Ground Zero, still a hole, 7 years later
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:59:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ground Zero, still a hole, 7 years later
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is it embarrassing that it's taken this long to builld something at Ground Zero?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Ground Zero, still a hole, 7 years later  (Read 755 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:39:57 AM »

Politics and various douchebaggery has caused nothing to happen.  This saddens me.  The devil punched us in the eye and we talked a good game right away, but we've turned back into ugly Americans.  We've cheapened the loss by bickering about how to remember it.  We've kept our black eye.  I'd love to see good reasons why the politicians, family members and rich asshats have been holding this back, but I know I wont.  I don't care what they build on the spot.  A nice park and a memorial pool.  A giant skyscrapper full of business men.  A symbol of freedom.  I don't care. 

...but a giant farking hole in the ground is embarrassing.  Not surprising mind you, but embarrassing.  Please tell me I'm wrong.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »

I know.  I go by it almost every day.  Really, NYC and NY State have screwed up on this one royally.  But it's not the only thing that's dysfunctional here.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

I'm bothered by all the in-fighting and disagreement over what should go there.  I'm troubled that it's gotten factional.  Someday, something should be there.

But I think the gaping hole actually says a lot about how a lot of us still feel.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:29:37 AM »

I'm bothered by all the in-fighting and disagreement over what should go there.  I'm troubled that it's gotten factional.  Someday, something should be there.

But I think the gaping hole actually says a lot about how a lot of us still feel.

Not only is that skyscraper gone, but our sense of country is gone with it. Perhaps only when this hole within our collective selves is rebuilt, will the hole in Lower Manhattan go away.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »

One wonders whether making people feel like that is not the hidden agenda of some of those at fault here...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »

I work right near the site, just across from 7 WTC, work is being done, but its a shame how little has actually gotten done so far.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »

Who cares? Just leave it as it is, I say.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies