Opinion of Scott Kleeb
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:39:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Scott Kleeb
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Well?
FF

HP

Bleh

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of Scott Kleeb  (Read 3623 times)
NDN
Uganda

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 20, 2008, 02:58:10 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Kleeb
http://www.scottkleeb.com/
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

Option 3.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:00:05 PM »

That wikipedia page isn't exactly enough to give you a fair opinion on the guy, bleh.

He's young, he has time to make a brand name for himself.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 12:01:23 PM »

That wikipedia page isn't exactly enough to give you a fair opinion on the guy, bleh.

He's young, he has time to make a brand name for himself.

Given his track record, it certainly won't be in politics.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 12:23:49 PM »

Eh, he's lost a house race and looks to be losing a senate race.  He still won both primaries.  It's hard to break into the scene as a Democrat in Nebraska, but once you do, you're probably in there for life, haha.  He's only 33 years old.  All modern sitting presidents have lost important races in their career, you have to go back as far as JFK to find someone that hasn't lost an election (and even he lost the convention election to be VP).

Kleeb is improving is chances in the future.  He knew he had no chance in Nebraska against a former, well-liked governor.  Both he and his opponent are running positive ads as far as I can tell, so he's just getting exposure and connections for his future.  I'm pretty sure that Kleeb is looking towards the future with this election.  I mean, Rendell had run for governor in PA, what, three times before he could win?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 12:57:11 PM »

Since there doesn't seem to be a Libertarian running for the seat, it's possible Kleeb will be the first Democrat I've voted for since 1992.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »

He seems like a young Ben Nelson, does that seem right?
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »

Probably too conservative for me.  But then, so is Evan Bayh.

Of course, if Bayh were on the Presidential ticket...I am sure he would be the 5th most liberal Senator in America according to one group or another.  LOL
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 05:07:39 AM »

A nice young man and a better potential president than Barack Obama.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:22:12 PM »

All modern sitting presidents have lost important races in their career, you have to go back as far as JFK to find someone that hasn't lost an election (and even he lost the convention election to be VP).

when has GWB lost?
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:56:35 PM »

Since there doesn't seem to be a Libertarian running for the seat, it's possible Kleeb will be the first Democrat I've voted for since 1992.

Johanns is too neo-con for you?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »

All modern sitting presidents have lost important races in their career, you have to go back as far as JFK to find someone that hasn't lost an election (and even he lost the convention election to be VP).

when has GWB lost?

1972 TX-19 House race.
perdedor

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

when has GWB lost?

1972 TX-19 House race.

1978, actually.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2008, 10:58:43 PM »

oops, typo.

Yeah he was 32 years old.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 11:07:33 PM »

wow, I didn't know that.  I thought he was just a drunk and failed oil man until he found Jesus in the 1980s.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 11:08:21 PM »

Johanns is too neo-con for you?
I don't really know what that means anymore.  It's been used as insult for so long it's now turned into a word like "liberal", it has no meaning.  It's just a term lefties use to paint anybody to the right of them as a "horrible person".

But he's certainly not libertarian enough for me.  I'm probably going to abstain on that vote (and the House vote too...sad).
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 08:07:55 PM »

FF. I don't know much about his views, but he must be a very good campaigner to be competitive in one of the most Republican districts in the country. While other Dems (Kerrey, Nelson) have gotten elected in Nebraska, Kleeb was an unknown prior to 2006.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
« Edited: October 18, 2008, 10:02:49 PM by Alcon »

FF. I don't know much about his views, but he must be a very good campaigner to be competitive in one of the most Republican districts in the country. While other Dems (Kerrey, Nelson) have gotten elected in Nebraska, Kleeb was an unknown prior to 2006.

He's got success, but a lot of his success came from his opponent being Adrian Smith, who was too economically conservative for NE-3.  Let me repeat that: too economically conservative for NE-3.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 09:44:16 PM »

He's got success, but a lot of his success came from his opponent being Adrian Smith, who was too economically conservative for NE-3.  Let me repeat that: too economically conservative for NE-2.

I was following along until you repeated it.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 10:05:19 PM »

He's got success, but a lot of his success came from his opponent being Adrian Smith, who was too economically conservative for NE-3.  Let me repeat that: too economically conservative for NE-2.

I'm not sure how tall Scott's Bluff actually is, but I hope it's enough to cause grave injury when I push you off of it.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »

I'm not sure how tall Scott's Bluff actually is, but I hope it's enough to cause grave injury when I push you off of it.

Smith wasn't too economically conservative for NE-03.  He was just in favor of eliminating farm subsidies.  Which works fairly well when you're in a CD that consists of farmers...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 10:39:26 PM »

Smith wasn't too economically conservative for NE-03.  He was just in favor of eliminating farm subsidies.  Which works fairly well when you're in a CD that consists of farmers...

He also had some CoG-friendly positions that I recall getting him in trouble (no?) but maybe that was a while ago.

In any case, his farm subsidy opposition was essentially economic conservativism (at least in that context) and is what made the race pseudocompetitive.  Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 02:57:34 AM »

It's plenty tall.  Keep an eye out for rattlers though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies