Icing on the Cake
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:50:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Icing on the Cake
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Icing on the Cake  (Read 7688 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »

I don't have a candidate.  but I would enjoy watching Obama lose the PV and win the election.

better hope the opposite doesn't happen or we might have a repeat of Los Angeles 1992 in various parts of the nation.

nah, nobody really cares

I give it a 50/50 chance of happening. It would be pretty funny to see Los Angeles '92 happening in Seattle, San Fransico, Las Vegas, Albuqueque, Denver, Minneanapolis, Det-riot Tongue, New York, Boston, Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Miami and Philidelphia on November 5...or better yet... January 20. McCain's first speech as president will be that "Martial Law in Working". Tongue
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

I don't have a candidate.  but I would enjoy watching Obama lose the PV and win the election.

better hope the opposite doesn't happen or we might have a repeat of Los Angeles 1992 in various parts of the nation.

nah, nobody really cares

I give it a 50/50 chance of happening. It would be pretty funny to see Los Angeles '92 happening in Seattle, San Fransico, Las Vegas, Albuqueque, Denver, Minneanapolis, Det-riot Tongue, New York, Boston, Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Miami and Philidelphia on November 5...or better yet... January 20. McCain's first speech as president will be that "Martial Law in Working". Tongue

I think we're going to have some serious racial tensions regardless of who wins. It's something that I worry about.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 06:15:49 PM »

Nader winning would be icing enough.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 06:49:31 PM »

nah, nobody really cares

I think we're going to have some serious racial tensions regardless of who wins. It's something that I worry about.

There are going to be racial tensions if Obama wins? Or do you mean only in the case that he loses the PV but wins the EV?
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2008, 02:01:12 AM »

Assuming your candidate wins, what would be the icing on the cake for you?

McCain winning, too.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 02:15:11 AM »

nah, nobody really cares

There are going to be racial tensions if Obama wins? Or do you mean only in the case that he loses the PV but wins the EV?

I also think there'll be racial tensions regardless of who wins - if Obama loses, it'll be like the LA riots, if he wins, it will be some racist nut with armed with a gun, from the backwoods of somewhere I haven't even heard of.
JWHart

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -5.74

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »

Obama winning either Indiana (where I've been canvassing) or Florida (my once-home state).
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 06:34:35 PM »

Winning additional states that put a candidate far over 270 gets you absolutely nothing.  I would hardly call it icing on the cake.  Icing on the cake would be picking up extra House or Senate seats. 
JohnCA246
mokbubble

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 09:18:51 PM »

OHIO. Young people showing up to vote. People looking beyond race and voting for the candidate that represents their philosophy.  The latter goes both ways.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 10:33:10 PM »

Winning Virginia.

Taking Florida would make me positively orgasmic but I'm trying to be realistic here.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 07:50:27 PM »

Of course, for me, the greatest thing of all would be Virginia being the state that puts him over 270.  I'd really love that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 10:07:37 PM »

A nine-seat gain in the Senate. Alternatively, 400+ EV.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »

146 sane members of the House or 34 sane members of the Senate so that far right-wing agenda can be stopped if Obama vetoes it.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 10:20:25 PM »

IN personally.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »

All of that plus Lieberman in the Cabinet would leave the Dems with only 52 seats in the Senate.

I hadn't really focused on the consequences of a possible Lieberman appointment.  If Rell were to appoint a Republican, that person would surely lose in 2010 since I really can't think of a single CT GOPer other than her who could win a statewide race these days, whereas it would be 2012 before Lieberman could be challenged again.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 11:15:03 PM »

Obama winning Virginia. That alone would make me extremely happy.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2008, 08:29:22 AM »

Kravotil beating Harris for Gilchrest's seat in Congress.  Then we will be one seat away from a Democratic sweep here.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 05:51:23 PM »

Actually for me, EDIT:

Keeping Obama under 300 EVs.
Not letting Kay Hagan go to Washington.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91