Why didnt I hear in 06 If you don't vote for Blackwell or Swann your racist?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:13:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Why didnt I hear in 06 If you don't vote for Blackwell or Swann your racist?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why didnt I hear in 06 If you don't vote for Blackwell or Swann your racist?  (Read 7919 times)
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:02:03 PM »

So it has already began As I suspected it would. Everywhere you look On Politico, on Yahoo's front page on real clearpolitics, People are whining are moaning that perhaps could lose because of racism. Everywhere on the blogs I frequent there is gnashing of teeth about how Obama should be doing much better in the polls  and the reason he isn't is because of race

Meanwhile as I walk Out the door and Get My Cleveland Plain dealer There is A big front page
story about How Mccain is up  48 to 42 in Ohio.. and they break the poll numbers down by race and get this Obama is up 98% to 0% among the black vote YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT MCCAIN IS POLLING 0% OF THE BLACK VOTE

Let Obama stand on his merits. Isn't that what Dr. King meant when he said "I dream of a time when a man will be judged on his character and not on the color of his skin." Why can't liberal diehards follow Dr. King's wishes? Or, do they think we should run an "affirmative action" election, discriminating against whites?

I already know what people responses are gonna be African Americans already Overwhelmingly go for the democrat..Fine Ill concede that point what about in the   Democratic primaries where you had 2 candidates very close on all the major issues  and you go into Phildeldelphia county An Obama gets 92% of the black vote can you people honestly tell me people were voting for Obama's health care plan

There is no doubt that people in every nationality are kinda clannish  and they tend to vote for their own folks and there is nothing wrong with  it is natural  I don't have a problem with
98% of the African American vote going for Obama because he is one of them, but I don't have a problem with white people saying you know what were going with Mccain because he
he is one of Us

With all  that said, if the race vote  provides McCain's margin of victory, I'll take the win. Who says a little evil can't be used to do some good. :-)

I'm not troubled by my position at all  because the same thing worked against my 2006 candidate for Governor of OH and Swann in PA and i didn't hear not ONE  democrat complaining about racism then
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:04:11 PM »

Who here has told you that if you don't vote for Obama, you're a racist?

One could argue that all else being equal, you'd for Obama, except that he is black... then you are racist.

But if you like McCain and want to vote for him, it certainly doesn't make you racist.  Anybody who uses that argument is pretty lame.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »

Someone clearly didn't do too well in English in elementary school.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 03:09:14 PM »

I haven't heard that supporting McCain makes one racist either. Then again, I live in a city where 85% of people support Obama, so I don't know how much that means. Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:42 PM »

Suck thread.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 03:12:11 PM »

I didn't know i was getting graded for a collage essay on here...I don't get paid for spelling i get paid for doing other things..and I get paid very well
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 03:14:01 PM »

Stop trolling and learn to spell.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 03:16:47 PM »

Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 03:17:15 PM »

I think you meant learn how to spell.

Before you lecture me learn how to form a correct sentence.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 03:18:07 PM »

So it has already began as I suspected it would. Everywhere you look, on Politico, on Yahoo's front page, on Real Clear Politics, people are whining, are moaning that perhaps Obama could lose because of racism. Everywhere on the blogs I frequent there is gnashing of teeth about how Obama should be doing much better in the polls and the reason he isn't is because of race.

Meanwhile as I walk out the door and get my Cleveland Plain Dealer there is a big front page
story about how McCain is up 48 to 42 in Ohio...and they break the poll numbers down by race and get this Obama is up 98% to 0% among the black vote. YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT MCCAIN IS POLLING 0% OF THE BLACK VOTE.

Let Obama stand on his merits. Isn't that what Dr. King meant when he said "I dream of a time when a man will be judged on his character and not on the color of his skin."? (far from a direct quote from King but whatever.) Why can't liberal diehards follow Dr. King's wishes? Or, do they think we should run an "affirmative action" election, discriminating against whites?

I already know what people responses are gonna be: African Americans already overwhelmingly go for the Democrat...fine I'll concede that point what about in the  Democratic primaries where you had 2 candidates very close on all the major issues  and you go into Philadelphia county and Obama gets 92% of the black vote. Can you people honestly tell me people were voting for Obama's health care plan?

There is no doubt that people in every nationality are kinda clannish and they tend to vote for their own folks and there is nothing wrong with, it is natural. I don't have a problem with
98% of the African American vote going for Obama because he is one of them, but I don't have a problem with white people saying you know what we're going with McCain because he
he is one of us.

With all that said, if the race vote provides McCain's margin of victory, I'll take the win. Who says a little evil can't be used to do some good. :-)

I'm not troubled by my position at all because the same thing worked against my 2006 candidate for Governor of OH and Swann in PA and i didn't hear not ONE Democrat complaining about racism then.

See is it that hard?
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 03:30:43 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2008, 03:35:05 PM by The Rascal King »

So it has already began As I suspected it would. Everywhere you look On Politico, on Yahoo's front page on real clearpolitics, People are whining are moaning that perhaps could lose because of racism. Everywhere on the blogs I frequent there is gnashing of teeth about how Obama should be doing much better in the polls  and the reason he isn't is because of race

Meanwhile as I walk Out the door and Get My Cleveland Plain dealer There is A big front page
story about How Mccain is up  48 to 42 in Ohio.. and they break the poll numbers down by race and get this Obama is up 98% to 0% among the black vote YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT MCCAIN IS POLLING 0% OF THE BLACK VOTE

Let Obama stand on his merits. Isn't that what Dr. King meant when he said "I dream of a time when a man will be judged on his character and not on the color of his skin." Why can't liberal diehards follow Dr. King's wishes? Or, do they think we should run an "affirmative action" election, discriminating against whites?

I already know what people responses are gonna be African Americans already Overwhelmingly go for the democrat..Fine Ill concede that point what about in the   Democratic primaries where you had 2 candidates very close on all the major issues  and you go into Phildeldelphia county An Obama gets 92% of the black vote can you people honestly tell me people were voting for Obama's health care plan

There is no doubt that people in every nationality are kinda clannish  and they tend to vote for their own folks and there is nothing wrong with  it is natural  I don't have a problem with
98% of the African American vote going for Obama because he is one of them, but I don't have a problem with white people saying you know what were going with Mccain because he
he is one of Us

With all  that said, if the race vote  provides McCain's margin of victory, I'll take the win. Who says a little evil can't be used to do some good. :-)

I'm not troubled by my position at all  because the same thing worked against my 2006 candidate for Governor of OH and Swann in PA and i didn't hear not ONE  democrat complaining about racism then

I kind of understand what your getting at here Golden Boy, you are angry because some Obama supporters are voting saying that Obama could lose because of Racism, but at the same time If blacks vote overwelmingley for Obama people don't say they are voting out of race. first off all yeah the a lot of blacks support Obama because of his race that should be of no suprise to anyone
given all the struggles  Black  Americans have faced I'm sure a lot of them want to see one of them as president,people vote for people who are like, them catholics vote for catholics, blacks vote for blacks, southerners vote for southerners its just the way it works.

one of the reasons you didn't hear democrats complaining about racism in 06 in Ohio
and PA is because both Blackwell and Swan where Republicans,why would Democrats defend Republican candidates  Democrats are going to look out for there candidates intrests  just as republicans are going to look out for there candidates. I think racism is an issue anytime
you have black candidate or hispanic running for office, I think it would effect some people's votes.

If Obama losses I can't see how people won't say racism could be the reason why given how
toxic this environment is for republicans any democrat should win this election,If  the Dem's
somehow blow this people are going to look for a reason why racism would at least make sense.     
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 03:36:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 03:43:51 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2008, 03:55:32 PM by GoldenBoy »

he is one of Us

I kind of understand what your getting at here Golden Boy, you are angry because some Obama supporters are voting saying that Obama could lose because of Racism, but at the same time If blacks vote overwelmingley for Obama people don't say they are voting out of race. first off all yeah the a lot of blacks support Obama because of his race that should be of no suprise to anyone
given all the struggles  Black  Americans have faced I'm sure a lot of them want to see one of them as president,people vote for people who are like, them catholics vote for catholics, blacks vote for blacks, southerners vote for southerners its just the way it works.

one of the reasons you didn't hear democrats complaining about racism in 06 in Ohio
and PA is because both Blackwell and Swan where Republicans,why would Democrats defend Republican candidates  Democrats are going to look out for there candidates intrests  just as republicans are going to look out for there candidates. I think racism is an issue anytime
you have black candidate or hispanic running for office, I think it would effect some people's votes.

If Obama losses I can't see how people won't say racism could be the reason why given how
toxic this environment is for republicans any democrat should win this election,If  the Dem's
somehow blow this people are going to look for a reason why racism would at least make sense.     

I happen to think Mccain is a strong candidate and he would be competitive even against Hillary although I think she would be proably winning.I just don't think Obama is as strong as of a candidate as people make him out to be. No democrat since Jimmy Carter has won a  majority of the vote, what makes people think that a first term senator from Illinois who 80% of the country didn't know  a year ago was just gonna waltz to victory
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 03:45:39 PM »

J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2008, 03:48:28 PM »

I actually have heard the same thing, so, for once, I'm with Ghostmonkey.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2008, 03:49:46 PM »

No democrat since Jimmy Carter has won the popular vote

Someone also didn't clearly do too well in social studies or has a poor memory and can't remember the 1992, 1996 and 2000 elections.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2008, 03:50:33 PM »

Someone also didn't clearly do too well in social studies or has a poor memory and can't remember the 1992, 1996 and 2000 elections.
That or he really sucks at Math.
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

he is one of Us

I kind of understand what your getting at here Golden Boy, you are angry because some Obama supporters are voting saying that Obama could lose because of Racism, but at the same time If blacks vote overwhelmingly for Obama people don't say they are voting out of race. first off all yeah the a lot of blacks support Obama because of his race that should be of no suprise to anyone

I happen to think Mccain is a strong candidate and he would be competitive even against Hillary although I think she would be proably winning.I just don't think Obama is as strong as of a candidate as people make him out to be. No democrat since Jimmy Carter has won the popular vote, what makes people think that a first term senator from Illinois who 80% of the country didn't know  a year ago was just gonna waltz to victory

with all due respect, that's not true Clinton won the popular vote twice and Al Gore won the popular vote in  2000 while losing the electoral college
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2008, 03:54:38 PM »

My bad i mean a majority of the vote..over 50%
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2008, 03:57:18 PM »

No sh!t, they didn't. What do you think the Nader voters would all vote for Bush or something stupid like that?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »

I see what you mean, but those weren't really competitive to begin with. Blackwell and Swann were up against popular Democrats and seemed like little more than sacrificial lambs to me--but I suspect they lost several percentage points because of race (Blackwell wasn't a really bad candidate like Swann).

The election I like to use as an example of racism helping the Democrats is Louisiana in 2003. If the Republicans ever run Jindal for President, and his Democratic opponent is white, I'll have no problem saying racism helped the Democrat get to 500 electoral votes, just like I have no problem saying racism helped Blanco in 2003.

I can't speak for people elsewhere, but I (and most others, I believe) come to this forum to discuss and analyze elections, and race clearly plays a very major role, especially in a competitive election like Obama vs. McCain. I think most of us can agree that it would be silly to pretend like it isn't a factor.
Ty440
GoldenBoy
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 04:16:30 PM »

I can't speak for people elsewhere, but I (and most others, I believe) come to this forum to discuss and analyze elections, and race clearly plays a very major role, especially in a competitive election like Obama vs. McCain. I think most of us can agree that it would be silly to pretend like it isn't a factor.

I agree, I  believe race will be one of the top 3 decisive factors in this race, it has the potential to put either side over the top. African-Americans could have a very dramatic turnout in Virginia and put Obama over the top there, and/or in Ohio or PA resistance to a black candidate could perhaps throw either state to Mccain, I personally just like analyzing all this   and you can't ignore the 300 pound gorilla in the room

I understand how Obama supporters could be upset when they read somewhere about how racism could hurt their candidate, heck I get a little ticked when i read that 97% of African Americans are supporting Obama and 2% are supporting mine 
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »

Actually, you are correct.  "Majority" means more than half and no Democratic candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1976 has won more a majority of the popular vote.
Eleden
oaksmarts

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2008, 04:23:21 PM »

Let him pass 5th grade first before you start jumping to conclusions. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »

I agree, I  believe race will be one of the top 3 decisive factors in this race, it has the potential to put either side over the top. African-Americans could have a very dramatic turnout in Virginia and put Obama over the top there, and/or in Ohio or PA resistance to a black candidate could perhaps throw either state to Mccain, I personally just like analyzing all this   and you can't ignore the 300 pound gorilla in the room

I understand how Obama supporters could be upset when they read somewhere about how racism could hurt their candidate, heck I get a little ticked when i read that 97% of African Americans are supporting Obama and 2% are supporting mine 

97-2 is probably not an accurate breakdown; 94-6 seems more like it to me.  Besides, that's like a 6-point swing among a demographic that makes up 12% of the U.S. voting population.  In other words, the net effect (without turnout adjustment) is <1%.  With turnout adjustment, I'd be surprised if it reached 1%.

"Reverse-racism" (AKA racism) might limit the overall net damage of Obama due to racism, but he's still going to lose more votes because of it than gain.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies