What Bush Must Do (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:49:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What Bush Must Do (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Bush Must Do  (Read 5360 times)
elcorazon

« on: February 20, 2004, 10:12:51 AM »

Except that there are many many gay adoptions already.  Marriage is not a prerequisite for that.  Oddly there has been very little coverage of any opposition to gay adoptions.  I know many gay couples with adopted children.  My daughter's girl scout leader was a gay man with 2 adopted daughters.
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 10:17:41 AM »

Well, since the primary argument against gay marriage is that marriage is for having children, I would think that the question of adoption would be central.
If that's the primary argument, then it is a sure loser.  I think even the uneducated could see the fallacy in that line of thinking.  Should women unable to procreate be banned from marriage?  Or men for that matter?  Should couples who fail to procreate no longer be considered married?  Seems to me the two issues are NOT one and the same and those who oppose gay marriage have more reason than that for doing so.  Not that I understand their reasoning.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies