6 month term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:18:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  6 month term
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 6 month term  (Read 5631 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2004, 10:49:44 AM »

I think that the winnder of this election should serve a six month term until the next election.  that would have elections become traditions in February and August.  What do you say?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 10:51:48 AM »

I will aggree to that.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 10:51:57 AM »

I will take it to our members and discuss it and get back to you.

I think that the winnder of this election should serve a six month term until the next election.  that would have elections become traditions in February and August.  What do you say?
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 10:53:33 AM »

And we should have a one term amendment.
jravnsbo

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 10:56:22 AM »

i think we maybe should have had a constitutional convention first.  amendments, what constitution? Smiley
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 10:56:28 AM »

That is to say that no member can serve as president for more than one FULL term.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 10:57:16 AM »

That is to say that no member can serve as president for more than one FULL term.
I like that idea.
dunn

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 10:59:20 AM »

if there is no constitution why can'w the unregistered newcomers vote this weekend?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 11:09:33 AM »

if there is no constitution why can'w the unregistered newcomers vote this weekend?
We had a registration policy that the GOP wants to hold up, and I see their point.  You can vote in the August election.
dunn

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2004, 11:13:54 AM »

We had a registration policy that the GOP wants to hold up, and I see their point.  You can vote in the August election.
policy in not a law and not a constitution. and you are allready taking for granted that the twice a yaer electiob will be accepted (I think its a good idea) mayby people here will think different. I call for a constitutional convention
jravnsbo

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2004, 11:18:46 AM »

because we have made rules that we all agreed to at the time.  We were afraid of a late rush of "fake" posters adding extra names and thus skewing the election unfairly for one side or another.  

You will be allowed to register after this election.

dunn

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2004, 11:22:01 AM »

because we have made rules that we all agreed to at the time.  We were afraid of a late rush of "fake" posters adding extra names and thus skewing the election unfairly for one side or another.  

You will be allowed to register after this election.

that's sounds reabnble. I still think we should have some kind of 'constitutional convevtion' and set up a 'constitution'. after this election , say in April
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2004, 12:20:37 PM »

Sounds like a great idea.
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 12:40:24 PM »

i won't vote in August, I will run in August Wink lol

I think that sounds fair, one term, 6 months, it sounds good to me
dunn

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 12:45:28 PM »

I say 6 month term, maximum 2 terms but let's have a 'cobvention' that will decide
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2004, 12:49:17 PM »

I agree with a 1 term limit lasting 6 months.
Demrepdan

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2004, 04:31:07 PM »

I agree to NONE of this. It's too Jimmy Carter. Remember, Carter wanted to have the Presidency to 6 year terms....and you can only be elected to ONE term.
And 6 month term limits? That means we only have TWO elections per year. That's no fun. The fun in these Fantasy Elections is HAVING the elections....not SERVING as President!

This is what I propose, we have FOUR month terms, that way it will match more closely with real life 4 year terms. Then we will have elections at LEAST 3 times a year. (Trust me, you'll regret it later when you look back and realize we only have two elections per year).

With a 4 month term, the election will be held the second to last Weekend in the months of February, June, and October. The President will then take office on the first Saturday of the months of March, July, and November.

I also disagree with the term limits. We don't have THOUSANDS of members here at the forum you know...

Barely a third to half of forum members are participating in this election right now. If you have term limit, then as time goes on, every well known person at the forum will serve as President, and that's it. There's no competition. After Supersoulty and Nym, it'll be PD and Migrendel or something like that. And then The Wild Card and Gustaf...eventually we'll run out of people to serve, because no one can run anymore because of TERM LIMITS!!

This is how I think it should be....... 4 month terms....2 term limits. Then if you want to run again you must wait another 4 to 8 months. (e.g. Let's say Nym wins, I don't want to be bias and use Supersoulty as an example, anyway, lets say Nym wins......I think he should be up for RE-ELECTION in the summer.....in JUNE....and then the office will be OPEN again....in the fall...in October. Then NYM can't run again until February or June the following year.) You with me?? You understand?

I was looking forward to the idea of someone running against an incumbent President....but if it was left up to you guys..that would never happen. Above ALL...I HIGHLY stress that terms be 4 months in length! Someone mentioned about all the recent members of the forum who just now recently joined....and they can't participate in this election. So you're telling them they have to wait a HALF a year? How would you feel.....if you signed up the DAY after registration closed (that would be Jan. 23, 2004)...and you notice the fantasy election thread...and you think "gee, I think this would be fun, but wait....I can't participate in this one." So you have to wait SEVEN months just because you missed registration by a day? A HALF a year is a long time, people. Think about it...

I hope you truly LISTEN to my ideas and think about it.....4 month terms....and light rules for term limits (i.e. can't serve more than two consecutive terms at a time.)

Please people! Rally to my side!!! This 6 month term limit is a BAD idea! I wish to rally support from recent members who sadly can't participate in this election! DUNN!!! I know you're one of them. Come to my side...join my cause.

And I hope ALL of you think over what I said.....and join my side too.

4 MORE MONTHS! 4 MORE MONTHS! 4 MORE MONTHS!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2004, 04:38:03 PM »

4 MORE months??? MORE?Huh?

I could support 4 months, gives me the option to possibly run in 4 months Cheesy lol like i'd get the nomination
Demrepdan

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2004, 04:42:51 PM »

4 MORE months??? MORE?Huh?

I could support 4 months, gives me the option to possibly run in 4 months Cheesy lol like i'd get the nomination

I just started chanting "4 MORE MONTHS" to show people the correlation to 4 MORE YEARS.

No one ever chants....6 MORE YEARS!
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2004, 04:45:36 PM »

well if it was a 6 year term and only 1 term allowed, then they wouldn't do that anyway Wink
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2004, 04:48:18 PM »

I think that it should be 4 months with no term limits just like Demrepdan. As I stated before, I think having a "consititution" would be a great idea as I said before. Hopefully we can work on it after the election.
Demrepdan

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2004, 04:50:10 PM »

I think that it should be 4 months with no term limits just like Demrepdan. As I stated before, I think having a "consititution" would be a great idea as I said before. Hopefully we can work on it after the election.

The United States formed their constitution 2 years before they held the Presidential elections. We're forming ours AFTER the Presidential election......so we're doing it back asswards.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2004, 04:51:06 PM »

The United States formed their constitution 2 years before they held the Presidential elections. We're forming ours AFTER the Presidential election......so we're doing it back asswards.

asswards?
dunn

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2004, 04:57:51 PM »

As the one complained about not able to vote I am with you. and again i call for aconstitutional conventionin April to decide on this issues
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2004, 05:00:59 PM »

I really hope we can get a third party candidate the next time around. It would make things more interesting.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies