Bad day for Obama
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:19:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bad day for Obama
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bad day for Obama  (Read 5857 times)
Whacker77

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 10, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »

Whether you like Obama or not, today was a bad day for him.  He woke having to waste time on his comments about lipstick on a pig.  Later in the morning, a Tennessee Congressman went to the House floor and repeated the Jesus was a community organizer and Pilot was a governor.  Worst of all, the Chairwoman of the South Carolina Democrat Party said Palin's sole qualification appeared to be that she never had an abortion.

I think the lipstick comment was mostly taken out of context, but why do these Democrats keep saying goofy things like Palin was chosen because she hasn't had an abortion?  The Democrats do want Obama to win, right?
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 05:41:32 PM »

They are going to someway, somehow drag themselves away from even mentioning Saintly Sarah, because the more they do, the more she plays the victim of "sexism" or "elitism" - and that's on fair political criticism never mind 'insults'

Dave
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »

They are going to someway, somehow drag themselves away from even mentioning Saintly Sarah, because the more they do, the more she plays the victim of "sexism" or "elitism" - and that's on fair political criticism never mind 'insults'

Dave

One of the benefits McCain has gotten from the Palin nomination, is that it has caused the lefties to run around screaming, cursing, making all kinds or loony statements.

Did these nut cases attend an LSD party recently?  They'd make more sense, and be less trouble if they were simply barking at the moon.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »

Dave

One of the benefits McCain has gotten from the Palin nomination, is that it has caused the lefties to run around screaming, cursing, making all kinds or loony statements.

Did these nut cases attend an LSD party recently?  They'd make more sense, and be less trouble if they were simply barking at the moon.

let's leave the moon of Palin out of this, ok
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »

Dave

Can't say I too found of Saintly Sarah myself, Carl. Too fond of polar bears Tongue

No, seriously, I don't consider her be entitled to a free pass just because she's a woman

Dave
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:25:22 PM »

Yup democrats need to stop talking about Palin and start talking about issues/where Mccain stands on those issues.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »

how about a picture to serve as a memento for this joyous occasion:

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

Dave

Can't say I too found of Saintly Sarah myself, Carl. Too fond of polar bears Tongue

No, seriously, I don't consider her be entitled to a free pass just because she's a woman

Dave

First, never suggest she get a "free pass."

Second, suggest that many of the loony attacks on her have backfired.

Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:41 PM »

Obama has had a series of bad days here, since he decided to focus his campaign on Sarah Palin.  He's got about one, maybe two days before Hurricane Ike hits and all attention will be focused on that for a day or more.  Maybe his campaign can retool then.  Or maybe Bush will completely screw Ike up and the media will pay attention.

But really, he's panicking when he's down, at most, three points.  I could understand this if he was down double or triple this amount, but really.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »

Obama has had a series of bad days here, since he decided to focus his campaign on Sarah Palin.  He's got about one, maybe two days before Hurricane Ike hits and all attention will be focused on that for a day or more.  Maybe his campaign can retool then.  Or maybe Bush will completely screw Ike up and the media will pay attention.

But really, he's panicking when he's down, at most, three points.  I could understand this if he was down double or triple this amount, but really.

Some of this might be the both Obama's personal attitude and the campaign's attitude.  Either or both might have assumed that Obama was the Messiah and came up with a battle plan based on that.  I see the campaign flailing around for a strategy and making greater mistakes.

Obama and the campaign are rattled.  I don't know if I'd call it panicked. 
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 08:58:38 PM »

A large part of the problem is that so many Democrats who should know better are publicly spouting utter rubbish,

Here's an example from Politico:

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate "whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

I was thinking it was a good day for Obama... it was ham day at the Old Country Buffet.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 02:37:44 AM »

Obama whines more then a three year old. WAAAAHHH They're picking on me...wahhhhh
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 03:34:00 AM »

Um, excuse me, but weren't the fake crocodile tears coming from the McCain campaign?  They released two ads, one giving false claims that Obama sent a team of 30 oppo researches to Alaska (the DNC+Obama sent 0 but have a bit of staff already in Alaska) that portrayed the Obama campaign as a bunch of wolves attacking poor Sarah.  The other one used the "lipstick on a pig" comment to accuse Obama of sexism - McCain himself has used the same comment to refer to women and both candidates use that phrase all the time.  In fact, McCain is one of the least politically correct politicians out there and that's one of his virtues. 

In addition, they are demanding immediate apologies and trying to fluff up what the Chairwoman of South Carolina said today about Palin.

So... if you're looking for the Whaaaambulance, you might be looking across the river when the sirens comin' from yo side.
Punditty
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 05:20:34 AM »

I thought Obama looked quite good today, especially on Letterman. McCain is the one who made a big deal out of it, Obama is the one who laughed it off.

He's got his groove back. The GOP has peaked.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 06:28:11 AM »

Obama Palin whines more then a three year old. WAAAAHHH They're picking on me...wahhhhh
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2008, 08:52:27 AM »

Um, excuse me, but weren't the fake crocodile tears coming from the McCain campaign?  They released two ads, one giving false claims that Obama sent a team of 30 oppo researches to Alaska (the DNC+Obama sent 0 but have a bit of staff already in Alaska) that portrayed the Obama campaign as a bunch of wolves attacking poor Sarah.  The other one used the "lipstick on a pig" comment to accuse Obama of sexism - McCain himself has used the same comment to refer to women and both candidates use that phrase all the time.  In fact, McCain is one of the least politically correct politicians out there and that's one of his virtues. 

In addition, they are demanding immediate apologies and trying to fluff up what the Chairwoman of South Carolina said today about Palin.

So... if you're looking for the Whaaaambulance, you might be looking across the river when the sirens comin' from yo side.

You obviously have not been reading my posts.  Smiley
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »

Obama clearly won the day. Every day that the GOP makes the campaign about stupid little non-issues instead of the real issues, is a day that they're undercutting their message of "the right kind of change."
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:55 AM »

Obama clearly won the day. Every day that the GOP makes the campaign about stupid little non-issues instead of the real issues, is a day that they're undercutting their message of "the right kind of change."

Translation:  The Koo-Aid tastes good.  AAAGH.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »

He's got his groove back. The GOP has peaked.

**dies laughing**
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2008, 10:05:31 AM »

Ive seen worse days.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »

From the announcement of Joe Biden, anyone remember him, to yesterday, Obama has been facing problems.  Yes, even the DNC didn't really help that much.  This has probably been the worst two weeks of the Obama campaign.

It can be reversed, however.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 12:17:07 PM »

If only.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 12:19:39 PM »

From the announcement of Joe Biden, anyone remember him, to yesterday, Obama has been facing problems.  Yes, even the DNC didn't really help that much.  This has probably been the worst two weeks of the Obama campaign.

Rev. Wright was probably worse. Bitter was probably worse too.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »

Rev. Wright was probably worse. Bitter was probably worse too.

No, but both might give him more long term damage.  Obama's eventual response to Wright was okay (but took too long).  The God and guns comment he basically apologized (partly) for and tried to sweep under the rug.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies