Biblical Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:33:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  Biblical Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biblical Discussion Thread  (Read 1250 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2008, 10:03:49 PM »

This thread is for any discussion of biblical topics that you guys can think of.  Hopefully it can generate enough interest to get stickied.

I'll start off: how many people think that the author of Jeremiah also wrote Lamentations?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:13:30 PM »

This thread is for any discussion of biblical topics that you guys can think of.  Hopefully it can generate enough interest to get stickied.

I'll start off: how many people think that the author of Jeremiah also wrote Lamentations?

I'm reasonably sure of it.  It could be a leap, but the style, the syntax and so forth seem similar.  And "lamenting" seemed to be Jeremiah's bailiwick.  I would love to hear what a Rabbi has to say about it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:03:13 PM »

I'm reasonably sure of it.  It could be a leap, but the style, the syntax and so forth seem similar.  And "lamenting" seemed to be Jeremiah's bailiwick.  I would love to hear what a Rabbi has to say about it.

Of course, I've heard that parts of Jeremiah weren't written by him, but by his scribe Baruch; perhaps Lamentations was written by Baruch?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies