Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:04:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs)  (Read 5627 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

This hearing is called to order.

Senators are encouraged to debate the qualities of the nominee and ask him questions.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 12:50:45 PM »

I have no doubts in Colin's abilities; he has my vote.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 03:57:21 PM »

Colin has been competent, and idk if its even possible to be incompetent as SoEA so Colin has my vote.  Unless of course I come to find that Jedi was ousted from this position without his consent, in which case I will cast a protest vote in the negative
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:04:01 AM »

Of course, I shall be voting in favour.

Colin has been competent, and idk if its even possible to be incompetent as SoEA so Colin has my vote.  Unless of course I come to find that Jedi was ousted from this position without his consent, in which case I will cast a protest vote in the negative

Do you think SoEA MasterJedi did a good job?
How would you rate his handling of the Russia-Georgia situation?
How would you rate any of his actions as SoEA within the Moderate administration?
Indeed, what have his actions been under President Moderate?

MJ has done precisely nothing and his being resigned has come not a moment too soon. I applaud the President for taking this decision and appointing someone of great calibre as his replacement.

For someone who constantly goes on about the importance of activity Sen. DWTL, your position on this matter is a stunning piece of hypocrisy. Please either withdraw your remarks or quit pretending that activity is more important to you than blindly promoting your ideological cohorts.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 06:08:41 AM »

Maybe both these things are important to him?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 06:45:30 AM »

How would you rate any of his actions as SoEA within the Moderate administration?

MJ has done precisely nothing and his being resigned has come not a moment too soon. I applaud the President for taking this decision and appointing someone of great calibre as his replacement.

For someone who constantly goes on about the importance of activity Sen. DWTL, your position on this matter is a stunning piece of hypocrisy. Please either withdraw your remarks or quit pretending that activity is more important to you than blindly promoting your ideological cohorts.
There is no hypocrisy in my statement.  There is a quite a difference between activity in the senate and activity as the SoEA.  The SoEA is a job that has been rendered near irrelevant since the GM has gone.  There is no debate for Jedi to be a part of, there is no important decisions for him to take.  His job did not require activity, it really only required him to post a little statement every once in awhile, something he did.  That still made him more active than some of the senators.  If it was not Jedi's decision to step down, I see Moderate's action as nothing more than replacing one of his cabinet members who joined the RPP with an NLC chum.  However, no one is yet to make it clear to me if this decision was Jedi's, mutual, or Moderate's.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 07:04:39 AM »

There is no hypocrisy in my statement.  There is a quite a difference between activity in the senate and activity as the SoEA.  The SoEA is a job that has been rendered near irrelevant since the GM has gone.  There is no debate for Jedi to be a part of, there is no important decisions for him to take.  His job did not require activity, it really only required him to post a little statement every once in awhile, something he did.  That still made him more active than some of the senators.  If it was not Jedi's decision to step down, I see Moderate's action as nothing more than replacing one of his cabinet members who joined the RPP with an NLC chum.  However, no one is yet to make it clear to me if this decision was Jedi's, mutual, or Moderate's.

What statements did MJ make "every once in a while"? Please check through his posting record, it shouldn't take long to compile his actions as SoEA under Moderate. I'm sure you'll find that his activity doesn't even reach the meagre standards you set forth as required of him.

Also, if the position is as useless as you claim, why are you so ardently in favour of ensuring that your party colleague hold onto it?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 07:07:04 AM »

What statements did MJ make "every once in a while"? Please check through his posting record, it shouldn't take long to compile his actions as SoEA under Moderate. I'm sure you'll find that his activity doesn't even reach the meagre standards you set forth as required of him.

Also, if the position is as useless as you claim, why are you so ardently in favour of ensuring that your party colleague hold onto it?
He made a few statements on elections and such a few weeks ago.  Again, without a GM the position is quite meaningless.  Also I do not care if my party retains the position at all, I care if Jedi was ousted out of it.  He was well qualified and did what was required of him.  Its not his fault there is no GM
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:41:00 AM »

He made a few statements on elections and such a few weeks ago. 

Cite?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:45:42 AM »

He issued a statement on China on June 24th, which is about 10 weeks ago.  He said he would be releasing more about 3 weeks ago, guess he never got around to it.  Probably because it was completely unnecessary.  This just goes to show why we need a GM again
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57:40 AM »

He issued a statement on China on June 24th, which is about 10 weeks ago.  He said he would be releasing more about 3 weeks ago, guess he never got around to it.  Probably because it was completely unnecessary.  This just goes to show why we need a GM again

So "posting a little statement every once in a while" became "made a few statements on elections and such a few weeks ago" becomes he made a statement on China, almost 3 months ago under the previous "President".

Now, that you've effectively conceded that MJ's sum contribution as SoEA under President Moderate is the equivalent of gporter's contribution to Atlasia in the same time, can we not agree that it might be best to put in place someone who evidences a pulse?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 08:02:16 AM »

Now, that you've effectively conceded that MJ's sum contribution as SoEA under President Moderate is the equivalent of gporter's contribution to Atlasia in the same time, can we not agree that it might be best to put in place someone who evidences a pulse?
First of all, Gporter has never made a "contribution" to Atlasia it that tends to have a postitive conotation.  Second, its not MasterJedi that needs a second look, its the position itself and its irrelevancy without a GM.  What is the point of MasterJedi releasing meaningless edicts every once in awhile? 

I simple explanation from Moderate on relieving Jedi of his duties would go a long way as well.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:10:55 AM »

Second, its not MasterJedi that needs a second look, its the position itself and its irrelevancy without a GM. 

Then I suggest you bring about legislation to that effect rather than complaining that your man doesn't get to retain the post.

What is the point of MasterJedi releasing meaningless edicts every once in awhile? 

What is the point of <insert Atlasian position here> releasing meaningless edicts/amendments/laws every once in awhile?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

What is the point of MasterJedi releasing meaningless edicts every once in awhile? 
What is the point of <insert Atlasian position here> releasing meaningless edicts/amendments/laws every once in awhile?
Well, in the grand scheme of things it has little effect, but sometimes things of that nature can have a huge effect on the game.  Anything Jedi says not only has no RL signifigance, but also no game signifigance
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »

I support this nomination.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »

one of the best people for the job. I fully support this nomination.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »

I would politely request this confirmation hearing center around the merits of former President Wixted and his ability to serve in the position, and not the merits of MasterJedi, as the latter should not be relevant here.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2008, 03:03:43 PM »

I would politely request this confirmation hearing center around the merits of former President Wixted and his ability to serve in the position, and not the merits of MasterJedi, as the latter should not be relevant here.
Well then if you could politely either post here or PM my why Jedi was let go (his own merits or not) I would appreciate it
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »

There is no debate about the merits of former PPT Wixted, simply because everybody agrees that future President Wixted is amply able and qualified for the position.

As to whether MasterJedi is relevant here, I respectfully disagree. AFAIK -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

MasterJedi has neither been sacked effective immediately, nor resigned, and is therefore still in office. The Senate is therefore asked, vote not on the filling of a vacancy, but on replacing MasterJedi with Colin. To pretend otherwise and pass the blame is IMHO a wee bit cowardly. (No, I'm not sore anymore. I just haven't changed my view.) Obviously, if Jedi resigned or were sacked outright by the President, this would change.

That said, I fully intend to vote Aye on the matter anyhow - simply because I do, indeed, prefer to have Colin instead of MasterJedi as my SoEA.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 04:01:09 PM »

There is no debate about the merits of former PPT Wixted, simply because everybody agrees that future President Wixted is amply able and qualified for the position.

Future?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »

Future?
I can see into the future.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 04:18:39 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?
I will never make a serious run for the position again.

I think.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?

I think.

When have you?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?

I think.

When have you?
A long time ago. Look it up. I thought you knew everything.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies