Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 23, 2014, 08:59:05 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Atlas Hardware Upgrade complete October 13, 2013.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Election Archive
| |-+  2008 Elections
| | |-+  Your First Day As President
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your First Day As President  (Read 3781 times)
humder

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
Ignore

If you were elected, what would you do on your first day?

I wouls check out all the conspiricy theories that the government is supposed to be keeping secret, like UFOs etc ofcourse.
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -8.52

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 05:30:54 pm »
Ignore

I'd rid the world of poverty, bring global peace, balance the federal budget, and cap off the evening by watching re-runs of Family Guy.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."
-Paul Wellstone

Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »
Ignore

I'd throw in a Welcome Back Kotter DVD and have a couple of beers, then immediately hold a press conference and do my "Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein" impression with note from mother in hand....of course!  why do you ask?

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,
Coming for to carry me home.

Swing low, sweet chariot,
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:37:22 pm »
Ignore

disband the government via executive order
IDS Attorney General PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:41:15 pm »
Ignore

Buy/invade Canada.

MODU
YaBB God
United States

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:04:23 pm »
Ignore

Clean out the Presidential Desk and look for loose change.

Attention bloggers:  Join SeededBuzz and gain access to thousands of new readers.  Simply paste a link and summary of your article for community members to link back to, drawing more activity to your site.  Membership is FREE!

Visit MODU's Musings

"Anybody who doesn't appreciate what America has done and President Bush, let them go to hell." - Betty Dawisha, Iraqi vote
Zarn
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: -5.91

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:28:21 pm »
Ignore

Either I would plan to start targetting corrupt Congressman...

or

...Get myself involved in a scandal involving a cannon, dozens of pairs of scissors, Gilbert Godfrey, and a woman from Cornwall.

Edit: I just read my own post and realized how violent it sounds. It would be funny to make it sound that way, and then do something completely different.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:30:28 pm by Zarn »Logged
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 12:35:03 pm »
Ignore

I'd throw in a Welcome Back Kotter DVD and have a couple of beers, then immediately hold a press conference and do my "Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein" impression with note from mother in hand....of course!  why do you ask?

sad news today, Juan Luis Pedro Philippo DeHuevos Epstein, has died.  First Sweathog to graduate to death.

Do not fight with one another over my banning.  I've enjoyed the time I have spent with all of you, but the time really has come for me to leave.  It is what I want.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Y_GLT4_9I

I looked over Jordan, and what did I see?
Coming for to carry me home,
A band of angels coming after me,

Swing low, sweet chariot,
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -4.96

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »
Ignore

Get all the cool secrets and release them in an act advocating open government. Then ponies.

--
Kalwejt
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 06:12:35 pm »
Ignore

Getting buzzed.
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 08:15:17 am »
Ignore

-pardon nearly every federal criminal (except select 'white collar' criminals)

-close nearly every military base, abroad and otherwise

-end executive enforcement of vast majority of laws

-issue Exec Order that states the Mets and Jets will be invited to the White House every year, instead of the the respective MLB and NFL champions, despite however good or bad they prove to be

-announce I'm moving the Capitol to St Thomas, US Virgin Islands effective February 15
Miamiu1027
YaBB God
United States
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2012, 08:17:12 am »
Ignore

also announce support for majority of federal budget to be paid to blacks and Native Americans in the form of reparations.  announce FLDS as the unofficial State religion.
JCL and the Geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:31 am »
Ignore

First I make the promise to uphold the Constuition, then I give a speech casting vision of returning America to her original intent. After that I'll go to the Oval Office and sign Excutive Order 11110 restoring sound money and expect Congress to have a Abolish the Fed Act on my desk within the first week of my presidency. Then I go to Buttonwood in New York City aka Ground Zero and give a speech acknowledging our dependence on God and seek His forgiveness and mercy for our nation. Around 7pm go to JHOP and spend time in Bible reading and prayer. Return to the Oval Office around 9:30pm and give what will be a fireside chat on encouraging the states to ban abortion with Pro-Life amendments in the states.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Carlos May (R/IN-7)
Larry Bucshon (R/IN-8)
Todd Young (R/IN-9)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 07:20:25 am »
Ignore

First I make the promise to uphold the Constuition, then I give a speech casting vision of returning America to her original intent. After that I'll go to the Oval Office and sign Excutive Order 11110 restoring sound money and expect Congress to have a Abolish the Fed Act on my desk within the first week of my presidency. Then I go to Buttonwood in New York City aka Ground Zero and give a speech acknowledging our dependence on God and seek His forgiveness and mercy for our nation. Around 7pm go to JHOP and spend time in Bible reading and prayer. Return to the Oval Office around 9:30pm and give what will be a fireside chat on encouraging the states to ban abortion with Pro-Life amendments in the states.

Contradicted yourself there.

Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 10:16:14 am »
Ignore

lol, assuming all Americans believe in God.

lawlz
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »
Ignore

The President has freedom of religion, so he has the freedom to do a national prayer.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 03:46:54 pm »
Ignore

---Issue an executive order restoring Sound Money, as has been previously mentioned.
---Suspend Drone strikes in Pakistan.
---Announce the withdrawal of all US troops from Afghanistan as soon as possible.
---Ask Congress to reopen investigations into 9/11, OK City, Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Operation Fast & Furious so we can settle conspiracy theories once and for all.

America's like that hot chick everyone wants, and illegal immigrants are all the nerds that she should say "no" to.
Is Totally Not Feeblepizza.
Crackers
United States

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:16 pm »
Ignore

The President has freedom of religion, so he has the freedom to do a national prayer.
I know that. I just love how he and other presidents conveniently leave out atheists, agnostics, secularists, etc.

lawlz
Carlos Danger
wormyguy
YaBB God
Liechtenstein

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 10:47:24 pm »
Ignore

disband the government via executive order

a real human being
Ghost_white
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: 5.91

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 10:48:34 pm »
Ignore

Try not to get killed.

That has got to be one of the most retarded proposals I have read on this forum.

Don't worry, I'm sure more will crop up shortly.
J. J.
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 01:26:13 am »
Ignore

Immediately see who the Vice President is.  If he/she isn't a total dweeb, resign.

J. J.

"Actually, .. now that you mention it...." 
- Londo Molari

"Every government are parliaments of whores.
The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us." - P. J. O'Rourke

"Wa sala, wa lala."

(Zulu for, "You snooze, you lose.")
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do
Old Europe
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 04:36:02 pm »
Ignore

Somehow this reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2O12VG8pkc&feature=player_detailpage#t=105s

I'm JewCon in name only.
Klecly
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.61, S: 6.52

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 11:38:01 am »
Ignore

I'd start planning on who'd I'd appoint to the Supreme Court (Pro Life judges).  And slowly start working to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Than I'd try to bring democracy to Cuba by negotiating with Cuban leaders in a neutral location.

* Tax reform (Modified flat tax)
* education reform
* immigration reform (No Amnesty)

JCL and the Geologist
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2012, 02:24:23 pm »
Ignore

---Issue an executive order restoring Sound Money, as has been previously mentioned.
---Suspend Drone strikes in Pakistan.
---Announce the withdrawal of all US troops from Afghanistan as soon as possible.
---Ask Congress to reopen investigations into 9/11, OK City, Waco, Ruby Ridge, and Operation Fast & Furious so we can settle conspiracy theories once and for all.

Points 2,3, and 4 are day 2 of my presidency.

Contradicted yourself there.

No I didn't. I'm repenting as president for the actions of another president. Read a book called The Harbinger by Jonathon Cahn  to understand the actions I'd take on that matter.

As president I would regularly ask the American people to seek the guidence of Divine Providence regarding important matters of state. Benjamin Franklin, not known as one of our more religious founders, called the Constituitional Convention to a season of prayer.

Congressional Races
Jackie Walorski (R/IN-2)
Marlin Stutzman (R/IN-3)
Todd Rokita (R/IN-4)
Chard Reid (Lib/IN-5)
Luke Messer (R/IN-6)
Carlos May (R/IN-7)
Larry Bucshon (R/IN-8)
Todd Young (R/IN-9)
Tom Massie (R/KY-4)
A.G. Snowstalker
Snowstalker
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -8.06, S: -4.96

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2012, 08:53:29 pm »
Ignore

Immediately continue work on fixing the economic situation (it would begin as President-elect). Also, party.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout