Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:18:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs)  (Read 5704 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: September 12, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »

This hearing is called to order.

Senators are encouraged to debate the qualities of the nominee and ask him questions.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:08:41 AM »

Maybe both these things are important to him?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »

I would politely request this confirmation hearing center around the merits of former President Wixted and his ability to serve in the position, and not the merits of MasterJedi, as the latter should not be relevant here.
There is no debate about the merits of former PPT Wixted, simply because everybody agrees that future President Wixted is amply able and qualified for the position.

As to whether MasterJedi is relevant here, I respectfully disagree. AFAIK -

You must be logged in to read this quote.

MasterJedi has neither been sacked effective immediately, nor resigned, and is therefore still in office. The Senate is therefore asked, vote not on the filling of a vacancy, but on replacing MasterJedi with Colin. To pretend otherwise and pass the blame is IMHO a wee bit cowardly. (No, I'm not sore anymore. I just haven't changed my view.) Obviously, if Jedi resigned or were sacked outright by the President, this would change.

That said, I fully intend to vote Aye on the matter anyhow - simply because I do, indeed, prefer to have Colin instead of MasterJedi as my SoEA.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 04:04:54 PM »

I would politely request this confirmation hearing center around the merits of former President Wixted and his ability to serve in the position, and not the merits of MasterJedi, as the latter should not be relevant here.
There is no debate about the merits of former PPT Wixted, simply because everybody agrees that future President Wixted is amply able and qualified for the position.

Future?
I can see into the future.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 04:24:56 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?
I will never make a serious run for the position again.

I think.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 04:28:00 PM »

Future?

Will you be President?
I will never make a serious run for the position again.

I think.

When have you?
A long time ago. Look it up. I thought you knew everything.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 11:23:14 AM »

Debate having halted for more than 24 hours (and the maximum 72 hours for these things being almost through anyhow) I call for a vote.

The vote is on confirmation.
Please vote aye, nay or abstain.

Aye.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:09 AM »

With 6 ayes and one abstention, Colin Wixted has been confirmed by the Senate of Atlasia as Secretary of External Affairs.

Congratulations.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies