ABC Poll: Biden has stronger favorables than Palin & is seen as more experienced
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:52:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ABC Poll: Biden has stronger favorables than Palin & is seen as more experienced
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: ABC Poll: Biden has stronger favorables than Palin & is seen as more experienced  (Read 3354 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 04:06:01 AM »

I wonder what accounts for the difference.  Do SurveyUSA and Rasmussen use "fair," and ABC, not?  I imagine that alone could explain it.  Joe Biden seems like the sort of guy lots of people would answer "fair" to.  "Fair" being treated as negative (or used at all) has never made sense to me.  I mean, how much more of a positive connotation can be a "negative" word have?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 03:14:27 PM »

For president, change counts. For VP, experience. And why not the opposite ? the opposite is better. I prefer an experimented president with a young VP.

Actually, if you look historically, the Change/Experience ticket is much more traditional -- believe it or not.

LIES!!!

except for

Kennedy-Johnson
Reagan-Bush
Lincoln-Johnson

In fact, experience - change has produced some stinkers... Kerry - Edwards and Mondale - Ferraro come to mind.

It depends on what you define as Change and Experience.  By my definition, Carter-Mondale, Clinton-Gore, and Bush-Cheney were all of the "change-experience" design as well.

Also, "experience-change" is a completely different story from "change-experience."
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 04:05:51 PM »

For president, change counts. For VP, experience. And why not the opposite ? the opposite is better. I prefer an experimented president with a young VP.

Actually, if you look historically, the Change/Experience ticket is much more traditional -- believe it or not.

LIES!!!

except for

Kennedy-Johnson
Reagan-Bush
Lincoln-Johnson

In fact, experience - change has produced some stinkers... Kerry - Edwards and Mondale - Ferraro come to mind.

It depends on what you define as Change and Experience.  By my definition, Carter-Mondale, Clinton-Gore, and Bush-Cheney were all of the "change-experience" design as well.

Also, "experience-change" is a completely different story from "change-experience."

In fact, every ticket elected (as opposed to re-elected/elected for the first time but as an incumbent) since 1952 has been Change/Experience save for Nixon/Agnew in 1968 and Bush/Quayle in 1988. Nixon/Agnew faced a ticket that also was not Change/Experience, making Bush/Quayle the only non-Change/Experience ticket to ever defeat a Change/Experience ticket in recent times without the benefit of incumbency.

Kennedy/Johnson
Carter/Mondale
Reagan/Bush
Clinton/Gore
Bush/Cheney

(You listed all of those, but it's good to make it pretty clear.) Does that make any difference? No, but it clearly demonstrates why choices of VPs like Edwards and possibly Palin (though we will have to see on that one) are often plain stupid.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 01:44:03 AM »

The Hotline poll showed them with almost identical favorability ratings.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies