Mideast Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:42:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 137
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 251364 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2825 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »

The Dangerous Dogs Bill

The Mideast Dog Breed Equity Under the Law Act  is hereby repealed

1. The following breeds of dog are banned in the Mideast

a. any dog of the type known as the pit bull terrier;

b. any dog of the type known as the Japanese tosa; and

c. any dog of any type designated for the purposes of this section by an order of the Assembly being a type appearing to them to be bred for fighting or to have the characteristics of a type bred for that purpose.

2. No person shall

a. breed, or breed from, a dog to which this section applies;

b. sell or exchange such a dog or offer, advertise or expose such a dog for sale or exchange;

c. make or offer to make a gift of such a dog or advertise or expose such a dog as a gift;

d. allow such a dog of which he is the owner or of which he is for the time being in charge to be in a public place without being muzzled and kept on a lead; or

e. abandon such a dog of which he is the owner or, being the owner or for the time being in charge of such a dog, allow it to stray.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2826 on: June 25, 2011, 10:10:09 PM »

Hey Guys,

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=135375.0

This is a great idea the Northeast implemented, and I think it'd be cool to do the same in the Mideast. I'd be more than willing to run it, unless someone else feels called to.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #2827 on: June 25, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »

Hey Guys,

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=135375.0

This is a great idea the Northeast implemented, and I think it'd be cool to do the same in the Mideast. I'd be more than willing to run it, unless someone else feels called to.
That was actually the first act I intended on introducing, in the event that I would be so fortunate as to serve in the Assembly.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2828 on: June 30, 2011, 06:32:21 PM »

Sigh...

I'll propose more legislation then shall I?
RIP Robert H Bork
officepark
Junior Chimp
Czech Republic

« Reply #2829 on: June 30, 2011, 09:28:20 PM »

Sigh...

We're looking forward to whatever you have to propose.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2830 on: June 30, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »

Sigh...

If you'd like I can re introduce my teacher salary bill which I'm sure will have lots of debate and amendents.

I'm also beginning work on public employee pension reform considering we have to pay $50 billion a year while the IDS to paying under $4 billion
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2831 on: July 01, 2011, 05:27:24 AM »

Sorry not to contribute much here.
You all know in which circumstances some of us were candidates...

I think it's time to slash the size of the Assembly Tongue.
If one important veteran politician of our great region Grin provides me with all the texts needed to be amended, I'll put forward a bill Smiley.

(yeah, lazy even about that...)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2832 on: July 01, 2011, 10:54:09 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2011, 10:55:57 AM by afleitch »

Mideast Assembly Public Holiday Bill

The Mideast Assembly shall be in recess during the following periods;

The Easter Friday and Easter Monday (moveable)
The 4th July
The 24th, 25th, 26th and 31st December
The 1st January

Transgender Rights Bill

All Mideastern statutes and regulations which prohibit discrimination or disparate treatment under the law on the basis of, or guarantee legal rights or privileges regardless of, a subject's race, national origin, religion, gender, and sexual orientation shall henceforth be amended to include "transgender" as a similarly illegal basis under the definition of ''gender'', of discrimination or denial of legal rights.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2833 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:14 PM »

Section 1
Public education teaching payment shall be based on the following:
30% Education acquired by degree, in any area. The greater amount of degrees and the more advanced degree will result in a higher salary.
35% Years spent teaching in public, private, charter schools, or universities. The longer a teacher has spent teaching, the greater their salary.
30% Regional test score results for their students. The higher the regional test scores the students they teach score, the greater their salary.
5% Former occupation related to teaching. For teachers who have had occupations related to their current teaching (like an engineering now teaching math), they will have a greater salary.

Section 2
The starting teacher salary will be $35,000 annually and will between this amount and $65,000 for any other given year based on Section 1’s formula. The teaching salary will be based on a sliding scale

Section 3
Each year there will be an annual test developed by the education department of the Mideast Government for grades 3-10 in the areas of math, writing, reading, science, and social studies. This regional test will be used to determine the 30% of the salary based on regional testing scores for teachers. Teachers who teach Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) will be scored on student’s results if they teach 11th or 12th grade students whom will not take the regional test due to local district requirements. Scores of the regional test will only affect the teacher teaching in their specific area (an English teacher is only scored on Writing and Reading).

Section 4
Teachers who do not teach a subject related to Math, Writing, Reading, Science, and Social Studies, and/or do not teach an AP or IB class, will not be subject to the 30% teaching salary category based on the regional test scores. Teachers who fall into the Section 4 category will only have the ability to achieve a maximum of $60,000 annually for salary.

---
GO wild ripping this apart! But truly in the end I would like to see an education reform bill on my desk Cheesy
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #2834 on: July 02, 2011, 04:18:07 AM »

I'll draft one of those "Welcome to the Mideast, here's who's in what position and when the next election is" thingy bills after Sunday - busy weekend at work.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2835 on: July 04, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »

Section 1
Public education teaching payment shall be based on the following:
30% Education acquired by degree, in any area. The greater amount of degrees and the more advanced degree will result in a higher salary.
35% Years spent teaching in public, private, charter schools, or universities. The longer a teacher has spent teaching, the greater their salary.
30% Regional test score results for their students. The higher the regional test scores the students they teach score, the greater their salary.
5% Former occupation related to teaching. For teachers who have had occupations related to their current teaching (like an engineering now teaching math), they will have a greater salary.

Section 2
The starting teacher salary will be $35,000 annually and will between this amount and $65,000 for any other given year based on Section 1’s formula. The teaching salary will be based on a sliding scale

Section 3
Each year there will be an annual test developed by the education department of the Mideast Government for grades 3-10 in the areas of math, writing, reading, science, and social studies. This regional test will be used to determine the 30% of the salary based on regional testing scores for teachers. Teachers who teach Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) will be scored on student’s results if they teach 11th or 12th grade students whom will not take the regional test due to local district requirements. Scores of the regional test will only affect the teacher teaching in their specific area (an English teacher is only scored on Writing and Reading).

Section 4
Teachers who do not teach a subject related to Math, Writing, Reading, Science, and Social Studies, and/or do not teach an AP or IB class, will not be subject to the 30% teaching salary category based on the regional test scores. Teachers who fall into the Section 4 category will only have the ability to achieve a maximum of $60,000 annually for salary.

---
GO wild ripping this apart! But truly in the end I would like to see an education reform bill on my desk Cheesy

Is this the final submission?  Or is this a rough draft?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2836 on: July 04, 2011, 02:15:52 AM »

Sorry not to contribute much here.
You all know in which circumstances some of us were candidates...

I think it's time to slash the size of the Assembly Tongue.
If one important veteran politician of our great region Grin provides me with all the texts needed to be amended, I'll put forward a bill Smiley.

(yeah, lazy even about that...)

You want 3 people?  I can draft that.
big bad fab
filliatre
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #2837 on: July 04, 2011, 02:55:56 AM »

Except if new active Mideast citizens emerge: it's already the case with MOPolitico.
And I've noticed other promising names.
So, maybe we shouldn't rush on this subject: I know, I sound contradictory, but I was proposing this just because I'm a bit ashamed by my own very, very low activity Wink.

Anyway, the last elections were really a failure for our system.
I think, we can have 5 active members now. But we cannot be sure of competitive elections with 5 members. It depends on the aim of all this: trying to have all the active Mideastern Atlasians in the Assembly or trying to have competitive elections.

At least, a draft and a debate would be fine.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2838 on: July 04, 2011, 01:17:41 PM »

That's my final submission TO be torn apart and amended in the debate thread Cheesy
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2839 on: July 05, 2011, 05:13:47 PM »

Nomination to the Superior Court

I hereby nominate Big Bad Fab to the Superior Court.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2840 on: July 06, 2011, 02:12:35 AM »

An Amendment to Correct an Oversight in Article II, Section 2 of the Mideast Constitution

You must be logged in to read this quote.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2841 on: July 06, 2011, 03:24:32 PM »

You don't have to forgive me, but when did MOpolitico get in the Assembly? I have a weird feeling that elections took place without my knowing about them. If so, it's probably for the better, but I'd like to know. Incidentally, the Atlas Fantasy Elections Voting Booth doesn't seem to have a thread on any sort of Assembly elections, so that just deepens the mystery. Is it because big bad fab is moving up to the Superior Court?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2842 on: July 06, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »

I'm not a citizen here but..

A-Bob appoints MO
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2843 on: July 06, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »

You don't have to forgive me, but when did MOpolitico get in the Assembly? I have a weird feeling that elections took place without my knowing about them. If so, it's probably for the better, but I'd like to know. Incidentally, the Atlas Fantasy Elections Voting Booth doesn't seem to have a thread on any sort of Assembly elections, so that just deepens the mystery. Is it because big bad fab is moving up to the Superior Court?

Tmth didn't take his Senate seat, Officepark took his seat, MO took Officepark's seat, BBF is up for a nomination to the Superior Court in which there will be another vacancy.

There isn't any mystery here for what's been going on the last two weeks. How is it for the better that as an Assemblyman you don't know elections are being held?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #2844 on: July 06, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

It's fine, around here, we appreciate it when others offer help, not shun them for it. Smiley
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2845 on: July 06, 2011, 03:56:58 PM »

I knew about the Presidential and Senate elections, but I didn't hear about Tmth not taking his seat & what followed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2846 on: July 08, 2011, 07:35:08 AM »

Establishment of the Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation.

1a. In order to assist Mideast government agencies measure relative poverty in the region and appropriate resources efficiently, the Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation is hereby established. This shall be colloquially known as the MIMD.

b. The Mideast Index of Multiple Deprivation (MIMD) identifies small area concentrations of multiple deprivation across the Mideast. It allows effective targeting of policies and funding where the aim is to wholly or partly tackle or take account of area concentrations of multiple deprivation.
2a.The MIMD will measure deprivation based on the following factors; income, employment, health, education, skills and training, housing, geographic access and crime.. These are combined to create an overall index.

2b.The MIMD is based on the methodology developed by the Social Disadvantage Research Centre at the University of Oxford

----

Based on this: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/SIMD/
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2847 on: July 08, 2011, 02:03:58 PM »

Notification of Leave of Absence: I will not have access to the internet until Sunday. Try to make some progress while I'm gone, okay Wink?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2848 on: July 14, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »

An Amendment to reduce the size of the Mideast Assembly

Section 1 of the third Article of the Mideast Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:

1. The legislative power of the Mideast shall be vested in the Mideast Assembly.
2. The Assembly shall be composed of three members, each of whom shall be registered voters residing in the Mideast Region.
3. The Assembly shall have the power to choose its own officers, including a Speaker, and judge the qualifications of its members.
4. Elections to the Assembly shall begin between 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the third Thursday of January, March, May, July, September and November and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after beginning.
5. The method of election shall be PR-STV, as specified in Sections 4 to 17 of the Atlasian Proportional Representation Act (F.L. 21-2), unless the Assembly shall provide otherwise by Law.
6. Vacancies in the Assembly shall be filled in a manner specified by Law, and until such determination is made, by Gubernatorial appointment.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2849 on: July 19, 2011, 11:56:30 AM »
« Edited: July 19, 2011, 12:03:00 PM by Assemblyman MOPolitico »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I introduce this bill in response to the case of a woman dying from in illegal abortion in Richmond, Virginia, posted by GM Marokai in the Atlasia Guardian-Informer.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 ... 137  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies