Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:28:57 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Don't forget to get your 2013 Gubernatorial Endorsements and Predictions in!

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government
| | |-+  Regional Governments (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | | |-+  Mideast Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 137 Print
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 162213 times)
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:58:51 pm »
Ignore

This is the official Mideast Assembly Thread.  Once all 3 members have taken their oath of office, business can begin Smiley
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:24:29 pm by Mideast Assemblyman and Nyman Times Publisher Ben »Logged

Obama High's debate team:

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:15:38 pm »
Ignore

Shouldn't this be in the government board, not the elections board?
Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:21:58 pm »
Ignore

You're right; if a Mod could move this, that'd be great.

"Now let me be clear...I...I...um...uh...now let me be clear.  I strongly condemn the affirmative in the strongest possible terms, and I am closely monitoring their arguments.  Let me be clear on this."
Robespierre's Jaw
Senator Conor Flynn
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -8.35

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 02:29:14 am »
Ignore

The Voting Booth thread seems more appropriate to me. Afterall, the Pacific's legislature thread is in the Voting Booth thread and one would assume that would be the perfect place to place such a thread. Anyway, that's my opinion and you Mideasterners can do whatever the hell you want.

Here's to the State of Richard Nixon

Some things are better left covered up.
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -7.30

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:24:45 pm »
Ignore

For those wondering about our role. Here is the relevant constitutional parts.

Section 1: The Assembly

1. The legislative power in the Mideast shall be vested in the Mideastern Assembly, henceforth to be referred to as "the Assembly".
   2. The Assembly shall be composed of five members, each of whom must be resident in the Mideast Region.
   3. The Assembly shall have the power to elect its own officers and judge the qualifications of its members.
   4. Elections to the Assembly shall begin between 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the third Thursday of each odd-numbered month and 0001 Eastern Standard Time on the first Friday thereafter, and shall conclude exactly 72 hours after beginning.
   5. The method of election shall be PR-STV, as specified in Sections 4 to 17 of the Atlasian Proportional Representation Act (F.L. 21-2).
   6. Any vacancies in the Assembly shall be filled through gubernatorial appointment.
   7. Legislation may be proposed by any citizen of the Mideast.
   8. For legislation to be passed by the Assembly, it must be voted for by a majority of those voting.
   9. Three days after the passage of a bill by the Assembly, it shall become law unless the Governor calls for a Proposition on the bill.
  10. Within three days of the failure of a bill in the Assembly, the Governor may call for a Proposition on the bill. This right may only be used once in the Governor's term.

Хahar
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 12:15:04 am »
Ignore

First elect a Speaker.

Update reading list

The idea of parodying the preceding Atlasian's postings is laughable, of course, but not for reasons one might expect.
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 01:53:16 am »
Ignore

First elect a Speaker.

Why? The Lt. Governor is the PO
PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 06:19:12 am »
Ignore

Let's get this started, dear members.

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 06:57:24 am »
Ignore

What do you fellows feel should be our first order of business?  Is there any truly pressing need in terms of Mideast governance, should we in fact elect a speaker, or should we focus in on needs of the citizens like tax laws and such?

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 06:59:41 am »
Ignore

Great, looks like this farce can now get down to business.  Good thing we have an incompetent governor who appointed who a treasonist Frenchie who can't get elected to anything else instead of the Fmr. Gov. who rightfully should have this seat

Gov. Christopher J. Christie
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:02:08 am »
Ignore

Great, looks like this farce can now get down to business.  Good thing we have an incompetent governor who appointed who a treasonist Frenchie who can't get elected to anything else instead of the Fmr. Gov. who rightfully should have this seat

I'm here to!

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."
-William Jennings Bryan
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
Ignore

I'm here to!
Well, adding qualified judge who supports regional rights and is not a treasonist Frenchie did not seem to fit with that last statement Smiley

HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 07:08:55 am »
Ignore

I'm here to!
Well, adding qualified judge who supports regional rights and is not a treasonist Frenchie did not seem to fit with that last statement Smiley

He isn't a treasonist no matter what everyone else says about him.  However he is a frenchie. Smiley

-William Jennings Bryan
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 07:09:42 am »
Ignore

He isn't a treasonist no matter what everyone else says about him.  However he is a frenchie. Smiley
He left Atlasia and formed his own country.  How would you define treason?

PASOK Leader Hashemite
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
South Africa

Political Matrix

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 07:24:12 am »
Ignore

We say treasonous. Treasonist isn't even a word.

IDS Judicial Overlord PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -4.35

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 12:24:59 am »
Ignore

In hindsight, it's probably a good thing that Inks lost since now he's free to run for Governor. Smiley

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 07:39:32 pm »
Ignore

DWDL, if you care so much, move back to the Mideast.  Otherwise, shut the hell up.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 08:36:24 pm »
Ignore

DWDL, if you care so much, move back to the Mideast.  Otherwise, shut the hell up.
Well as a member of my party it reflects poorly on us that you did this

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 08:46:20 pm »
Ignore

It will have no effect at all on anything; instead of being in the Assembly, Inks is elected Governor.  Stop bitching, and take the better result.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
YaBB God
Italy

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2008, 08:47:06 pm »
Ignore

It will have no effect at all on anything; instead of being in the Assembly, Inks is elected Governor.  Stop bitching, and take the better result.
No, your misconduct reflects poorly on the party, the fact that you appointed a moron is beside the point

Warner for Senate '14
benconstine
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2008, 08:48:34 pm »
Ignore

No, your misconduct reflects poorly on the party, the fact that you appointed a moron is beside the point

My conduct will have no effect on the national results for the RPP, and you know it.  However, you've decided to bitch and whine, simply because you dislike me and Hashemite.

Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2008, 10:01:14 pm »
Ignore

Arguing about this in public reflects poorly on the party.

A Republican - at least for a little while
HappyWarrior
hannibal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 07:22:00 am »
Ignore

Rather than all this squabbling can we get back to the task at hand?

What do you fellows feel should be our first order of business?  Is there any truly pressing need in terms of Mideast governance, should we in fact elect a speaker, or should we focus in on needs of the citizens like tax laws and such?

-William Jennings Bryan
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 11:49:04 am »
Ignore

I again express my confusion as to why you all would need to elect a Speaker...
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 01:09:25 pm »
Ignore

I again express my confusion as to why you all would need to elect a Speaker...

and I express my confusion as to why we apparently need to be elected again.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 137 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout