Mideast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:04:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Mideast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mideast Assembly Thread  (Read 252182 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: September 13, 2008, 06:59:41 AM »

Great, looks like this farce can now get down to business.  Good thing we have an incompetent governor who appointed who a treasonist Frenchie who can't get elected to anything else instead of the Fmr. Gov. who rightfully should have this seat
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:31 AM »

Great, looks like this farce can now get down to business.  Good thing we have an incompetent governor who appointed who a treasonist Frenchie who can't get elected to anything else instead of the Fmr. Gov. who rightfully should have this seat

I'm here to!
Well, adding qualified judge who supports regional rights and is not a treasonist Frenchie did not seem to fit with that last statement Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 07:09:42 AM »

He isn't a treasonist no matter what everyone else says about him.  However he is a frenchie. Smiley
He left Atlasia and formed his own country.  How would you define treason?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:36:24 PM »

DWDL, if you care so much, move back to the Mideast.  Otherwise, shut the hell up.
Well as a member of my party it reflects poorly on us that you did this
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:47:06 PM »

DWDL, if you care so much, move back to the Mideast.  Otherwise, shut the hell up.
Well as a member of my party it reflects poorly on us that you did this

It will have no effect at all on anything; instead of being in the Assembly, Inks is elected Governor.  Stop bitching, and take the better result.
No, your misconduct reflects poorly on the party, the fact that you appointed a moron is beside the point
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:21:21 PM »

I'm going to laugh if all three people want to be speaker and vote for themselves
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »

I had introduced an Amendment to make the Lt. Governor presiding officer, but I guess that never went through Tongue
Well then perhaps this body has a chance at competency
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »

I was thinking of a non-binding resolution expressing the Mideast's support for maintaining the current structure of the Atlasian government.  With challenges from one side with Lewis' proposal for essentially an Altasian Commune, and challenges from the other with the RPP's intense decentralization, do you guys feel it necessary for the Mideast to proclaim its support of the status quo?
Huh

The RPP supports the status quo on the setup of regions
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 11:05:09 AM »

You guys need some kind of proposition where assembly members must serve at least half their term or something.  It seems like you lose another every week, and 2 out of 3 are likely to leave by January
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »

Well I certainly feel your bill is an horrible infringment on rights, I have to ask what form of ID you will ask for if one does not have a driver's license.  I know in New Jersey they usually use the wording "driver's license or other government issued ID".  I see no reason why a passport or similar item would not suffice
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 10:09:11 PM »

I think that the time has come to change the region's capital.  College Park seems like a small and arbitry choice.  I would propose some place in the center of our region such as Columbus or Indianapolis.
Someone's a copy cat Tongue

The reason we did it, and had been trying so long, is because we wanted to proclaim ourselves a new and reborn region.  Are you running for the history of the Mideast?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 05:58:33 PM »

I think that the time has come to change the region's capital.  College Park seems like a small and arbitry choice.  I would propose some place in the center of our region such as Columbus or Indianapolis.

I had actually just been thinking about this, especially how tucked away the capital is. How about we give each incoming Governor the right to move the capital wherever he so chooses. This can only be done once by each non-incumbent Governor. Or we could setup a roaming thing where it changes each month or each gubernatorial election cycle.
Wouldn't that incur massive amount of debt from constantly moving your capitol, the people stationed there, and all the buildings?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »

WTF you can camp on private land!!  That is easily the most disasterous thing I have heard in awhile
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies