »

You should post stories like this in the "official character assassination" thread so we don't completely clutter up the forum with partisan hackery.

Good point, I am not criticizing Obama's church, so I am a total partisan hack.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 11:04:52 PM »

When did I say that?

I think it's pretty partisan to start a thread about every minor detail in Palin's life.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 11:06:12 PM »

When did I say that?

I think it's pretty partisan to start a thread about every minor detail in Palin's life.

You might have a point if Rev. Wright wasn't blasted over every single media source in America.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:08:19 PM »

It is not my bag, at all, but seeking to convert Jews is not the functional equivalent of a Jew hater. The "mission" is to convert everyone, including yours truly (good luck!). That is just for starters.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:09:57 PM »

It is not my bag, at all, but seeking to convert Jews is not the functional equivalent of a Jew hater. That is just for starters.

Jew haters say that god kills jews for being jews.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:13:51 PM »

So what Palin's church is a little crazy. Doesn't make her anything. I am sure it is just normal jesus worshiping most days with a side of crazy thrown in on special days. Kinda like Obama's church.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:16:51 PM »

It is not my bag, at all, but seeking to convert Jews is not the functional equivalent of a Jew hater. That is just for starters.

OK, I take your point. The guy is a nutter. I withdraw my comment. Why hasn't God offed me yet? 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »

So what Palin's church is a little crazy. Doesn't make her anything. I am sure it is just normal jesus worshiping most days with a side of crazy thrown in on special days. Kinda like Obama's church.

And her pastor is not a campaign adviser.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:01 PM »

OK, that's not anti-semetic.  She has an Israeli flag in her office.

That being said, if I were here, I might look for a new church.

But yeah, you're being a partisan hack.  This is nowhere near Rev. Wright.  Her pastor isn't saying stuff like, "God damn America" or making statements that the government invented HIV to exterminate blacks.  He's a nut, this guy's just a little extreme.  There's a difference, and even members of your party are calling you a hack.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 11:24:43 PM »

OK, I take your point. The guy is a nutter. I withdraw my comment. Why hasn't God offed me yet?

Only the good diiiieeee young.
specific_name
generic_name
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:36:51 PM »

But then what else would go in this forum?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 11:58:36 PM »

Treasonous.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 12:02:00 AM »

I skimmed the article and didn't find anything antisemitic.  Can someone enlighten me as to what the problem is supposed to be?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 12:15:41 AM »

You people sicken me.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 12:20:17 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2008, 12:26:41 AM by Torie »

I skimmed the article and didn't find anything antisemitic.  Can someone enlighten me as to what the problem is supposed to be?

Skim again. The penalty for unbelief is death when God gets annoyed enough about the wiful refusal to believe. I guess Jews get a lot of attention, because Jesus was a Jew, and they should "know' better.

Jmscft, have you no sensitivity as to how toxic these kinds of comments are; no sense of the other - the other to you?  Such folks need to marginalized as kooks in any civilized society. I wish this SOB would come after atheists. I would know what to do with this turd on the carpet.  Such bigots  need to be shamed, and then shamed some more. Christians may forgive such evil, but I am not Christian.

jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 12:34:05 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2008, 12:35:48 AM by jmfcst »

Skim again. The penalty for unbelief is death when God gets annoyed enough about the wiful refusal to believe. I guess Jews get a lot of attention, because Jesus was a Jew, and they should "know' better.

I don't know the context of what was said, but...any novice reader of the bible can glean that Jesus and Apostles were Jews, yet they attempted to convince (convert) Jews into believing Jesus was the Messiah because they felt it necessary for salvation.  You have to belong to a pretty politically correct sect of Christianity (and there are a lot of them) to be delusional enough to believe otherwise.

I can cite dozens of verses in the New Testament that state belief in Jesus is required for anyone's salvation, but I have yet to find a single verse providing an exemption to belief in Jesus.

---

I totally disagree with this.  Aside from being unbiblical, it seems like a Pat Robertson type of gaffe.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »
« Edited: September 03, 2008, 12:43:37 AM by Torie »

Feeling that one "knows" what are the keys to heaven is quite deadening to the spirit  really. What enlivens it is the wonderment of knowing that one cannot know. Having a sense of a too clear road map to wherever, is deadening to a child like wonderment, an open mind, an inquisitive  and curious  mind, and without that sense, one loses a lot as person. And out of a sense of "knowing" too much, one can effect great evil.  JMO.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »

But then what else would go in this forum?

Enlightened commentary and jfldem's skin pics.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 12:52:09 AM »

Feeling that one "knows" what are the keys to heaven is quite deadening to the spirit  really. What enlivens it is the wonderment of knowing that one cannot know. Having a sense of a too clear road map to wherever, is deadening to a child like wonderment, an open mind, an inquisitive  and curious  mind, and without that sense, one loses a lot as person. And out of a sense of "knowing" too much, one can effect great evil.  JMO.

then I guess you believe Jesus Christ and all this Apostles were totally deceived.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 12:58:10 AM »

then I guess you believe Jesus Christ and all this Apostles were totally deceived.

As written about yes. The chronicles of Christ are a mixed bag. But that is not the point. The point is that assuming one knows the ultimate meaning of the metaphysical meaning of any text, with certainty. That leads to hubris. Doubt is what keeps us humble.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 01:01:03 AM »

[As written about yes. The chronicles of Christ are a mixed bag. But that is not the point. The point is that assuming one knows the ultimate meaning of the metaphysical meaning of any text, with certainty. That leads to hubris. Doubt is what keeps us humble.

well, gee, when a single point is explained from fifty different angles, I tend to accept the "hint"
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2008, 01:15:00 AM »

I apologize for coming down so hard on you sir.  That particular quote is Farrakhan-esque (Farrakhan being even more demonized than Wright).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies