have you ever used marijuana? / do you think it should be legal?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:04:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  have you ever used marijuana? / do you think it should be legal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: have you ever used marijuana? / do you think it should be legal for recreational use?
yes/yes

yes/no

no/yes

no/no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: have you ever used marijuana? / do you think it should be legal?  (Read 6725 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:45 PM »

have you ever used marijuana? / do you think it should be legal for recreational use?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22:41 PM »

No, never toked up.

Yes.  I see no problem with the use and possession of small amounts of the weed.  I'm also not a passionate foe of keeping it criminal either.  Kind of a "meh" issue for me, aside from medical marijuana...which I am very much in support of.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:27:58 PM »

No/Yes

What Jim said, mostly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »

Yes and Yes (Normal).  Man it's been years and years.........anyone got a .......uh, nevermind.  Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:18 PM »

Yes, today / Yes.
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:27 PM »

No/Yes

Not yet anyway. Hehehe Mr. Pink Elephant.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:43 PM »

No/Isn't its illegality part of the thrill?
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 04:50:57 PM »

No/No.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »

No/Isn't its illegality part of the thrill?
To some, yeah. To me, no. I'm pretty sure I'd be or have been a far more regular consumer if the stuff was freely and legally available just anywhere.

Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »

No/Yes
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 05:34:34 PM »

yes/yes
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 05:41:29 PM »

Many people I know in real life are perplexed by position on this issue.  I am probably personally the most anti-drug person you could ever meet.  I do not support using marijuana under any circumstances, and once ditched a long time friend because I found out he was using it.

However, I am 100% in favor of legalizing marijuana and all other drugs.  While personally I do not wish to use it or befriend anyone who uses it, trying to fight it is absurd.  Most kids in high school have a harder time finding alcohol
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 05:48:41 PM »

Many people I know in real life are perplexed by position on this issue.  I am probably personally the most anti-drug person you could ever meet.  I do not support using marijuana under any circumstances, and once ditched a long time friend because I found out he was using it.

However, I am 100% in favor of legalizing marijuana and all other drugs.  While personally I do not wish to use it or befriend anyone who uses it, trying to fight it is absurd.  Most kids in high school have a harder time finding alcohol
I think the best question here would be: Why would you ditch a long time friend because he smokes pot? Does it make him a bad person or a bad friend or something?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »

No/Yes.

Though it's not really a top issue for me.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 05:54:18 PM »

I think the best question here would be: Why would you ditch a long time friend because he smokes pot? Does it make him a bad person or a bad friend or something?
Yeah, I have some friends that smoke pot.
AkSaber
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -8.00

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »

Nope, I've never used the stuff. Don't want to, either.

But I think it should be legal. It's ridiculous the amount of police resources that are drained in the pursuit of making pot difficult to get. There are lots of genuinely sick bastards out there who deserve to rot in prison, but they're still free cause the police are busy chasing some guy with a joint. Not only that, arresting people for marijuana possession overcrowds our prisons. So the genuinely sick bastards who are already in prison get early parole in order to make room for the new detainees. The now-free sick bastards are free to offend again, and ruin honest peoples' lives.

Not to mention, the biggest reason I think it should be legal is for medical purposes. Someone who is writhing in pain, isn't it cruel to deny him something that will alleviate his condition?

Also, aren't morphine and codeine opiates? Why are they legal but marijuana is a federal offense?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 06:36:47 PM »

It shows he has bad judgement and makes awful decisions, not something I want to associate with.  If your going to be that stupid, I have no reason to be around you.  The trite saying that everyone does it is ridiculous, I have plenty of friends who don't.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 06:42:30 PM »

It shows he has bad judgement and makes awful decisions, not something I want to associate with.  If your going to be that stupid, I have no reason to be around you.  The trite saying that everyone does it is ridiculous, I have plenty of friends who don't.

And the trite saying that those who choose their friends wisely, probably don't have any friends, isn't so ridiculous.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »

And the trite saying that those who choose their friends wisely, probably don't have any friends, isn't so ridiculous.
No.  The amount of kids that smoke pot in high school is greatly overstated.  The amount of kids that smoke that rank in the top 20% of the class is near nil
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »

No.  The amount of kids that smoke pot in high school is greatly overstated.  The amount of kids that smoke that rank in the top 20% of the class is near nil
I was Salutatorian, and the Valedictorian was known to smoke pot as well. Even though I only did it twice. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:20 PM »

I was Salutatorian, and the Valedictorian was known to smoke pot as well. Even though I only did it twice. 
Well, every situation is different.  Plus doing pot once or twice is different from making it a habit, maybe I wasn't clear before
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:32 PM »

No/Yes
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »

No/Yes, but I don't really care.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »

No/No.
NDN
Uganda

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 07:21:38 PM »
« Edited: September 09, 2008, 08:52:29 PM by Alex Shrub »

No/Yes.

I personally do not approve of using Marijuana at all, except for medical reasons. In fact I have a pretty visceral hatred towards it. I can not emphasize how much I despise stoner culture, or the smell, or almost everything else associated with it. It's a generally very low class thing to do, period.

However, the reality is that most arguments against marijuana apply equally (if not more so) to tobacco and alcohol. Given that plus all the money, prison space, etc. spent on this as opposed to other more pressing crimes it seems pretty obvious that it's not worth it. Not to mention everything I've read indicates that marijuana use is far more common now than prior to the ban.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies