Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:41:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rasmussen: Palin more popular than Obama; McCain  (Read 2508 times)
Politico
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 06:14:43 PM »
« edited: September 07, 2008, 06:18:08 PM by Politico »

We already know what will happen, Sensei. Analysts will declare Biden the winner and Americans will declare Palin the winner because she's "cute".

No, Sarah Barracuda will win an the public will say "Look at that mean Joe Biden attacking sweet Sarah Palin."

She should get out of the kitchen if she can't stand the heat...
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 06:17:17 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2008, 06:22:10 PM by Politico »

The problem with Mooseburger Barbie is that she will likely be a fad.  Within a few weeks she will fall to the wayside.

Exactly. She's a gimmick. There were plenty of other more qualified Republicans among both sexes. She was chosen because she was the "prettiest" one available. America is seriously on the wrong path. Most voters will not fall for a gimmick like this.

Obama has worked his ass off to get to where he is. He did not expect a token pass simply because he's not a white male. Palin should not expect a token pass simply because she's not a white male. She needs to answer the tough questions and prove herself just like Hillary, Obama, Biden, McCain and everybody else involved with the 2008 presidential campaign. If Palin can't handle the pressure then she should go back to Alaska. Period.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 06:49:33 PM »

The problem with Mooseburger Barbie is that she will likely be a fad.  Within a few weeks she will fall to the wayside.

Exactly. She's a gimmick. There were plenty of other more qualified Republicans among both sexes. She was chosen because she was the "prettiest" one available. America is seriously on the wrong path. Most voters will not fall for a gimmick like this.

Obama has worked his ass off to get to where he is. He did not expect a token pass simply because he's not a white male. Palin should not expect a token pass simply because she's not a white male. She needs to answer the tough questions and prove herself just like Hillary, Obama, Biden, McCain and everybody else involved with the 2008 presidential campaign. If Palin can't handle the pressure then she should go back to Alaska. Period.

Exactly. The moment any one stepped in to scrutinise her, Saintly "Vote for John Because He Picked Me and I'm a Hockey Mom" Sarah immediately played the victim charging them with being "elitist" and "sexist". Pathetic. What makes her so special?

She wants to get over herself I reckon

Dave
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »

And she's on the way on answering the questions, there hasn't been an instance where she has cracked under the pressure yet.  It was just disgusting that the media intentionally tried to destroy her.

Furthermore, I reject that McCain chose her solely because she is a woman. 
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

A governor with such meager accomplishments and record would not have been picked if they were not female.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 07:18:17 PM »

It was just disgusting that the media intentionally tried to destroy her.

One or two gossip magazines crossed the line Sad. The mainstream media just went about their job, scrutinising her record and where she stands on the issues, just like they would have done any unfamiliar person tapped to be VP

I'm tired of this media bias nonsense. John McCain has been given a free pass for years. Has any other contemporary American politician been given such adulated praise?

Dave
Daniel Adams
Georgia

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: 2.43

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 07:18:56 PM »

A governor with such meager accomplishments and record would not have been picked if they were not female.
For your information, Sarah Palin actively fought against the corrupt political establishment, first in Wasilla and then in Alaska in general, defeating an incumbent governor and then proceeding to investigate corruption, lower taxes, and lower spending. She continues to stand up for reform, in opposing Don Young in the primaries, for example. Unlike Obama, she fought corruption whether committed by Democrats or by Republicans.

Now, what are Barack Obama's great accomplishments, pray tell? A senator with such meager accomplishments and record would not have been chosen if he were not black.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 07:32:31 PM »

For your information, Sarah Palin actively fought against the corrupt political establishment, first in Wasilla and then in Alaska in general, defeating an incumbent governor and then proceeding to investigate corruption, lower taxes, and lower spending. She continues to stand up for reform, in opposing Don Young in the primaries, for example. Unlike Obama, she fought corruption whether committed by Democrats or by Republicans.

That's a very sugarcoated view of Saintly Sarah I must admit

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »

That's a very sugarcoated view of her

Dave

Well, please give us the complete DNC talking points, Hawk.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2008, 07:42:07 PM »

Dave

Never been on the DNC website in my life, Phil. How many times have I told you that?

When Saintly Sarah ceases to think she's somehow beyond reproach, above scrutiny, which means none of this "elitist" or "sexist" crap, I'll cut her some slack. Slack has to be earnt from me

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

Dave

Never been on the DNC website in my life, Phil. How many times have I told you that?

When Saintly Sarah ceases to think she's somehow beyond reproach, above scrutiny, which means none of this "elitist" or "sexist" crap, I'll cut her some slack. Slack has to be earnt from me

Dave

I doubt she thinks she's above scrutiny. The very first questions about this woman involved whether or not her youngest son is actually her's. She doesn't deserve some slack after those attacks and the attacks on her daughter? Give me a break.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 01:08:39 AM »

The Palin pick was not a play for Hillary voters.  She was a play for anti-abortionists distrustful of McCain.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 01:09:08 AM »

The Palin pick was not a play for Hillary voters.  She was a play for anti-abortionists distrustful of McCain.

^^^^^^^^^

Ding ding.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 01:17:34 AM »

I'm surprised. Sure she seems like a friendly fellow, but she has the type of politics to alienate anyone who does not consider themselves to be a conservative. A staunch right-wing conservative that is. If a vast majority of Americans knew what her political positions were, then her numbers would take a dive and half. 

^^^^^^^^^

Ding ding.

And yet McCain's selection of Governor Palin is managing to win over supporters of Senator Clinton due to Governor Palin being a woman. If only they knew what her positions were on the issues then they would be running into the arms of Obama/Biden.
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 02:51:13 AM »

If a vast majority of Americans knew what her political positions were, then her numbers would take a dive and half.

Unlike, say, Obama.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 05:31:18 AM »

Dave

Dave

I doubt she thinks she's above scrutiny. The very first questions about this woman involved whether or not her youngest son is actually her's. She doesn't deserve some slack after those attacks and the attacks on her daughter? Give me a break.

Who would question whether her youngest son was hers or not? Was she not pregnant for everyone around her to notice before she gave birth to him? As for her daughter's pregnancy that is a family matter and Obama made it perfectly clear that family is off limits

Dave
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 07:53:16 AM »

If a vast majority of Americans knew what her political positions were, then her numbers would take a dive and half.

Unlike, say, Obama.

Nowt radical about a proactive (as in government) liberal-leaning (on social issues) Christian Democrat (on economic and quality of life issues)

Dave
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:15 AM »

Obviously she wasn't chosen "solely" because she was a woman, or else he could have chosen a bus driver from Minneapolis or a waitress somewhere who really only would have had the double-X chromosomes as a qualification. However, her gender was her main attribute, and if she had the same profile as a man, she never would have been picked. 
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »

I'm tired of this media bias nonsense. John McCain has been given a free pass for years. Has any other contemporary American politician been given such adulated praise?

Dave

Barack Obama comes immediately to mind.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 09:08:07 AM »

Dave

Be that the case, why was the media all over Jeremiah Wright?

Dave
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »

Dave

Dave

Who would question whether her youngest son was hers or not? Was she not pregnant for everyone around her to notice before she gave birth to him? As for her daughter's pregnancy that is a family matter and Obama made it perfectly clear that family is off limits

Dave

Some here and elsewhere came up with some conspiracy theory that the child wasn't her's. As for her daughter, Obama might have made it clear that she's off limits but that doesn't mean she hasn't gotten beaten up over it. Open your eyes.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 01:44:41 PM »

Dave

Be that the case, why was the media all over Jeremiah Wright?

Dave

The same reason the New York Times "reported" about McCain's alleged lobbyist mistress?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies