Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 04:57:47 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  Gubernatorial/Statewide Elections (Moderator: Joe Republic)
| | |-+  California Proposition 6, 1978
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: California Proposition 6, 1978  (Read 5340 times)
Meeker
meekermariner
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -2.61

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 05:04:06 am »
Ignore

Does anyone have county results for this?
cannonia
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

P
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 03:09:22 pm »
Ignore

There's no statement of vote on the SoS web page for the 1978 general election.  Sad

The only county I found whose site reported election results from 1978 was Shasta County (50.03% Yes, 49.97% No).

One would probably need to visit a library or contact the SoS to get the county results.
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 11:35:41 pm »
Ignore

Bump

I saw Milk today and they said it lost by 2-to-1, but had it carrying Imperial with 69%.  Otherwise it looked like a standard social liberal/conservative mix except it lost in Glenn.  wtf?  Oh, and it was also two-to-one no in Los Angeles despite being almost 70% in Imperial?  And then there was something about the results vs. the "polls," and I got totally confused

Anyway, if anyone knows, I'd be very interested...

If it only won Shasta by a hair one imagines it went down hard.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:37:55 pm by Alcon »Logged

n/c
Lunar
Moderators
YaBB God
Ireland, Republic of
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 11:40:12 pm »
Ignore

I saw Milk yesterday.

Crazy.

They totally ignored the riots and counter-riots that occurred once White was sentenced.

this is real
○∙◄☻tπ[╪AV┼cV└
jfern
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 12:58:25 am »
Ignore

Bump

I saw Milk today and they said it lost by 2-to-1, but had it carrying Imperial with 69%.  Otherwise it looked like a standard social liberal/conservative mix except it lost in Glenn.  wtf?  Oh, and it was also two-to-one no in Los Angeles despite being almost 70% in Imperial?  And then there was something about the results vs. the "polls," and I got totally confused

Imperial County is the most populist county in California.  61% Obama, but 70% Prop. 8.
Grad Students are the Worst
Alcon
Moderators
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 02:03:46 am »
Ignore

Bump

Imperial County is the most populist county in California.  61% Obama, but 70% Prop. 8.

Yeah, way Hispanic, but my point was it coudn't have failed 2-to-1 statewide with that map (even if it did lose Glenn?!) and failed 2-to-1 in Los Angeles while it won 2-to-1 in Imperial.  L.A.'s Hispanic community isn't that pro-gay now, and it certainly wasn't then

n/c
AT&T likes to throw money around.
Eraserhead
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 09:27:11 am »
Ignore

I saw Milk yesterday.

Crazy.

They totally ignored the riots and counter-riots that occurred once White was sentenced.

Milk was dead at that point and the movie was was meant to focus on his literal life only.

What are you talking about Duke?  Things are great so far.   I do have to cling to God no matter what.  I have nothing against this at all,  but in my class there are 9 blacks and 4 whites.  African Americans are quite prevalent in that part of Tulsa.  I don't mind it at all,  but it is an interesting fact in white Oklahoma.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2008, 11:38:36 am »
Ignore

Bump

Yeah, way Hispanic, but my point was it coudn't have failed 2-to-1 statewide with that map (even if it did lose Glenn?!) and failed 2-to-1 in Los Angeles while it won 2-to-1 in Imperial.  L.A.'s Hispanic community isn't that pro-gay now, and it certainly wasn't then

Prop 6 also lost in Orange County, which was far more conservative than it is today.

Liberalrocks
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 06:57:21 pm »
Ignore

I know this post is very old, but I personally am seeking the information requested here. Mainly just on individual county results which I would like to compare to Prop 8 results. I was able to find a map which indicated the measure failed 59% to 41% not quite the 2-1 margin the movie indicated. Perhaps the absentee ballots were not counted on election day and it appeared to be 2-1 in the first reporting. It did fail in Orange, Fresno, Riverside some counties that are heavily republican today. I would like to find county numbers but have not been able to....??

"If Hillary gave Obama one of her balls they both would have two ! "-James Carville.....Hillary 2016 !
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout