What Bush Must Do (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  What Bush Must Do (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Bush Must Do  (Read 5351 times)
ncjake
Rookie

« on: February 19, 2004, 06:43:01 PM »

A lot of things are out of Bush's control: jobs,

So Bush has no control over monetary policy and economic stimulus?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So Bush has no control over the CIA?

Quit listening to Michael Savage.  No conservative is going to vote to thow out an incumbent Republican unless he's REALLY screwed things up.  Yeah, I can see that a less enthused conservative base may stay home on Nov. 2, but that's not going to make a bit of difference in Flyover Country.  It MAY cost him Florida, I'll grant you, but going on a social crusade WILL cost him Ohio and Missouri.

The last thing Bush needs is to start looking like a hardline radical rightist.  Yes, most Americans are against gay marriage, but such a push by Bush will make him look like a reactionary with a out-of-control social agenda.  Americans don't want to hear about social agendas (left or right) when jobs, national security, and education are all much more pressing issues.

55% favor the constitutional amendement banning gay marriage. http://www.stats.org/record.jsp?type=logentry&ID=158. It would help him if he pulls the gay marriage card. I would hardly call somebodya hardline radical for supporting something the majority of americans support
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies