honest question for mccain suporters.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:35:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  honest question for mccain suporters.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: honest question for mccain suporters.  (Read 2764 times)
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:30:16 AM »

seeing as there is at least a 50/50 chance that Obama win the presidency, there are a lot of
people who think Obama is a secret Muslim or a Black Nationalist, I have talked to some
 people who think that if we elect Obama it will be the end of America or that if
Obama wins he will make everyone where traditional Muslim dress,  there are even
some crazy people who think obama is the Anti Christ.

My question is how are you going to react if obama is elected the 44th president the
united states.

keep in mind I think most Mccain supporter's are decent honorable  people that will probably
just be disappointed that there candidate lost and move on with there lives, but I think there
is an extremist element out there how are these people going to react to an Obama
administration. I don't know what some of these people are capable of.

I want to hear your thoughts on my little rant here.       
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:34:06 AM »

I would be disappointed, in the sense that I disagree with Obama nearly across the board on the issues.  I guess I'd just have to move on for 4 years, and hope for gains for the GOP in congress.

There wouldn't be much I could do otherwise. 
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 01:33:47 AM »

In they back of my head I know that Sen. McCain will not win, everything is going against him, and if he does win I will be very shocked. That said, when Sen. Obama wins all we can do is just move on and look toward 2012, where I would want Gov. Sarah Palin to run and would be a very big supporter in the primary season.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 01:36:52 AM »

Rudy '12
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 01:55:58 AM »

If Obama wins...

It won't at all be the end of the world, with a lot of sadness I expect him to be overwhelmed by the powers that be, bogging down his plans considerably. However, the man has a lot of potential to be a great leader, and a great compromiser, I would personally enjoy seeing a black American be able to lead this country through what are going to doubtlessly be difficult times. I can't say I agree with any of his platform, but I know his platform and what's going to need to be done in the next four years are two different things. I assume he has no real intentions of gutting capitalism or the military, those are just impossible to swallow by the electorate, and he's not looking to commit suicide.

If he were to be elected, I wouldn't want him to succeed in the far left items in his plan, but I surely wouldn't want him to mire in the dirt and loathing surrounding the West at the current time. I would be proud to have him as President, because when I watch him I know I see a man who wants to do well for his country, a man who's had to bow down to extremists in his party but wants to set his own agenda, and to provide a strong center left voice that hasn't been seen since JFK or FDR.

My party needs reform, I see any losses we sustain in November a just punishment, good luck to either him or McCain.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 02:03:55 AM »

The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 02:05:30 AM »

Guys, I supported Rudy in the primaries, just.... no....
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 02:06:52 AM »

A guy who last held office 11 years ago, spent $60 million to win one delegate and not a single county and was already too out of the mainstream on his party on key issues and couldn't overcome that now is not going to win it guys in 2012. Seriously.
Rococo4

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 02:08:49 AM »

id be disapointed, but that is life.  move on and try to win next time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 02:12:50 AM »

A guy who last held office 11 years ago, spent $60 million to win one delegate and not a single county and was already too out of the mainstream on his party on key issues and couldn't overcome that now is not going to win it guys in 2012. Seriously.

Who else should we nominate? If McCain can't win it now, anyone else would lose in a 40+ state landslide come 2012. If McCain loses in 2008, Giuliani would be our last, best hope of winning in 2012. Take from that what you will.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 02:13:44 AM »

Who else should we nominate? If McCain can't win it now, anyone else would lose in a 40+ state landslide come 2012. If McCain loses in 2008, Giuliani would be our last, best hope of winning in 2012. Take from that what you will.

Oh, man, we'd have a field day with all of Guiliani's skeletons.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 02:19:36 AM »

Yes. McCain and Giuliani are obviously the only two Republicans capable of running for President.
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 03:16:34 AM »

If Obama wins, I'll look forward to the Republicans (hopefully under new leadership) retaking Congress.  Pelosi and Reid are doing such a lousy job, I don't think it would take very long.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 03:35:04 AM »

I'd be disappointed for McCain's sake, quite a bit. But Obama would be an improvement on the current president and it could do a lot for America's image. So it wouldn't be too bad for me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 08:05:37 AM »

I won't lose much sleep over it.  I'll feel bad for McCain, he's a decent, honorable guy.

Obama will have to slide right somewhat if he wants to get anything done, so the far far left stuff he wants to do will be more middle of the road when it reached his desk.

Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:39 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2008, 08:24:48 AM by brittain33 »

There are more Republicans in the pipeline, although I suspect Romney will be viewed as a strong candidate. Mark Sanford comes to mind. Tim Pawlenty may be, depending on how successful he is attracting press in his lame duck years as governor. It's awkward that the benches are pretty empty in the Midwest and even the West.

I have a feeling that if McCain loses, a LOT of the blame will fall on Palin from outside the SoCon base, and she'll be as divisive in the long run as Huckabee. Or as Quayle would have been, if he'd ever drawn mass support for his reinvention as the social conservative leader of the party in the early 90s.
KeyKeeper
Turner22
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 2.09

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2008, 08:41:59 AM »

There are more Republicans in the pipeline, although I suspect Romney will be viewed as a strong candidate. Mark Sanford comes to mind. Tim Pawlenty may be, depending on how successful he is attracting press in his lame duck years as governor. It's awkward that the benches are pretty empty in the Midwest and even the West.

I have a feeling that if McCain loses, a LOT of the blame will fall on Palin from outside the SoCon base, and she'll be as divisive in the long run as Huckabee. Or as Quayle would have been, if he'd ever drawn mass support for his reinvention as the social conservative leader of the party in the early 90s.

I don't think blame will fall on Gov. Palin, they fact that it is a Democratic year and Sen. McCain is holding his own is great.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »

I'd be very disappointed and irritated. However, I have told myself that I cannot act as unreasonable as some of the Bush haters have acted over these last eight years. I would try my hardest not to criticize Obama over the little things. That being said, since I can't imagine approving of his policies, I'd eagerly await for 2010 and 2012 and make sure the GOP scores plenty of victories.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 08:52:23 AM »

However, I have told myself that I cannot act as unreasonable as some of the Bush haters have acted over these last eight years.

Smiley

It's interesting to see the commentary from people who are too young to remember the Clinton years. Conversely, I'm sure there are Republicans who smile at those like me who don't remember the Nixon years or were too young to see Iran-Contra as a reason to get revenge with unlimited independent counsel investigations.

If Obama outright steals the election, I'd be surprised if people don't have a hard time accepting him and his agenda implemented in full.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 08:58:17 AM »

If Obama outright steals the election, I'd be surprised if people don't have a hard time accepting him and his agenda implemented in full.

Obama can't "steal" the election, and candidly, aside from those who are racist, I don't hear anyone comparing Obama the person to Bubba the person.  The two are nothing alike.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

I'm undecided now, but I would be happy with either candidate as president.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2008, 09:13:06 AM by brittain33 »

Obama can't "steal" the election,

Yes, and that gives me hope there will be acceptance should he win that eluded Bill Clinton.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Of course... the point is that for someone below a certain age to hold the idea of the opposing party's supporters being consumed with irrational rage and introducing that to the political dynamic is, well, cute. It's been going on forever. For me, being older than Phil but younger than most political observers, I was shocked and insulted by how Clinton was treated from the moment he was sworn in and for years afterwards by the Clinton haters. I didn't know how much of that was payback for Lawrence Walsh and Nixon, or further back, for the cultural battles of the 1960s, which were long before I was born and not a reason to hold *my* presidential terms hostage.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:20 AM »

Wishful thinking.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 09:30:15 AM »

Wishful thinking.

Ha ha. Wishful thinking in that she'd be a bad candidate in 2012, or that people would blame her if they lose?

There's certainly wishful thinking in the premise of McCain losing, but that is the basis for the thread...
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:06 AM »

Wishful thinking.

Ha ha. Wishful thinking in that she'd be a bad candidate in 2012, or that people would blame her if they lose?

There's certainly wishful thinking in the premise of McCain losing, but that is the basis for the thread...

In the sense that people (i.e. Republicans) would blame her if they lose.  Also, after 1988, Quayle had no chance of being anything, not even a *community organizer*, much less a leader.  I remember vividly just how *bad* he was, and I was only 8 - but you can even tell bad at eight years old.  Tongue

This is one of those situations where you're letting your opinion of the person cloud your judgment.  I do it myself sometimes, so I understand.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies