Palin Rally in The Villages, FL 9.21.08
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:05:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Palin Rally in The Villages, FL 9.21.08
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Palin Rally in The Villages, FL 9.21.08  (Read 8591 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 03:54:06 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
In the model which I explained to him, it is entirely possible that time is just another dimension, which is bent to a curve at that point. This way, you cannot even ask the question what happened before that point, since time did not exist at all.

in other words, your "science" is nothing more that conjecture.  You can neither test it nor experience it, BOTH of which, I can do with Christ.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2008, 03:58:37 PM »

In the model which I explained to him, it is entirely possible that time is just another dimension, which is bent to a curve at that point. This way, you cannot even ask the question what happened before that point, since time did not exist at all.

in other words, your "science" is nothing more that conjecture.  You can neither test it nor experience it, BOTH of which, I can do with Christ.

You can test Christ?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2008, 04:19:30 PM »

You can test Christ?

of course, I can test him in his promises by following his word.  And I can have a relationship with him and a two way conversation.  And once he is experienced within the heart of a man, the reality of Christ makes the visible world very trivial.
daboese
Germany

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »

in other words, your "science" is nothing more that conjecture.  You can neither test it nor experience it.
I can test it, if its theories hold true within the real world and benefit mankind. And they do.

Can I listen to that?
And, why are you so sure that he cannot be experienced within the heart of someone who does not believe that he exists as the messiah?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2008, 05:54:54 PM »

in other words, your "science" is nothing more that conjecture.  You can neither test it nor experience it.
I can test it, if its theories hold true within the real world and benefit mankind. And they do.

huh?  let's review your theory:

1) you can't test it
2) it has nothing to do with the real world
3) it doesn't benefit anyone

---

Can I listen to that?

you could have your own conversation with him if he ever finds you

---

And, why are you so sure that he cannot be experienced within the heart of someone who does not believe that he exists as the messiah?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only begotten Son."  (spoken by Jesus Christ, John 3:16-18)

"It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11He is 'the stone you builders rejected, which has become the capstone.' 12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Peter, Acts 4:10-12)

---

something tells me where not in "The Villages, FL" anymore

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »

Not so with jmfcst, because time doesn't begin until much, much later

that is NOT what I believe.  Rather I can allow for any amount of time between a) the creation of the heavens and the earth, and b) the creation of Adam and Eve.

the seven days in Genesis 1 can NOT be interpreted as 24 hour days, since day 7 lasted for eternity and days 1 thru 3 didn't even have the Sun to mark the length of the days.

---

Also, it is Christianity and Judaism that are imperfect forms of Islam, as I understand it.  In fact, the Qur'an mentions this frequently.

Of course the Qur'an is going to claim that, but there is no trace of Islam prior to 600AD, so it would be a tad difficult for Christianity and Judaism to have barrowed from Islam.

Sorry for misrepresenting you.  I knew even as I typed I'd probably get something wrong.  Interesting rationale you give for the time frame, though. 

Funny thing, the Hebrew scriptures make no mention of Christianity, and Christian scriptures make no mention of Islam, but the Qur'an mentions both.  Obviously it's a matter of chronology.  But you might think that the literal, or even inspired, word of an omnicient and omnipotent god would have no trouble with predictions.  But it really does come down to what comes before what, and that's of course why Islam mentions Christ and Abraham and Moses, but not vice-versa.  (I have no problem with a definite chronology, and even have entropy as my yardstick against which to measure its progression, so you'll get no argument from me about whether time exists.)

I guess it all started with your attempt to defend Sarah.  I think that's a noble gesture, and that the bigotry of religious tests for office is precluded by the Constitution, so you have the law on your side.  Seems like you could just let it go at that.  Stubborn man, you are, but you seem to be having fun with your argument so I'll bow out and let you defend yourself.

I imagine StatesRights got more than he bargained for with this thread.  I was only going to ask him whether his VCR, like his camera, still blinks 12:00 AM, January First of the year he bought it.  And also about the PUMA, of course. 
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2008, 07:37:26 PM »

Gen 3:15 "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

You do know that Adam and Eve, Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Joeseph, Moses, etc, etc...were all taught about the Messiah, don't you?  So all religions, except the one true one, are a perversion of the truth in one way or another.

Yeah, because nobody can make up a religion that's completely independent of another one. Nope, nobody can make a new religion without basing it off a previously existing one. It's completely impossible. Roll Eyes

In all seriousness, you haven't even remotely proven your point. That quote doesn't exactly explain much, and your stuff about those people being taught about stuff doesn't mean a religion can't arise independently of Judaism. There are numerous religions throughout history that have so little in common with Judaism that only a fool would claim they were connected. Hell, I can make up a religion right now if I wanted to and if I was really determined I could get someone to believe in it, and it would have absolutely nothing to do with Judaism.

yeah, but Islam borrowed more from Judaism than Christianity,and then mixed a bunch of stuff in to make a society non-functional. 
[/quote]

Non-functional? What? You are aware that before the Crusades the Muslims had a more technologically advanced society than the Christians, right?

But, back to the original point, obviously the Qur'an takes from both the old and new testaments, so it's based on Christianity from a chronological standpoint. Heck, they even consider Jesus to be the Messiah, which Jews do not.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2008, 08:31:54 PM »

Also, if Islam is to be considered a bastardization of anything it's a bastardization of Christianity rather than just Judaism - Jesus is included in their teachings, and IIRC he's considered the Messiah.

Correct. Except for the bastardization part.

Sorry, I jump whenever I see the word "Islam".
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2008, 01:54:01 AM »

Thanks guys for jacking my thread.

Locked.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to: