Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:48:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Colin Wixted (Secretary of External Affairs)  (Read 5654 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 13, 2008, 02:59:38 PM »

I would politely request this confirmation hearing center around the merits of former President Wixted and his ability to serve in the position, and not the merits of MasterJedi, as the latter should not be relevant here.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »

Alright, I'm not going to vote against the nomination.  However, I am not going to vote for it.  I think Colin is more than qualified (in fact overly qualfied for a position where qualifications are unnecessary).  I still don't like the fact that MasterJedi is being replaced, I feel that if Moderate wanted to replace Jedi, he could have reached across the aisle again instead of appointing a fellow NLCer.  His administration has done a great job of working with everyone, but I fear that BrandonH may be out the door next.  For that reason I will be abstaining on this matter.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I assure you that I have no plans on replacing Brandon as AG.  And before you cry partisanship, ColinW would actually be the first and only NLCer that I've nominated to anything during my tenure as President.

Besides, this isn't about keeping a cabinet seat in the hands of one party or another.  This is about finding the best person for the job, and I strongly feel that of the choices immediately available to me, Colin Wixted best fits the bill.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies