Diplomacy Registration and Administration Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:19:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Diplomacy Registration and Administration Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Diplomacy Registration and Administration Thread  (Read 24936 times)
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 05:00:13 PM »

OK, let me know when this starts, please.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 10:52:25 PM »

The wife doesn't understand the importance of Diplomacy?

It's not so much her not understanding the importance of diplomacy, but I think there'll be other things on my mind during the honeymoon, and the week before the wedding's likely to be quite busy. Tongue

You really need to set your priorities straight, mate. Diplomacy>wedding.

Hehehe, I've got those priorities sorted, don't you worry about that! I was more letting people know of this before it arises as a problem along the lines of "hey guys, forgot to tell you, but I've gotta put this on ice for a couple of weeks, be back soon!"

According to my notes, from what I can see, there are presently 9 players interested in being involved with a new game (in alphabetic order):
Erc, Gustaf, Happy Warrior, Jas, Lewis, Lunar, Mikado, Silent Hunter, Verin.

Since Verin only played one or two turns after taking over from Germany's civil disorder, I'll count him as having not played in this round. Silent Hunter likewise didn't play this game. Lunar joined in part-way through, when the nation he was taking over was in a strong position, so I'm leaning towards counting him as having played this game because the number of turns was a substantial proportion of this game, likewise Gustaf. I'm going to consider Happy Warrior a previous player who didn't participate in this game because he missed the first turn, at which point Jas took over from him. I think the last game where Happy missed the first turn was an exception and atypical of him, so I'm pleased to include him again.

Hopefully we can find an additional five players and have a second game, unless there are two people who would prefer to sit out the next game, or a couple of people willing to play in both games. Muon, I'm sure you'll read this sometime tonight - we'd love to have you play if you're interested. Otherwise I'll have to use my precedence system, which will be influenced by how to treat Gustaf and Lunar in relation to finishing order.

The order of precedence for the next game is (as I mentioned in a previous post):
1. Anyone who has not yet played in a game adjudicated by me.
2. The winner of the game just finished
3. Any previous players who did not play the last game
4. Surviving players of the last game, in order in which they finished based on number of SCs
5. Non-surviving players in the order they were eliminated.

In the event of a tie, I'll count no player as the winner of the game just finished (point 2) but rank all surviving (tying) players according to point 4. This means that someone with the most SCs, but not 18, will have to decide if they should push on for the win to reach position 2 on my rankings, or whether that is likely to see their number of SCs slip in the game and see someone else beat them in position four if the game is later tied.

Thanks for the invite, but at least through May my other activities could keep me from actively engaging in critical weeks of discussion. Real diplomacy overrules net diplomacy. Wink

However, if you need a break this summer for your wedding I would likely be available as a fill in for judge.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »

Thanks for the invite, but at least through May my other activities could keep me from actively engaging in critical weeks of discussion. Real diplomacy overrules net diplomacy. Wink

However, if you need a break this summer for your wedding I would likely be available as a fill in for judge.

Thanks for the offer of helping me out during those few weeks in June. It will be most appreciated!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »

Ever ready to play. If we're to try a variant, Crystal Ball sounds fascinating. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 06:21:26 AM »

I disagree that my position was strong when I left, so, joking aside, Lunar should clearly be favoured over me in the order here. Taking over in mid-game is always troubling and he handled it well enough.

I also generally believe in punishing people for leaving the game prematurely, but if Happy Warrior is getting off this easily I'm not going to demand it for myself. Wink
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 06:34:37 AM »

I disagree that my position was strong when I left, so, joking aside, Lunar should clearly be favoured over me in the order here. Taking over in mid-game is always troubling and he handled it well enough.

I also generally believe in punishing people for leaving the game prematurely, but if Happy Warrior is getting off this easily I'm not going to demand it for myself. Wink
You left only after a successor had been appointed - indeed you two once sent in dual build orders as you weren't clear whether the transition in power had already happened - so I don't think the two situations are comparable.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »

I'm in line, but I expect that there are enough people ahead of me that I shouldn't bother.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »

I'm in line, but I expect that there are enough people ahead of me that I shouldn't bother.
Well what did you survive the game for if you're not to be in the next one!?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »

Well what did you survive the game for if you're not to be in the next one!?

Like I said, I'm in line.  If I get it, I get it.  However, I doubt that my tied-for-third finish will get me a spot, as only three new players would bump me.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »

Actually you got 4th since I had two supply centers Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2009, 12:14:10 AM »

I'm in like Flynn.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 09:15:09 AM »
« Edited: February 26, 2009, 10:11:42 PM by Smid »

Okay, the first few spots will be filled by:

1. Verin
2. Silent Hunter
3. Dead0man
4. Jas
5. Happy Warrior
6. Lewis
7. Edit - Lunar

The final spot obviously will be based on my decision regarding Gustaf and Lunar. I have PM'd them both to outline my thoughts and hear their arguments regarding my decision.

I will fill the seventh spot in the next couple of days after hearing from them. I will randomly allocate nations the same way as last time (by sticking bits of paper in a pocket and pulling them out one by one) and will advise who shall play which power at the same time as I advise who shall fill the final spot. I will also create a new game thread at that same time.

Orders will be submitted as per the last game - by PM to me by the weekend (so long as you submit them by Friday night your time, you'll be right. I'll adjudicate Sunday my time). As before, I will be strictest in the early turns so bad habits don't form too early - so proofread your orders before submitting them and make sure they're in on time. I'm happy to provide rule clarifications midweek via PM or in the thread itself (via PM if the question gives away your plans, in the thread itself if not), again, this is the same as last game.

I'm sorry Mikado and Erc (and whoever of Lunar and Gustaf isn't in) that you're not in this round, but you'll have precedence in the next game (after new players and the winner of this game). I'll start a new game for you as soon as there is enough interest (and I'll actively pursue new players, so hopefully that will be soon). If anyone thinks they can not get too confused playing in two games, we might be able to get it started a little earlier, too.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2009, 12:29:33 PM »

Ooh, variants!  Plz! Smiley
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »

OK, thanks for that.

Keep me informed.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 12:44:24 PM »

If anyone thinks they can not get too confused playing in two games, we might be able to get it started a little earlier, too.
If one is the original and the other an interesting variant, I'd be up to try playing in two games at once. Otherwise, no.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »

If anyone thinks they can not get too confused playing in two games, we might be able to get it started a little earlier, too.
If one is the original and the other an interesting variant, I'd be up to try playing in two games at once. Otherwise, no.

^^^
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2009, 02:48:35 PM »

I'm sorry Mikado and Erc (and whoever of Lunar and Gustaf isn't in) that you're not in this round, but you'll have precedence in the next game (after new players and the winner of this game). I'll start a new game for you as soon as there is enough interest (and I'll actively pursue new players, so hopefully that will be soon). If anyone thinks they can not get too confused playing in two games, we might be able to get it started a little earlier, too.

No need to be sorry.  I expect that this game should be quite entertaining.

And, yes, if you set up a variant, that'd be quite interesting.  I found this fascinating page a few months ago: http://www.diplom.org/Online/maps.html  In particular, this variant looks fascinating: http://www.xcelco.on.ca/~ravgames/dipmaps/britain_ra.gif  Every space on Great Britain starts off an SC, but it starts off with all armies, making an early alliance with France or Germany crucial.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2009, 07:22:11 PM »

I'd kind of had that thought when I floated the earlier question about variants last week. I've spoken with Gustaf and Lunar and Lunar will be beginning in this game. I will be drawing nations shortly and update my previous post this afternoon to reflect this.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »

If it's Austria I'll let Gustaf play Smiley

(just joking). 

Well if this is the case I look forward to working pleasantly with all y'all who are playing and everyone will be hearing more from me once I figure out what my country is.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 10:46:19 PM »

Sorry if you're already on the mailing list of the Diplomacy World e-zine. I received an email that the latest edition is out and available for download here:

http://www.diplomacyworld.net/

The issue itself is in pdf format here:

http://www.diplomacyworld.net/pdf/dw105.pdf
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »

Thanks.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2009, 05:15:11 AM »

With current discussions about possibly drawing in the current game or speeding the process up to move towards a fresh game, I thought it might be time to bump this thread.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2009, 06:43:50 AM »

I'll sit the next one out. Unless it's some tempting variant. Smiley
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »

I would like to play if I may. But I figure I would be far down the list at this stage.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2009, 10:37:14 AM »

Given that the school year has started for me again, I'll sit this one out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies