6 month term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:34:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  6 month term
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 6 month term  (Read 5615 times)
Demrepdan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2004, 06:13:43 PM »

Everyone......I think the Senate should not be an elected position. If you want to be in the Senate...you simply go to the Fantasy Election thread and declare yourself a member of the Senate. To make it work right....we should have a House of Representatives too. Maybe you should have 30 posts before you can be Senate. And 35 before you can run for President...and......ugh.

We'll decide all this at the convention.....
dunn

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2004, 06:16:28 PM »

Everyone......I think the Senate should not be an elected position. If you want to be in the Senate...you simply go to the Fantasy Election thread and declare yourself a member of the Senate. To make it work right....we should have a House of Representatives too. Maybe you should have 30 posts before you can be Senate. And 35 before you can run for President...and......ugh.

We'll decide all this at the convention.....

I says one house with all active members as members and 4 month 2 term limit for prez
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2004, 06:16:39 PM »

gotcha, you think we limit the number of representatives per state? so 2 CA, 2 MA etc
Demrepdan

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2004, 06:28:07 PM »

gotcha, you think we limit the number of representatives per state? so 2 CA, 2 MA etc

No need to limit who can serve from which state. Maybe if the forum were bigger and we had members from ALL states. But I think the MAIN goal....is to simply have a legislative body...and I think it should be called the Senate....because being called a Senator is more cool than being called a Congressman. And besides.....Senators are more presitgious.

They have a uni-cameral House in Nebraska you know......and it's called a Senate. Even in the Star Wars movies...if you've ever watched them...they had a Galatic Senate...and an Imperial Senate...although the Imperial one didn't last long because Emperor Palpatine wanted to have more power...so he dissolved the body and...he.........ok......I'm really letting my "nerd" side show....
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2004, 06:29:43 PM »

yep you are dan, that could cost you the election ya know.... lol
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2004, 06:29:50 PM »

No need to limit who can serve from which state. Maybe if the forum were bigger and we had members from ALL states. But I think the MAIN goal....is to simply have a legislative body...and I think it should be called the Senate....because being called a Senator is more cool than being called a Congressman. And besides.....Senators are more presitgious.

They have a uni-cameral House in Nebraska you know......and it's called a Senate. Even in the Star Wars movies...if you've ever watched them...they had a Galatic Senate...and an Imperial Senate...although the Imperial one didn't last long because Emperor Palpatine wanted to have more power...so he dissolved the body and...he.........ok......I'm really letting my "nerd" side show....

Don't worry, we're used to it... Wink
Huckleberry Finn
Finn

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2004, 06:52:45 PM »

I favour 4 month term. 6 is too long. I have been member about 1,5 months and it feels looong period.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2004, 06:54:21 PM »

I favour 4 month term. 6 is too long. I have been member about 1,5 months and it feels looong period.
I say four month terms too.
jravnsbo

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2004, 11:59:38 PM »

how about we have th next major election on election day.  term is a little longer than 6 months, but it could then be more like real life.

I say four month terms too.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2004, 01:32:27 AM »

How about we have one is three months and another on the day of the election? It seems like a better parallel, as well as keeping elections often enough.

I participate in another Political RPG, and we have elections every two months. Considering that in that game there are 12 MPs, four ministers, a President, VP and strong roleplaying community, and a set of mods who constantly bring new challenges into the game, I have to say that if that can get a bit boring this will certainly become so.

Seriously, if we just have a Pres, and VP, and an election every four months it'll be pretty boring.

That is why i urge you to vote for Plan C in the POSITIONS thread, so that the game remains vibrant, interesting and fun.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2004, 05:15:27 AM »

How about we have one is three months and another on the day of the election? It seems like a better parallel, as well as keeping elections often enough.

I participate in another Political RPG, and we have elections every two months. Considering that in that game there are 12 MPs, four ministers, a President, VP and strong roleplaying community, and a set of mods who constantly bring new challenges into the game, I have to say that if that can get a bit boring this will certainly become so.

Seriously, if we just have a Pres, and VP, and an election every four months it'll be pretty boring.

That is why i urge you to vote for Plan C in the POSITIONS thread, so that the game remains vibrant, interesting and fun.

I think what you're missing is the fact that this is a side thing - the main purpose of this forum is not to hold fantasy elections, which is why we shouldn't overdo this.
dunn

« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2004, 06:07:36 AM »

agaain the constitutional convention will be the place that the terms, positions etc wul be decided
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »

I think what you're missing is the fact that this is a side thing - the main purpose of this forum is not to hold fantasy elections, which is why we shouldn't overdo this.

Phrophetic?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2006, 03:42:10 PM »

Phrophetic?

No
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »

Phrophetic?

No
Yeah, and I wouldn't care either way.  Fantasy elections are my favorite part of the forum and why I joined in the first place.  I love to campaign and to govern and legislate.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2006, 06:27:21 PM »

Phrophetic?

No
Yeah, and I wouldn't care either way.  Fantasy elections are my favorite part of the forum and why I joined in the first place.  I love to campaign and to govern and legislate.

Same with me.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2006, 09:06:24 PM »

Who's resurrected this blast from the past?

Dave
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2006, 11:00:07 PM »

Who's resurrected this blast from the past?

Dave

Hugh was the one who bumped it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies