Your parents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:20:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your parents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Are they
Married to each other

Divorced from each other

Never married to each other

Widowed

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: Your parents  (Read 5317 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« on: September 24, 2008, 03:09:30 PM »

Married since '93.

They first met less than a month before they married, and they've never had anything stronger than a passionate disagreement. Which is why I find the idea of marrying for love a bit silly, especially seeing the divorce rate.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »

Married since '93.

They first met less than a month before they married, and they've never had anything stronger than a passionate disagreement. Which is why I find the idea of marrying for love a bit silly, especially seeing the divorce rate.

what's the implication here?  they were an arranged marriage?

Yes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »

Married since '93.

what's the implication here?  they were an arranged marriage?

Yes.

do you plan on having your wife picked for you?

I don't plan on getting married.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »

Well, DC_united convinced me to spill my guts, so here goes:

My father was named Benjamin William Martin. He was of English descent, though he was born in Michigan. He was a high school Math teacher. He died in a car crash in Los Angeles.

My mother is named Jacalyn Toni Drexler (yes, I took her last name instead of my father's last name). She's a trial lawyer. She usually works on juvenile & appelate cases, though she also works as a prosecutor & a criminal defense attorney. She was born in San Francisco, & is of mixed Spanish & German descent.

They lived in Los Angeles when I was born. My mother & I moved back to San Francisco when I was three to take care of my grandparents (who were then in their early 80s). So that's that. Tongue

You're from San Francisco? Ouch, I'm so sorry!

I was born in Santa Monica & lived in Los Angeles until the age of three. I have lived in San Francisco since then.

I couldn't imagine living in that place. It's pretty and all, but if I lived in California, I'd live in Orange County. I couldn't take all that liberalness on a daily basis. Plus, Nancy Pelosi as my congresswoman? Yuck!

People I've known, regardless of ideology, have noted how nice people in San Francisco are.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 06:30:27 PM »

Well, DC_united convinced me to spill my guts, so here goes:

My father was named Benjamin William Martin. He was of English descent, though he was born in Michigan. He was a high school Math teacher. He died in a car crash in Los Angeles.

My mother is named Jacalyn Toni Drexler (yes, I took her last name instead of my father's last name). She's a trial lawyer. She usually works on juvenile & appelate cases, though she also works as a prosecutor & a criminal defense attorney. She was born in San Francisco, & is of mixed Spanish & German descent.

They lived in Los Angeles when I was born. My mother & I moved back to San Francisco when I was three to take care of my grandparents (who were then in their early 80s). So that's that. Tongue

You're from San Francisco? Ouch, I'm so sorry!

I was born in Santa Monica & lived in Los Angeles until the age of three. I have lived in San Francisco since then.

I couldn't imagine living in that place. It's pretty and all, but if I lived in California, I'd live in Orange County. I couldn't take all that liberalness on a daily basis. Plus, Nancy Pelosi as my congresswoman? Yuck!

Smiley

Anyway, yeah they're married.

Ew, Orange County.

Wink

Which county is that giant Assyrian-themed mall in?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies