Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:12:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times.  (Read 3630 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 20, 2008, 05:40:25 PM »

Like jmfcst said, this is he-said-she-said.

But I would be surprised if she was not a creationist.

I would also say the people who are concerned she believes in the end times simply do not understand Christian theology.  If they udnerstoodthe theology, they would not be surprised or disturbed that a Christian might believe in the end times.

I would also say that the cultural elitism of Forum members is showing right now.  If Palin is a creationist, she is in a clear majority of Americans.

According to a CBS/New York Times Poll:
55% of Americans believe God created humans as they are
27% of Americans believe God guided the process of evolution
13% of Americans beieve evolution occurred naturally

So, only 13% of Americans believe in natural evolution, while 82% of Americans believe in some form of creationism.

Why is anyone surprised Palin is a creationist?  Most people in this country are.  Even the left's science guru Al Gore is an admitted creationist who wanted creationism taught in schools.

If 82% of Americans are creationists, then why are creationists voted off of school boards whenever they try to implement the teaching of creationism?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:48:31 AM »

If 82% of Americans are creationists, then why are creationists voted off of school boards whenever they try to implement the teaching of creationism?

That is a valid question, but the poll shows what it shows.  Also, this poll is national, and doesn't necessarily tell us what the numbers are in the particular school districts where the battles are being waged.

One explainaition may be that creationists don't always want their views taught in science class.  Palin, who I think is a creationist, has said creationism should not be in the school curriculum.  Is it really hard to believe that many creationists don't want their own religion taught as science even if they believe their religion is true?

the other thing is that believing that "God created humans as they are now" doesn't require one to believe that the Earth was created in seven days 6,000 years ago.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies