Log Cabin Republicans Vote to Withhold Endorsement from President Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:40:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Log Cabin Republicans Vote to Withhold Endorsement from President Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Log Cabin Republicans Vote to Withhold Endorsement from President Bush  (Read 9577 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2004, 01:31:06 AM »

The explosion we've seen in the number of homosexual people worldwide in the last couple hundred years is God's attempt to restore some equilibrium to the planet by controlling the population to a level at which all human life can be sustained.

So says the God of the back of your cereal box.  

Word of advice: stick to the Vulcan Decoder Ring prizes, they are more useful.
Larry

« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2004, 01:39:28 AM »

As if the God of the back of my cereal box is any different from the God of the back of yours?

And honestly, you think people are actually going to take you and your views seriously with comments such as the above?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2004, 01:45:06 AM »

As if the God of the back of my cereal box is any different from the God of the back of yours?

And honestly, you think people are actually going to take you and your views seriously with comments such as the above?

Well, considering my God has a six thousand year record of the exact same testimony reported by dozens of different prophets, compared with your cereal box God who only has your imagination as a testimony...

...YES, I do think I will be taken seriously.

And (I am going out on a limb here - NOT) I would venture to guess that is the reason why my God has the best selling book in the world and your God has sold ZERO!
Larry

« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2004, 02:04:14 AM »

Well, considering my God has a six thousand year record of the exact same testimony reported by dozens of different prophets ...

Funny, then, that the human race is in utter lack of agreement here. Your chosen subset of "prophets" may have testified to one thing, but there exist far more testimonies from far more prophets than you choose to accept.

This is even true within Christianity, as (a) the Council of Nicaea, held in the 4th century A.D., chose to leave at least one additional Gospel (that of James) out of the Bible, and (b) there isn't even universal agreement on whether the Bible contains 66 books or 73, as some religious denominations do not recognize seven books in the Old Testament.

And really, when you get into the "my God has larger genitalia than your God" sort of argument, as you have done here, you make yourself look very petty and sad -- and thereby reduce the likelihood you will be taken seriously. Your God is disappointed in you ...
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2004, 02:12:24 AM »

And really, when you get into the "my God has larger genitalia than your God" sort of argument, as you have done here, you make yourself look very petty and sad -- and thereby reduce the likelihood you will be taken seriously. Your God is disappointed in you ...

You think my God is disappointed in me for boasting about him?  Have you not read, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord"  (Jer 9:24; 1Cor 1:31; 2Cor 10:17)?

As for your prophet subset statement - my "subset" of prophets has sold more books than any other "set" of prophets.

Larry

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2004, 03:06:18 PM »

You think my God is disappointed in me for boasting about him?  Have you not read, "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord"  (Jer 9:24; 1Cor 1:31; 2Cor 10:17)?

As for your prophet subset statement - my "subset" of prophets has sold more books than any other "set" of prophets.

Have you not read:

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace; but with the humble is wisdom" (Proverbs 11:2)?

"God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6)?

"Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward" (Matthew 6:1-2, 5)?

Your subset of prophets hasn't sold any more copies of its book than Mohammed and his gang have sold of the Koran, or than Buddha and Confucius have sold of any of their sayings/writings, etc., etc..
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2004, 03:27:11 PM »
« Edited: September 14, 2004, 03:14:26 AM by jmfcst »

Have you not read:

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace; but with the humble is wisdom" (Proverbs 11:2)?

(rolls eyes...) That is talking about being proud of yourself, not boasting about God.

---

"Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward" (Matthew 6:1-2, 5)?

Are you aware that you are stupid?

I have not made the giving of alms known to any member of this forum , nor have I said any prayer on this forum.

---

Your subset of prophets hasn't sold any more copies of its book than Mohammed and his gang have sold of the Koran, or than Buddha and Confucius have sold of any of their sayings/writings, etc., etc..

3 words - You are wrong.
Larry

« Reply #132 on: September 12, 2004, 08:19:43 PM »

Have you not read:

(rolls eyes...) That is talking about being proud of yourself, not boasting about God.

Yeah, but you're the one who acts so proud of yourself for "following" your God ...

---

Are you aware that you are stupid?

I have not made the giving of alms known to any member of this forum , nor have I said any prayer on this forum.

Again, you make a big deal of your religious beliefs all over this forum, specifically the ones that you think relate to homosexuality. *IF* God is really as against homosexuality as you say (and that's a HUGE if, as the whole argument is rather easily disproven), you still ought to be keeping this belief to yourself. This is the meaning of Matthew 6:1-6.

---

3 words - Your are wrong.

Two words - Prove it.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2004, 10:46:10 AM »

Eh, Larry, that the Bible is the world's most sold book is common knowledge. It also isn't so strange considering the fact that Christianity is much larger than any other religion in the world.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2004, 11:19:55 AM »

Eh, Larry, that the Bible is the world's most sold book is common knowledge. It also isn't so strange considering the fact that Christianity is much larger than any other religion in the world.

It's also the book most often stolen from libraries. Cheesy

Stealing a book that tells you not to steal, what's the world coming to, lol.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2004, 01:56:50 PM »

The I used the word “emptiness” in the context of being “barren”, not in the context of self-gratification.

Okay... I fail to see how his relationship is "barren", then.

No, but procreation if the ONLY way to sustain a species.  And since homosexuality does not lead to procreation, it is contrary to the survival of the human race.

Does everyone on earth need to procreate for the human race to survive?  No.  Lots of heterosexuals probably never have kids, and nobody sees anything wrong with that.

There are many diseases, other than STD’s, that are spread through homosexual sex.  That is why it is unhealthy to swim in an open sewer.

I don't know what to tell you other than that my friend is perfectly fine.

You friend is lying if he tells you is conscience doesn’t bother him.  

But, then again, it is possible for a person to have a completely seared conscience.  And that is not a religious opinion, since we see such people every day in the news.  We see cases of drug addicts that have completely convinced themselves that they are “normal” and healthy.  In such cases, the person has become a fool and there is no use arguing with them.

Yet they still claim to be "happy"!

Isn't it a bit bold to claim that you know more than me about someone I personally know?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies