Icing on the Cake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:29:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Icing on the Cake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Icing on the Cake  (Read 7743 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: September 14, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »

McCain winning PA. I could have so much fun with some of you guys...  Wink

Since I already think that this will happen, the real icing on the cake would be if the GOP somehow managed to win the Senate races in Colorado, New Hampshire and Louisiana and the Dems only picked up Virginia, New Mexico and Alaska. All of that plus Lieberman in the Cabinet would leave the Dems with only 52 seats in the Senate. Talk about avoiding the nightmare scenario (for the GOP) that we've all been expecting...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »

Obama winning the EV without the popular vote. Just to hear Republicans complain about the Electoral College for a while.

That's the way it goes sometimes. I'd be yelling just as loud as you guys for them to shut up.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »

Obama winning the EV without the popular vote. Just to hear Republicans complain about the Electoral College for a while.

That's the way it goes sometimes. I'd be yelling just as loud as you guys for them to shut up.

We'll see on November 5 Wink

Just telling you how I'll act. Will it sting? Absolutely. Does that mean Obama suddenly isn't really the President? No. Does it mean that the system should be abolished because my guy lost? No.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »

I don't have a candidate.  but I would enjoy watching Obama lose the PV and win the election.

better hope the opposite doesn't happen or we might have a repeat of Los Angeles 1992 in various parts of the nation.

nah, nobody really cares

I give it a 50/50 chance of happening. It would be pretty funny to see Los Angeles '92 happening in Seattle, San Fransico, Las Vegas, Albuqueque, Denver, Minneanapolis, Det-riot Tongue, New York, Boston, Washington-Baltimore-Arlington, Atlanta, St. Louis, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Miami and Philidelphia on November 5...or better yet... January 20. McCain's first speech as president will be that "Martial Law in Working". Tongue

I think we're going to have some serious racial tensions regardless of who wins. It's something that I worry about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies