1992: The Election of H. Ross Perot (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  1992: The Election of H. Ross Perot (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1992: The Election of H. Ross Perot  (Read 69386 times)
Historico
United States

« on: December 06, 2008, 11:00:24 PM »

Any chance of this TL, being continued, I found it to be utterly fascinating
Historico
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »

Great Reply, I can wait to see how the elections turn out...Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 12:46:58 AM »

Hmm, a President Nunn after the election went to the house is a very interesting a touch. It will be very interesting to see how effective he is at governing as a minority president as well as the first Democrat to "win" the Presidency in twenty years. Also, it seems that we truly have an bipartisan cabinent, how will that play in the future conflicts to come...Keep it comming.
Historico
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »

So when's the next update due?
Historico
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:54:30 PM »

Hmm, Good Installment can't wait to see how Nunn,Boren, Powell and Albright team due in the face of the Kosovo Crisis, and Bin Laden's attack on the Cole...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:38:25 PM »

Any updates on TTL or is it offically on Ice lol?
Historico
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 08:43:55 PM »

Great installment Andy; Its good to see this old timeline back up again and running...Maybe you should think about moving the thread to the Election What-If's as thats where a majority of the actual timelines are held, and you probablly get some more replies that away. Anways...Having Powell killed really does make things interesting, as the Powell Strategy that was so "successful" in OTL's first Gulf War probably wont be implemented again. With an earlier Iraq war, this could radically shape the outlook of the 2000 election...Can't wait to see which Republicans and Reform Coalitioners through their hat into the race in '99. Also can we get an indepth look at Nunn's cabinet?
Historico
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:50:43 PM »

Hmm, Im suprised ol slick willie wouldn't resign in the face of the impeachment trial...This will probably end any chance of Hillary of winning office in her own right. JFK Jr for his late uncle's New York Senate Seat in 2000 perhaps?
Historico
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 07:24:20 PM »

So was the coalition expanded into Afgahnistan, or was that a sole American operation? Also I assume Saddam will eventually be captured and tried for war crimes. After the successful operation, I assume that Nunn's approval ratings will remain pretty high as well as the economy should be faring simmilar to that of OTL, so it will be interesting to see how the GOP and the Reform coalition parties run against such a popular president
Historico
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »

Solid Installment...Looks like Nunn has his reelection ticket in the bag now.
Historico
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »

Hmm...Forbes vs. Bush in the primaries should be pretty interesting. I think Ann Richards,Douglas Wilder or possibly one of the Kennedy kids would all be strong choices for Nunn's running mate, that's if he doesn't stick with Boren...Why didn't McCain or Liddy Dole jump into the race? Also why didn't Ron Paul run for the Texas Governership with the popularity of the Reform Coalition? and as always Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

Hmm...A Nunn/Kennedy ticket, I didn't see that one coming...It be nice to a Kennedy back in the white house. the Bush/Dole ticket is a strong Conservative Ticket but with the popularity of Jesse Ventura it will probably reduce them to gaining only the Southern States in the electoral college. Itll be interesting to see how the atl 2000 turns out...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

Wow that was a great Installment about the 2000 Election, I loved the refrence to Liddy's Atheist claims about Hagan in OTL 2008 Senatorial Race. With such a strong showing in the 2000 race, Liddy would be the frontrunner in 2004 and Nader for the Reform Coalition as well.  Can't wait to see how "Taiwan Sam" will handle to the Al-queda Attacks(if there is to be some)...Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 01:03:33 AM »

It will be interesting to see what happens in TTL's War on Terror and if Nunn is able to pass an alternate version of the PATRIOT ACT.
Historico
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 02:22:50 PM »

Nice Installment, seems like Afghanistan might be actually somewhat "winnable" in TTL, and we might actually get Osama. I like where this headed and Keep It Comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 11:03:50 PM »

Hmmm...Passage of the "Farm" Act will probably weaken the Reform Party's strength in the midwest region especially in time for the 2002 Senatorial and 2004 Presidential elections. It seems the early 2000's Economic recession might be a little while longer than it lasted ITOL. Keep it comming
Historico
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 05:43:33 PM »

Interesting Developments in your alt 2003...The Primary/Convention fight between Russo and Nader should be interesting to say the least...same for the McCain and Liddy. My bets would have to be John McCain with a Southern Conservative on the bottom of the ticket(Keyes, or Watts would be a good choice) would be able allow for the GOP to become competetive in the Mountain West for the 1st time in a long time. It should be interesting how the race turns out.
Historico
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »

Oh here comes the primaries...Governor Paul and Senator Perot Jr(Texas is awesome ITTL), the ensuing Nader vs Russo vs Beaty fight should be enough lol but all three parties seem to be pretty nasty fights. We must love the partisan age we live in.
Historico
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 09:11:42 AM »

Super tuesday seems to be rolling up pretty quickly...So I guess the question is will Johnny Boy be able to rap up the nomination with it(I doubt it) and it will probably be a long primary fight to the convention. To bad Buchanan's not running with the reform party, cuz he could probably assemble some electoral votes if McCain gets the eventual nod.
Historico
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »

Hmm....Vice President Kennedy should have the nomination pretty much sown up right now, can't wait to see who he picks for his running mate. I think Dole has a slim lead in Delegates, so the civil war continues...
Historico
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 10:23:43 AM »

Thanks for the maps Andy, It seems Liddy is outperforming Johnny Boy in the Midwest and in the South, but she really hasn't had any close states outside of those regions either, showing a clear divide with voters. McCain should be ahead in delegate totals since he picked up the big states of New York, Illinois, Florida, Ohio, and California.
Historico
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »

Why is Vice President Kennedy picking his running mate so early, I think its still tradition that you wait till as close as to the Convention as you can get. For example McCain had the nomination wrapped up by mid march, but didn't pick Paling till August IIRC. Especially as an sitting Vice President, he will probably take time to get back involved with the White House, Fundraise and clarify his message against the GOP. I am wondering who might McCain and Kennedy pick for their running mates though.
Historico
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 12:51:37 PM »

Why is Vice President Kennedy picking his running mate so early, I think its still tradition that you wait till as close as to the Convention as you can get. For example McCain had the nomination wrapped up by mid march, but didn't pick Paling till August IIRC. Especially as an sitting Vice President, he will probably take time to get back involved with the White House, Fundraise and clarify his message against the GOP. I am wondering who might McCain and Kennedy pick for their running mates though.
Okay I get that, how about June then since the Democratic Convention is in July?

That's cool, it wasn't a big deal I just though it was kinda early for a vp pick lol.
Historico
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 10:46:44 AM »

Kennedy/Gephardt vs. McCain/Watts(J.C. that is) lol
Historico
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »

Ok Weve got the Democratic ticket...Lets see what happens on the GOP and Reform ends.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies