LMAO Obama Calls Penn State The "Nittaly Lions"!!!!!! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  LMAO Obama Calls Penn State The "Nittaly Lions"!!!!!! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LMAO Obama Calls Penn State The "Nittaly Lions"!!!!!!  (Read 21166 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:17 PM »

If there hadn't been massive voter fraud in that state, John Kerry's "Lambert Field" gaffe would've cost him in Wisconsin.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »

I don't understand. Could someone explain this to me?

Nittany Lions = correct.  Nittaly Lions = incorrect.

This is of roughly the same order of magnitude as Kerry's calling the Green Bay Packers' Lambeau Field "Lambert Field" (like the St. Louis airport) in 2004.

IIRC, he lost the state.

I knew the son of the  Chairman of Cambria County GOP Committee in 1964.  He vividly remembered his mother telling Nelson Rockefeller to pronounce the name of the county the way the locals do, so that "Cam" (short "a") rhymes with "jam," not "Cam" (long "a"), rhymes with "lame."  To do it would have cost him votes in the county.

I saw Dwight Evans make a similar mistake in the Democratic gubernatorial primary debate in 1994, except he called it "Cambridge County."

Too bad you don't RC. Smiley

RC?

You said IIRC, which stands for If I Recall Correctly.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bush was the true winner of Wisconsin.  There were mass reports across that state on Election Day '04 of GOP headquarters getting broken into and all their "get out the vote" lists destroyed/stolen and hundreds of Republican-sponsored elderly transportation vans having their tires slashed.  IMO, statewide there were probably at least 12,000 votes lost from those tampering attempts.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

I don't understand. Could someone explain this to me?

Nittany Lions = correct.  Nittaly Lions = incorrect.

This is of roughly the same order of magnitude as Kerry's calling the Green Bay Packers' Lambeau Field "Lambert Field" (like the St. Louis airport) in 2004.

IIRC, he lost the state.

I knew the son of the  Chairman of Cambria County GOP Committee in 1964.  He vividly remembered his mother telling Nelson Rockefeller to pronounce the name of the county the way the locals do, so that "Cam" (short "a") rhymes with "jam," not "Cam" (long "a"), rhymes with "lame."  To do it would have cost him votes in the county.

I saw Dwight Evans make a similar mistake in the Democratic gubernatorial primary debate in 1994, except he called it "Cambridge County."

Too bad you don't RC. Smiley

RC?

You said IIRC, which stands for If I Recall Correctly.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bush was the true winner of Wisconsin.  There were mass reports across that state on Election Day '04 of GOP headquarters getting broken into and all their "get out the vote" lists destroyed/stolen and hundreds of Republican-sponsored elderly transportation vans having their tires slashed.  IMO, statewide there were probably at least 12,000 votes lost from those tampering attempts.

Then the Republicans should've pursued it and prosecuted it. If they didn't, that to me is pretty strong evidence that it either didn't happen or at the very least wouldn't have swung the state (at least, not after also factoring in Republican fraud).

Not saying that your assumption isn't true, but I believe in innocent until proven guilty, and would say the same about arguments that Ohio 2004 or Florida 2000 was stolen as well (I don't think Florida was stolen, but I think that the intent of the majority of voters who cast ballots was clearly for Gore, with ballot snafus causing the official result to reflect otherwise).

Florida 2000 for Gore I think is also the truth, but Ohio 2004 was too massive of a margin by Bush (110,000 votes he won by or so) for any practical fraud to have taken place.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies