attention whore thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:27:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  attention whore thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: attention whore thread  (Read 2264 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 08:11:36 PM »

Not surprising given you still have the same views as a 2003 Republican during the invasion of Iraq.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »

Burn, burn, burn.

Somebody call an ambulance. BRTD just got raped.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 09:57:33 PM »

Walter why are you going to vote for the guy who is the opposite of your original candidate's views?  Are you just that bitter that she LOST?

There's nothing unusual about that. If people voted their views, the Republican party would cease to exist, and some liberal party would beat the crap out of the Democratic party.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 12:51:01 AM »

in general, i do find obama supporters to be obnoxious, idealists and shallow.  and ive never much cared for people who blindly follow the in-crowd.  ive certainly never subscribed to groupthink and stupid self motivational slogans.

Anytime you hang out in a group that favors one candidate and is unrepresentative of the population as a whole, the rhetoric of many of the members of the majority will escalate.

Spending your time on this forum or in the state of MA means you're going to encounter a lot more shallow Obama supporters and intelligent McCain supporters, than, say, if you went down to Mississippi or Utah.  Remember where you are before you extrapolate dawg.

The irony is - I always expected Lunar to break for McCain in the end, and Walter to break for Obama.

Why?
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 01:41:57 AM »

in general, i do find obama supporters to be obnoxious, idealists and shallow.  and ive never much cared for people who blindly follow the in-crowd.  ive certainly never subscribed to groupthink and stupid self motivational slogans.

Anytime you hang out in a group that favors one candidate and is unrepresentative of the population as a whole, the rhetoric of many of the members of the majority will escalate.

Spending your time on this forum or in the state of MA means you're going to encounter a lot more shallow Obama supporters and intelligent McCain supporters, than, say, if you went down to Mississippi or Utah.  Remember where you are before you extrapolate dawg.

The irony is - I always expected Lunar to break for McCain in the end, and Walter to break for Obama.

Why?

To tell you the truth - I don't know... it's just how I pictured things turning out. It was probably Walter's support for Clinton that made me think of him (in my mind) as a Democrat's voter. I figured as a libertarian, you'd end up supporting McCain, as he's reasonably moderate in the Republican Party, but Obama is from the liberal wing of the Democrats - so I figured of the two, McCain's the more centrist. It was pretty much one of those sub-conscious things that you don't know the reason for until you sit down and think about them.
exopolitician
MATCHU[D]
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 02:15:12 AM »

*slow claps*

Congratulations.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 02:20:14 AM »

Why?

To tell you the truth - I don't know... it's just how I pictured things turning out. It was probably Walter's support for Clinton that made me think of him (in my mind) as a Democrat's voter. I figured as a libertarian, you'd end up supporting McCain, as he's reasonably moderate in the Republican Party, but Obama is from the liberal wing of the Democrats - so I figured of the two, McCain's the more centrist. It was pretty much one of those sub-conscious things that you don't know the reason for until you sit down and think about them.

Ah, I've been in the tank for Obama since '04 and I care a lot more about social issues and foreign policy than economic issues.  I find a lot of economics to be circular - it's not that big of a deal either way to raise minimum wage since cost of living will go up roughly the same amount.  I'm upping my opinion of some senate Republicans recently, like McConnell, for their opinions on the bailout.

McCain's big trick is that he's really hawkish and likes preemptive warfare, which I find in poor taste.  Otherwise, he [was] great.

But I ramble.

Walter seems more attached to character/resume issues than ideology.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies