Strike One for Edwards (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:23:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Strike One for Edwards (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strike One for Edwards  (Read 7198 times)
zachman

« on: February 20, 2004, 06:26:57 PM »

The fact that Edwards did nearly as well as Kerry is amazing given that Kerry had many times more positive press. He also had a solid majority of the press coverage. What Edwards did was incredible, almost as incredible as Kerry getting under 40%.

What Edwards said is not fair bait for Kerry. I saw him at the end of 2003 when he was still a longshot. He put down Dean's statements on the Iraq war,and was totally ineffective to me, as a democrat. Press, even if it is not favorable, is still good for Edwards. People like the underdog, as long as they can see him.
zachman

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:19:46 PM »

Well then Edwards should have acknowledged that, rather than making Bush sound like an ambulance chaser (maybe a little bit of projection going on there).

In my experience, liberals like to blur the line between perpetrator and victim, making violent acts into "tragedies" for both parties.  Or if they do seek to assign guilt, it will be based more on extraneous factors, like the race and/or gender of the parties involved.

Any extremist credits tradgedies on extraneous factors. Michael Moore does it. Jerry Falwell does it. Bush didn't put any real focus into terrorism before 9/11, and pretends to be a hero on the issue of terrorism.

Will Michael Moore's movie Fahreinheit 9/11, concerning how Bush has used Sept. 11 to achieve his political goals, cause a backlash for his cause, or will it enlarge the democratic base? I think it will backfire. America couldn't take Howard Dean's statement, it still believes Saddam Hussein was involved with Sept. 11. Society is not capable of determining the truth.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies