Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:54:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palin is a young earth creationist who believes that we are in the end times.  (Read 3627 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: September 20, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »

also, this is a he said she said thingy...why not wait to hear what palin thinks from palin herself?

I have to completely agree.

I am just as likely as any non-religious liberal to assign the "moonbat" label to those who are cheering on the apocalypse.  And I am a "religious".  It's one thing to say "I believe Jesus is coming again" and I hope it's soon.  It's quite another to say "I believe Jesus is coming again and I can't wait to see those who aren't true believers get what's coming to them".

But Jmcfst has it precisely right.  This is a conversation and what's more -- it's one reported by Salon.  I like Salon.  They are usually reliable.  But still, pretty far left of center.  We need to take this with a HUGE grain of salt. 

Sarah Palin should hold a series of press conferences and answer the questions that matter.  And tell the muckrakers who ask questions that don't matter -- to go soak their heads.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »

Young earth creationism is used as an excuse to oppose environmental protection.

This is OFTEN the case.  But even some YEC folks are changing their views on environmentalism.

They used to say, "The world is gonna burn up some day at the end of time and the Lord is gonna create a new earth."  (So I use their own theology on them.)

"Okay fine.  The world is going to burn up some day.  So are you.  And the Lord will give you a new body, right?  Well...I bet you still brush your teeth. "  In other words, you take care of what the good Lord has given you. You owe it to the Lord, to yourself and to those who depend on you.  It's no less applicable to our environment.

Of course, there's an even better response.  Psalm 26:1.  "The earth is the Lord's and everything that is in it."

To me, this means it's His.  It's not mine.  And if He entrusted me with it, I'd better not muck it up too badly. Those whales and polar bears may mean nothing to me.  But they belong to my Father. They are supposed to show forth His glory.  If they are dying out, and I've not tried to stop that, then I am helping to silence or elminate another created thing that supposedly shows how wonderful the creator is.

Anyway, those are a couple of counterarguments that I have found effective with some of the more sincere, devout YEC folk
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies