Ever been a crime victim?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:17:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Ever been a crime victim?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ever been a crime victim?  (Read 4953 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 06:12:41 PM »

Robbed at gunpoint in Chicago's Austin neighborhood when I was 21.  I cooperated fully.  Never argue with a loaded pistol. Ironically, the guy got eight dollars in cash and my high school ring.  He gave me a dollar back so I would get on the bus and not use the pay phone near the bus stop.  He waited across the street. I was pretty freaked.

Guy attempted to rob me at knifepoint here once.  I told he he would have to try to stab me.  He walked away and I called the cops. I've decided that I won't be a victim again.

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »

Of course.

Everyone who has paid taxes should be answering yes... there have certainly been crimes (in the literal sense) against the Federal Treasury.
DON'T STEAL
The government hates competition
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »

A few times.

Lost my passport in China, which wasn't fun because I couldn't leave the country.

Paid a small amount of money to a security guard in China, before later realizing it was a bribe.

Had a bike stolen when I put it on a downtown street with a lock that evidently didn't work.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »

This seems an odd answer.  I have been, a few times, in various ways, but I still consider it highly unlikely for someone like myself.

Most recently someone snatched my flip-flops from in front of my apartment door when left out over night.. similarly someone stole my converse from in front of an internet shop (that really killed me).

Years ago I had a number of big general motors cars stolen in st louis (they're easy to steal).  It didn't bother me that much as getting another was just a few thousand and not my money anyway.  Nowadays big cars are getting hard to find.  One of them I got back largely unharmed, found in an alley in the ghetto, but another was totally destroyed (on purpose).  I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I had a copy of Prancing n by Ronald Firbank in the car.

I was pickpocketed twice by a ladyboys, but only a few dollars worth of baht each time.
JohnnyLongtorso
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 07:11:55 AM »

Yeah, hate crime.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 01:13:52 AM »

I've had a bicycle stolen and my car broken into, both in middle class suburbs.  I never had anything like that happen when I lived in a sketchier neighborhood in Sacramento proper.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 12:53:35 PM »

I've had my car broken into twice (most recently about a month ago), I've had unauthorized transactions made on a long-dormant bank account thanks to a hacked online merchant, I had my bike stolen as a kid (sadly, by the only black kid in the neighborhood), I had a gameboy stolen from me during a class trip, and about eight years ago, I was the victim of an attempted rape.

So yeah, good times all around.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies