Your parents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:58:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your parents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are they
Married to each other

Divorced from each other

Never married to each other

Widowed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Your parents  (Read 5344 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: September 24, 2008, 12:25:07 AM »

Divorced.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:23:46 PM »

Married since '93.

They first met less than a month before they married, and they've never had anything stronger than a passionate disagreement. Which is why I find the idea of marrying for love a bit silly, especially seeing the divorce rate.

what's the implication here?  they were an arranged marriage?

Yes.

do you plan on having your wife picked for you?

I don't plan on getting married.

Why?

Married since '93.

They first met less than a month before they married, and they've never had anything stronger than a passionate disagreement. Which is why I find the idea of marrying for love a bit silly, especially seeing the divorce rate.

True. It's much better to marry based on looks and financial standing. Lord knows I'd hate to marry some poor girl who'd just suck away all my money. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:28:31 PM »

My mom was never married and I think that is why I grew up as a "tom boy". I guess I never thought females were necessary since my mom and my girlfriends are immature. But she is doing well. Smiley

Your mom is immature?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:31:51 PM »

Gosh. I'm still a mess and my parents were both mature adults even though they fought all the time when I was a kid.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 11:56:30 PM »

Well, DC_united convinced me to spill my guts, so here goes:

My father was named Benjamin William Martin. He was of English descent, though he was born in Michigan. He was a high school Math teacher. He died in a car crash in Los Angeles.

My mother is named Jacalyn Toni Drexler (yes, I took her last name instead of my father's last name). She's a trial lawyer. She usually works on juvenile & appelate cases, though she also works as a prosecutor & a criminal defense attorney. She was born in San Francisco, & is of mixed Spanish & German descent.

They lived in Los Angeles when I was born. My mother & I moved back to San Francisco when I was three to take care of my grandparents (who were then in their early 80s). So that's that. Tongue

You're from San Francisco? Ouch, I'm so sorry!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 11:59:52 PM »

Well, DC_united convinced me to spill my guts, so here goes:

My father was named Benjamin William Martin. He was of English descent, though he was born in Michigan. He was a high school Math teacher. He died in a car crash in Los Angeles.

My mother is named Jacalyn Toni Drexler (yes, I took her last name instead of my father's last name). She's a trial lawyer. She usually works on juvenile & appelate cases, though she also works as a prosecutor & a criminal defense attorney. She was born in San Francisco, & is of mixed Spanish & German descent.

They lived in Los Angeles when I was born. My mother & I moved back to San Francisco when I was three to take care of my grandparents (who were then in their early 80s). So that's that. Tongue

You're from San Francisco? Ouch, I'm so sorry!

I was born in Santa Monica & lived in Los Angeles until the age of three. I have lived in San Francisco since then.

I couldn't imagine living in that place. It's pretty and all, but if I lived in California, I'd live in Orange County. I couldn't take all that liberalness on a daily basis. Plus, Nancy Pelosi as my congresswoman? Yuck!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies