What Bush Must Do
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:02:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What Bush Must Do
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What Bush Must Do  (Read 5374 times)
elcorazon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2004, 10:17:41 AM »

Well, since the primary argument against gay marriage is that marriage is for having children, I would think that the question of adoption would be central.
If that's the primary argument, then it is a sure loser.  I think even the uneducated could see the fallacy in that line of thinking.  Should women unable to procreate be banned from marriage?  Or men for that matter?  Should couples who fail to procreate no longer be considered married?  Seems to me the two issues are NOT one and the same and those who oppose gay marriage have more reason than that for doing so.  Not that I understand their reasoning.
NHPolitico

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2004, 10:23:01 AM »

Should couples who fail to procreate no longer be considered married?
Some people are demanding just that in Germany. For tax purposes, that is. But then, we have lower birth rates than you.

That's interesting. We pay people to procreate here with tax credits.  Does Germany offer tax credits and other give-aways?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2004, 03:28:46 PM »

I thought we weren't gonna debate the issue as such here...there are tons of threads for that, actually. I see no real reason to comment on that, since no one has brought up anything tor efute my previous post...
Esteban Manuel
Rookie

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 04:02:31 PM »

Just as a side note, to let you know my personal feelings here... doesn't it strike anyone as supreme arrogance that we, in the 21st Century, can redefine marriage to mean something that it never was in the thousands of years that it's existed?  Are we smarter than the many generations before us, to whom it never occurred to define as marriage the union between two men or two women?

I can't stay reading this forum 'cause i have to go even when it's very interesting but.... that argument works too for aspirin, isn't it?
NHPolitico

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 08:56:54 AM »

Bush needs to:

Affirm, with lots of stats and examples, that OIF was the right decision because it helps the war on terrorism and contributes to the long-term security of the United States.

Disapprove of the rising budget deficit, blame the OIF and OEF and the rising costs of homeland security for it, and affirm that rising revenues from pro-growth tax cuts and budgetary restraint in other areas can keep the deficit and interest rates in check.

He also needs to remind people that he inherited a recession, with stats and examples.

Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2004, 04:53:41 PM »

In order to regain that support, Bush MUST push for an Amendment banning gay marriage....The second thing Bush could do is have Rhenq retire from the SCOTUS and nominate Estrada.

from Drudge 3/8/2004: <<SUPREME COURT CHIEF JUSTICE: 'CAN'T HELP BUT THINK ABOUT RETIREMENT'>>

...Rove should send me a dollar.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies