Which LOTR character are you?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:23:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which LOTR character are you?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which LOTR character are you?  (Read 6169 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:49:30 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2004, 12:09:06 AM by supersoulty »

This is just a fun topic of disscussion.  My question is which LOTR character are you most like or who would you want to be?

The answer for me is definatly Sam.

Here is a test is you want to see for yourself.

http://www.hobbitlore.com/main.php

There is a good test on this site.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 10:54:20 PM »

I've taken a million of these tests.  For good guys I'm always Gandalf, and for villians I'm always Saruman.  So pretty much I'm an Istari.

This is an acctual personality test that matches your personality to a LOTR character.  It's good, but if you still come out as Gandalf then that's good, it just means that you are the wise old man of the group.  Must be cool to live for thousands of years.  Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:55:07 PM »

I've taken a million of these tests.  For good guys I'm always Gandalf, and for villians I'm always Saruman.  So pretty much I'm an Istari.

This is an acctual personality test that matches your personality to a LOTR character.  It's good, but if you still come out as Gandalf then that's good, it just means that you are the wise old man of the group.  Must be cool to live for thousands of years.  Smiley
The link seems not to work well.

I know.  It is right though.  I checked.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 12:09:37 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2004, 12:10:29 AM by supersoulty »

http://www.hobbitlore.com/main.php

Add, the .php to yours and it'll work like this one does.  I took the test and got Gimli btw, I didn't think the test was long enough to correctly establish a person though.  I'll start searching for the ones I took a few months back, and I'll see if I can post them here.

It works.  Thanks
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 12:39:30 AM »

I would want to be like Sam....but I took the test...and they categorized me as Frodo. Hmmph
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 12:42:22 AM »

I would want to be like Sam....but I took the test...and they categorized me as Frodo. Hmmph

So the presidential candidate is Sam and the VP is Frodo.  Interesting combination.  You know what is the funny thing though, I always looked at Sam as being the most heroic person in the story.
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 01:06:02 AM »

So the presidential candidate is Sam and the VP is Frodo.  Interesting combination.  You know what is the funny thing though, I always looked at Sam as being the most heroic person in the story.

Me too. Sam is the ultimate form of what a HERO and above all.....a TRUE friend....is...in not only literature...but now film.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 10:27:06 AM »

You mean... YOUR MY DADDY?!?!?  NO!!!!!!!!  Wink
NHPolitico

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 10:46:50 AM »

Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Thoroughly dependable, Faramir is loyal to his father. He keeps a watchful eye on the east border of Gondor.

You are earnest and attentive to details. You tend to trust authority and seek security. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

As Sam says:"I have something to do before the end. I must see it through, sir, if you understand."

Traits: Dependable, beneficient, usually living in the past. On the dark side you could be a hoarder.

TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 01:04:19 PM »

You are

Gimli, Son of Gloin

Gimli engages in a friendly slaying competition with Legolas, showing his mastery of his instrument of choice, the axe.
You are good with tools and instruments. You are not shy at telling others what to do. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

Like Boromir, you are not content to sit on the sidelines while the action takes place around you.

Traits: Open minded, easy going, persuassive, optimistic about the future. On the dark side you could be exploitative and an opportunist
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 01:19:47 PM »

You are most like
The Dwarves

As the halls of Moria show, Dwarves like building and inventing.
Curiosity is one of your strong points as it allows you to think of better ways to acheive goals. You may try to outwit the system of you get bored or annoyed with it. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination

I am a little bit surprised, but not displeased, I always had a fondness for the dwarves... Smiley

Sam is heroic, I'd agree to that. He is the most 'Hobbity' character, and I love the Hobbits. Smiley
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2004, 03:27:20 PM »

You are most like
Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Thoroughly dependable, Faramir is loyal to his father. He keeps a watchful eye on the east border of Gondor.
You are earnest and attentive to details. You tend to trust authority and seek security. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have good observational skills. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You try to schedule your life as much as possible. You tend to finish your work before resting.

As Sam says:"I have something to do before the end. I must see it through, sir, if you understand."

Traits: Dependable, beneficient, usually living in the past. On the dark side you could be a hoarder.

Well I'm not sure can I identify myself in the description. I am definitely not remote or "heartless" person. I am very social one with good will.

But Faramir is cool guy that I can live with it.  
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 08:07:54 PM »

Aragorn (Stryder) Son of Arathorn

BUMP Cheesy
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 08:20:33 PM »

Beregond, lord of the Citidel
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 09:34:45 PM »

Like Gustaf, I came up with The Dwarves. My wife matched Eowyn of Rohan.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 09:44:22 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2005, 09:47:06 PM by Proud Liberal »

You are most like Frodo Baggins, Son of Drogo

With many acquaitenances, Frodo is deeply attached to a few people, like Bilbo, Aragorn, Gandalf, and Sam. His high ethics come out in his treatment of Gollum and Saruman. Frodo has pity on Gollum and believes that change can occur.

You have a strong personal morality. You are committed to relationships and their growth. You tend to be an idealist, believing the best of the world around you. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. While providing compassion and being considerate, you may have the tendency of being soft-hearted or even "too emotional" You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

The Orcs display the evil side of this personality with their lengthy torture methods.

Traits: Empathic, benevolent, looking to the future. On the dark side you could be sadistic.

from this time on, you all can call me Frodo........

John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 09:48:57 PM »

You are most like
The Dwarves

The world exists to be explained and analyzed. You prefer to work quietly without interruption. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

As the foil to Aragorn, Sauron clearly embodies the evil side of this personality.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.

Sounds about right.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »

Interesting. I hadn't expected that the details of the analysis would vary for a given category. Note Gustaf's and Dibble's versions:

You are most like
The Dwarves

Curiosity is one of your strong points as it allows you to think of better ways to acheive goals. You may try to outwit the system of you get bored or annoyed with it. Social interaction energizes you. The more people the merrier. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination

You are most like
The Dwarves

The world exists to be explained and analyzed. You prefer to work quietly without interruption. Time alone is important and solitary activities refresh you. You have a tendency to introspection. In your desire for clarity in life, you may have the tendency of being remote or even "heartless". You like keeping your options open. Closure is probably not one of your strong suits.

Traits: Pragmatic, autonomous, ingenious, resolute. On the dark side you could desire power and domination.

The test appears to create a profile first based on the users' responses. Then it labels the profile with the best match from its inventory of LOTR characters. In this case two different profiles both come up with The Dwarves. Mine matched Gustaf's.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2005, 10:22:46 PM »

Meriadoc (Merry) Brandybuck
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »

Mine said The Dwarves, but personally I think I’m most like Radagast the Brown, altho I would wish to be more like Glorfindel.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2005, 10:39:14 PM »

Faramir
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2005, 10:45:39 PM »

The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2005, 11:24:26 PM »

I got Aragorn, but honestly I think I'm amix of him and Gandalf.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2005, 01:45:16 AM »
« Edited: February 20, 2005, 01:47:23 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

Ha, this is ancent thread.  I retook the test and got Frodo.

To be honest, though, I think I'm proably more like either Faramir or Theoden.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies